No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just exchanging old war stories I imagine.

Such a guy's guy!

Comment

• This place has one of the best Reubans that I have ever had.

Two locations. The original is in Pensacola. They opened a second in Destin. Great food. Check it out if you ever get a chance

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Sidetracks in Ypsi makes a nice Irish Egg Rolls, I think they're called there.

A reuben is basically paradise in a sandwich, no? And though I hate to be too tribal about anything, it's a reason to be proud of my own particular branch of Judaism (secular). Obviously not kosher, but we made it happen anyways. For all humankind.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
          Just exchanging old war stories I imagine.

Such a guy's guy!
          LOL. That lasted about as long as the photo opp and then he went to wash his hands, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            Sidetracks in Ypsi makes a nice Irish Egg Rolls, I think they're called there.

A reuben is basically paradise in a sandwich, no? And though I hate to be too tribal about anything, it's a reason to be proud of my own particular branch of Judaism (secular). Obviously not kosher, but we made it happen anyways. For all humankind.
            Humankind thanks your people
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• On behalf of My People, I accept.

Comment

• Comment

• Ultimately I think I would beware of any coverage that fails to factor in the potential Saudi Aramco IPO. Potentially the largest IPO in history. Saudi is trying to get either the NYSE or the LSE to waive as many disclosure-related listing requirements as possible, possibly because disclosure of information equity investors want is just against the grain there, but also possibly because it could reveal that Saudi oil reserves aren't quite as high as they've always claimed.
                  I heard a discussion of this on C-Span. It is highly unlikely that the Aramco IPO will be listed on any major exchange. The main reason is that the Saudi government and Aramco are so intertwined that it will be almost impossible to tell where one ends and the other starts.

Hack, is this current "crackdown" mainly on Wahabis? There is a lot of talk about liberalizing the Kingdom, and I'd think that would mean scaling back the power of the Wahabis.

Comment

• Back to wings.

When I was stationed at Fairport, Ohio, we used to drive to Madison on the Lake to go to Roman's to get wings. They were the best that I ever had. Just standard Franks Red Hot and butter wing sauce, but something about them was special. I think they might have had a take out place in Mentor, but it was about 25 years ago, so I'm not too sure. But they were the best. I've been searching for wings that good ever since, alas, to no avail...

Any of you Ohio guys ever been to Roman's?

Last edited by CGVT; November 7, 2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Back when I was working in Orlando monthly we got wings a lot, nothing too fancy it was either at BWs or at Miller's Ale House. The latter would serve these gigantic Wings on a huge platter.

The best thing about those Reuben Rolls Saturday was the corn beef was shredded and tender. That was the appetizer, I had some steak street tacos for the main course.

Comment

• I like BWs but they are so hit and miss. The one near Lakeland and the one in Norfolk are great, but my local one in Mobile is sub par. I've been to others that weren't very good. It seems that their beer tap lines always need cleaning. I like their Mango Habanaro, but their standard "buffalo" sauces are lacking

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          I heard a discussion of this on C-Span. It is highly unlikely that the Aramco IPO will be listed on any major exchange. The main reason is that the Saudi government and Aramco are so intertwined that it will be almost impossible to tell where one ends and the other starts.

Hack, is this current "crackdown" mainly on Wahabis? There is a lot of talk about liberalizing the Kingdom, and I'd think that would mean scaling back the power of the Wahabis.
                          I doubt it too. Saudi has tried and tried to attract outside capital through formal capital markets and just failed and failed. IMO this Aramco IPO thing is just complete nonsense if you insist on an earnest reading of equity and what it means and requires. Then again, investors have a long track record of failing to do that. More than willing not to back their own bullshit about transparency and disclosure. Especially in that region, i.e. when Dubai's Islamic bonds went bust after the financial crisis. And, I think the Saudis can play the UK and US off each other long enough that one will cave and suspend listing requirements. Buyer beware with that stock.

The current seems to be mostly the crown prince consolidating his new hold on power by removing elements of his own extended family. Needs to get rid of the old guard in order to do new things. Then again they took out Hariri, and that would be most easily understood as a move against Iran. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with Wahhabis or religion at all, save for if you filter it through regional politics. Then again, chicks can drive now.

So, I don't know. All I do know is more than ever it's a follow-the-money country. They no longer have the oil money to buy what they want. Everything ought to be interpreted through the need to diversify the economy and state revenue sources.

Comment

• why the left will continue to lose, exhibit A:

Comment

• Actually, has zero bearing on that.

Comment

• Beef O' Brady's has pretty good wings, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X