No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only the first weekend. This is the current slate of games that'll be on SEC Network

August 28
    Texas A&M @ South Carolina
    Vanderbilt v. Temple

August 30
    Kentucky v. UT-Martin
    Arkansas @ Auburn
    Miss State v. Southern Miss

August 31
    Tennessee v. Utah State

Sept 6
    Tennessee v. Arkansas State
    Florida v. Eastern Michigan
    Alabama v. Florida Atlantic
    Texas A&M v. Lamar
    LSU v. Sam Houston State
    Arkansas v. Nicholls State

Sept 13
    Missouri v. Central Florida
    Ole Miss v. LA-Lafayette
    Kentucky @ Florida

Sept. 20
    Georgia vs. Troy

I'm sure there will be a few more decent games added, but after opening weekend, it's the same shitty games you'd expect on BTN. Only one worth watching is UCF and Missouri.

Comment

• I could see some pretty good games being on there in the future. Unlike the Big Ten, the SEC can go four deep with good games a lot of weeks. Also, ESPN historically has a strategy of using good games to extort subscriptions out of people, so they will probably purposely put more good games than you would expect on there to get more subscriptions. They have done this with every new channel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        They actually are going to put some pretty decent games on there.
        I still won't watch... do you really think any of them are watching the Big ten?
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I just saw on Fox News that Tom Brady's wife, Gisele Bundchen earned 47M modeling last year.

That makes Tom the smartest guy to ever graduate from Michigan. (slightly eclipsing the Prime)
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• B10 puts its very bottom games (tier 3) on the BTN as ABC/ESPN gets to choose all their games and the BTN gets whatever is left. Pac 12 and SEC are putting some of their games that would be on tier 2 or in the case of the Pac 12 tier 1 on their networks to jumpstart their networks quicker than the B10...

When the B10 renegotiates it's TV contract next year (I believe) I think they'll do similar to the SEC and put some tier 2 quality games on its network. This will net the BTN more money from outside the B10 region and get wider distribution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
              That makes Tom the smartest guy to ever graduate from Michigan. (slightly eclipsing the Prime)...

Your modesty and humility is an inspiration to us all!
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• JK Jon. ☺..... And call me crazy.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The NFL Wants Its Super Bowl Halftime Performer to Pay

On the one hand, when artists play the highly watched Super Bowl, they stand to get a huge bump in not only album sales but ticket sales for their tours. On the other hand, the NFL has never asked for money before. For the first year in history, The Wall Street Journal reports, the NFL is asking artists (or record labels, rather) to pay for the privilege of headlining the 2015 Super Bowl. They've put out the request to their top three choices: Rihanna, Coldplay, and Katy Perry — who, unsurprisingly, aren't thrilled. "The pay-to-play suggestion got a chilly reception from the candidates' representatives." If they won't pay, the NFL is asking whether the musicians "would be willing to contribute a portion of their post-Super Bowl tour income to the league." A pop star layaway program, you could say. Meanwhile, the amount of money the NFL is asking remains undecided, but I'm sure Katy Perry would be happy to sing the "Are You Ready for Some Football?" song.
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• LMAO

The NFL must be the most arrogant fucking organization on the planet

Comment

• Strangelove and I are in complete agreement ... and I can't believe I said that....
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Unfortunately I agree with him too

Comment

• Dave Benson's wheels are turning...

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            Strangelove and I are in complete agreement ... and I can't believe I said that....
                            I believe this is the third sign of the Apocolypse...which coincided with the second sign...a rational thought from DSL...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• What self-respecting football fan actually watches the 1/2 time show anyaway? Less Hack and his enchantment of The Village People when they rocked SB VII.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                                What self-respecting football fan actually watches the 1/2 time show anyaway?
                                This.

Why anyone would want to watch that boring-ass shit is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                                X