Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
    I agree but that would still require a change in the tax code. A small business, the one I work for as an example, files as an s-corporation. We hire 6 people. It's not like we have 5000 employees or the CEO is making 500 million dollars, and the president has a history of gifting us with bonuses throughout the year, which has mostly gone away for a last 6-7 years. Why should we be taxed like Wallmart? Or GE?

This would be a massive benefit to us, especially since we need at least another 2 employees at a minimum. and we would like to have the extra money to improve our building, or to rebuild our website, or for a new copier-all in n one. I'm sitting on a chair that I can't rock back in without it tipping over.
    I fully support making employee salaries tax deductible, and allowing companies to deduct capital expenditures. That way your company could do that with the profits it makes without having to pay tax on it.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• don't forget to wish Hillary a happy birthday tomorrow

Comment

• The ghey was getting strong in here, with Canadians, talk of units, and entropy looking for holes. Then Kap swooped in with cold water for the save.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
          The ghey was getting strong in here, with Canadians, talk of units, and entropy looking for holes. Then Kap swooped in with cold water for the save.
          lol

Comment

• last ditch effort to get something Russian to stick to Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
              lol
              ...rare quality post by Hoss...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This is a good article (by Williamson! Again!)

The Whitefish No-Bid Puerto Rico Contract Stinks

Meet Whitefish Energy, which has just been awarded a $300 million project to rebuild storm-smacked Puerto Rico’s electrical grid. Whitefish is based in the hometown of Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke, who knows the firm’s chief executive and whose son once worked for Whitefish in a modest capacity. Whitefish Energy has two full-time employees, and its largest government contract prior to this was a $1.3 million job fixing 4.8 miles of power line. Its biggest government job other than that was replacing a pole. Whitefish Energy is a two-year-old firm, and it reported $1 million in revenue on its procurement documents.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ontract-stinks

It should also be noted that Lisa Murkowski says she will be looking into this...recall that Ryan Zinke (reportedly) personally threatened her with losing Federal funding in Alaska if she didn't fall in line with Trump on Obamacare.

Comment

• Mundane. If we're going to be a Banana Republic lets at least have interesting corruption and not boring corruption. I miss Dick Cheney.

Comment

• I miss you shutting the fuck up
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• New York and New Jersey Republicans (maybe some California ones too) are threatening to block Trump's budget tomorrow unless they get a deal promising to not eliminate the federal state & local tax deduction. They claim to have the votes to do it.

WASHINGTON – Several Republicans in New York and New Jersey, upset at plans to eliminate state and local state deductions in the federal tax overhaul, say they will reject a budget bill Thursday th…

Meanwhile the House's top tax policy man says Trump can say whatever he wants, he and other Republicans still plan to make changes to 401(k)s

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        I miss you shutting the fuck up
                        No you don't. You have no idea what that feels like.

(Nobody else does either. For once, at least, you're not trailing the pack in some category or other.)

Comment

• hmmmm....well no I don't know...but I'm willing to give you a shot of shutting the fuck up...although it's akin to playing Powerball...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay
                            If they'd put fifteen more miles behind her
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Comment

• Lake Huron rolls, superior sings
                                In the rooms of her ice-water mansion
                                Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
                                The islands and bays are for sportsmen
                                And farther below Lake Ontario
                                Takes in what Lake Erie can send her
                                And the iron boats go as the mariners all know
                                With the gales of November remembered
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment