Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Irma downgraded to a category 3 hurricane but is expected to move back to level 4 prior to hitting Florida

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        Key West is a great town. It took about 6 months to get past the tourist stage, but once we got a bit established we were accepted by the locals and had a fantastic time there. I miss living there.

What does that get you? I loved going to the Keys when I lived in South Florida, but always felt like it was the journey that was the point rather than the arrival in Key West. Though I could see that if you penetrate past the tourist stuff there must be a really nice way of life available.

I would like to bike the Keys. I think that might be a great way to move through there.
        For us it was mostly social. The locals were a very eclectic mix of people. People that made money and retired early, servers and bar workers that lived 8 to a house in old town, people that lived on boats in the bay. It seem that there were a lot of people that were just moving to Key West or had lived there a few years and were leaving. There was a lot of churn, especially in the service industry. It was very cosmopolitan, people from all over the world that had settled there for the laid back lifestyle. And it was very laid back and accepting. Of course the bar scene was central (married, two incomes, no kids). We got invited to parties at homes and things that were off the beaten path, bus trips to Miami to go to sporting events etc etc. Hell, one St Patricks day I poured pints of Guinness at Finnegan's Wake's block party. It was a great time.

I'm not sure that I would want to live there with kids, but for the time that I was there, it was one of the best places that I ever lived.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm sure there are better videos but saw this one and the beginning is good to show the wind impact.

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

From this picture it appears Branson's private island had 195 mph winds..

Comment

• Just 3 yrs ago

Comment

• Which is why nobody voted for her -- she has no opinions or code. Only policy positions she hopes people will like. The worst of scenarios have come to pass for Democrats -- they lost and learned absolutely nothing in the process about the kind of person voters want. I wonder if Bernie could force more change running outside the structure.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                  https://www.facebook.com/MikeCernovi...5870010542048/

Just 3 yrs ago

This clip has been widely spread in right-wing media to presumably show even Hillary is against DACA. That was when they still thought Trump wanted them all deported; it now seems pretty likely that the opposite is true

However, I believe she was also talking about children detained at the border, not the Dreamers who have been living in the US for a decade or more.

Comment

• Judge Jeanine praises Trump cutting deals with Pelosi. Shocking. It's almost as if getting a deal done is more important to his media sycophants than the substance of the deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      This clip has been widely spread in right-wing media to presumably show even Hillary is against DACA. That was when they still thought Trump wanted them all deported; it now seems pretty likely that the opposite is true

However, I believe she was also talking about children detained at the border, not the Dreamers who have been living in the US for a decade or more.

I see being a D or an R is more important than what is said... trump also is proving that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Or it's a completely different situation with different considerations.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• It doesn't matter, Hillary Clinton lost.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/906913973928431616[/ame]

Comment

• These disasters seem to bring out a "Lord of the Flies" behavior set in some.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Weather service is warning people on Marco island and the Naples area that once the eye passes over them, there will be a storm surge of 10-15 feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X