No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6th Moore accuser comes forward, this time from the early 90's. At least this time the woman involved wasn't a teenager.

Ivanka Trump puts out a statement saying she believes the women and that there's "a hot place in hell for people who prey on children". Oh my.

Can ol' Roy read the writing on the wall, here?

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Roy's news conference was essentially: FAKE NEWS! We want the year book for handwriting analysis!
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
          Serious question AA. What is it about (some) Alabama voters? Are they single topic voters where the person doesn't matter? Are they party voters, again where the person doesn't matter? What motivates them to support moral bankruptcy yet claim moral superiority?
          From what I can tell, most feel the same as Mo Brooks. The Dems are ruining the country and any R even a scofflaw and a pedophile is better than a D.

From what I have seen here, on the surface it is mainly a three issue thing with other underlying issues.

Abortion is number 1. It trumps all others. I'v heard from more than one person that Doug Jones is a baby killer and there is no way that they would vote for him.

It is followed closely by the fact that they have bought into the propaganda and "fact" that the Dems are going to take their guns.

And last but not least is gay marriage/homosexuality.

Roy Moore is against the trifecta and he was removed from his position as Alabama's Chief Justice for not taking the 10 Commandments down in the courthouse and then again for not allowing gay marriage after the Supreme Court ruled that he had to. That makes him a hero here. He stood up to the Feds trying to tell "us" what to do (still fighting the civil war) and withheld, as his campaign commercial stated, "our Alabama values"

On top of that, the Church runs Alabama.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/rBtQofPEROA[/ame]

Comment

• That's going to be fucking hilarious if the D.A. was the initials Dilbert Adams from when Moore was the judge for Beverly Young Nelson's divorce and his assistant that stamped his name initialed the paperwork.

Release the book, or he's off the hook

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                From what I can tell, most feel the same as Mo Brooks. The Dems are ruining the country and any R even a scofflaw and a pedophile is better than a D.

From what I have seen here, on the surface it is mainly a three issue thing with other underlying issues.

Abortion is number 1. It trumps all others. I'v heard from more than one person that Doug Jones is a baby killer and there is no way that they would vote for him.

It is followed closely by the fact that they have bought into the propaganda and "fact" that the Dems are going to take their guns.

Roy Moore is against the trifecta and he was removed from his position as Alabama's Chief Justice for not taking the 10 Commandments down in the courthouse and then again for not allowing gay marriage after the Supreme Court ruled that he had to. That makes him a hero here. He stood up to the Feds trying to tell "us" what to do (still fighting the civil war) and withheld, as his campaign commercial stated, "our Alabama values"

FFS, I don't know how you do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Yesterday Roy Moore attacked DC for creating "new rights" in 1965 (a not terribly subtle reference to the Civil Rights Act). He also decried that Christian prayer had been taken out of public schools.

Comment

• Don't forget the war on Christmas.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• All he has to do is follow the Clinton denial program...he'll be fine...deny deny deny...oh shit proof...bite bottom lip...apologize...no problem!
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Just saw this commercial.

[ame]https://youtu.be/6vLz9xs7af0[/ame]

Comment

• I differ from talent on the 52 versus 51. It's kind of a big deal, if you are a Republican it waters down any potential bill. We saw it when they tried to pass the ACA repeal. Especially since you would be taking out a vote that would be a definite yes.

This is much different than when GWB was President and they had a slim margin in the Senate because the House was basically a rubber stamp for any tax cut. The tea party guys in the House make it very hard to get to 50.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            I differ from talent on the 52 versus 51. It's kind of a big deal, if you are a Republican it waters down any potential bill. We saw it when they tried to pass the ACA repeal. Especially since you would be taking out a vote that would be a definite yes.

This is much different than when GWB was President and they had a slim margin in the Senate because the House was basically a rubber stamp for any tax cut. The tea party guys in the House make it very hard to get to 50.
                            I don't think Moore is a rubber stamp Trump vote, though. He is more of a Tea-Partier than a Trumpster. I think that is why you are seeing the GOP bail on him.

Comment

• Maybe, I was thinking more about the current tax bill dynamics. I doubt he gives a crap about the Byrd rule and the pass through legislation that Ron Johnson is worried about. For these purposes he is a definite yes. It is why they were willing to welcome him as they did last month before this scandal. He was unfit for office before this scandal.

He definitely would be a headache in many ways but not for the tax bill.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Maybe, I was thinking more about the current tax bill dynamics. I doubt he gives a crap about the Byrd rule and the pass through legislation that Ron Johnson is worried about. For these purposes he is a definite yes. It is why they were willing to welcome him as they did last month before this scandal. He was unfit for office before this scandal.

He definitely would be a headache in many ways but not for the tax bill.

Yes he was.

Comment

Working...
                                X