No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While you're at it, why don't you dig up your pathetic lie about how being registered in multiple states is also "voter fraud" and that millions in America (nearly all Dems, undoubtedly) are guilty of it?

Comment

• Again, I link to actual government sites explaining the law; Geezer links to Breitbart

Another example: Geezer Junior is from Boston and is attending Dartmouth. He has a Mass drivers license but doesn't own a car. He parents drop him off at college where he lives 9 months of the year. He claims NH residency and votes in 2016. Was he required to get a NH drivers license within 60 days of that? Even if you don't own a vehicle and have no intention of driving a vehicle within the state?

This is the actual law

263:35 Nonresident Who Establishes a Residency in the State. – Notwithstanding the provisions of RSA 261:44 or any other law to the contrary, any nonresident driver of a motor vehicle who holds a valid driver's license in another jurisdiction, upon the establishment of a bona fide residency in this state, shall have a maximum of 60 days from the date his residency was established to obtain a driver's license issued by the state of New Hampshire.

Not a lawyer. But it seems to me that if you don't own or operate a vehicle in NH, even if you have an out-of-state license, this requirement would not apply to you. Now if you do drive a friend's car or have your dad's car on campus then yes, you'd be liable. It would not, however, invalidate your vote so long as your residency was first declared on election day.

Comment

• Alex Jones approves of Geezer's links
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I doubt there are any widespread issues

there are avenues however where somebody like a Russia might use the flaws that have been pointed out to their advantage

it is fun though to watch the CNN/MSNBC's of the world come unglued over Russia somehow being able to influence the election. They were desparately searching for voting irregularities ie jill stein then spin around like a circle when kobach does the same thing for other reasons. they should band their resources

Comment

• Things have started looking a lot worse for people in the Naples/Fort Myers/Sarasota area. If you have family/friends living down there and they haven't left, urge them to do so.

Comment

• Right up I75 through Atlanta
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I hate to say it, but this a good thing for me. I would like to see it slide a little farther west. I have a house on the south end of St Simons Island GA about a quarter mile from the beach. The highest point of land is 9' above sea level. We got lucky last year with Matthew. I'm hoping we get lucky again this year.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Things have started looking a lot worse for people in the Naples/Fort Myers/Sarasota area. If you have family/friends living down there and they haven't left, urge them to do so.

Could there be a worse track for this storm, right up the FL peninsula? Fuck.

I sick at the thought of what its going to do to Miami and the Keys.

Comment

• figured I would beat dsl to the punch

watching the devastation on a few of those islands its feasible that 1/2 of florida will be flattened after this is done. god help them

Comment

• Anywhere it would have made landfall would suck. If it skirts the east coast of FL, it could carry 140 mph wind and tidal surges all the way up to North Caroline if not farther.

So yes, there could be a worse track for this storm. Unless it took a radical turn, it was going to suck for south FL regardless.

Comment

• Starting to think Equifax is a pretty slimeball company. First, some executives sold million of dollars in stock right before announcing that hackers had stolen private info on 150 million people.

And now if you use their website to check to see if you were hacked you may be quietly waiving away all rights to sue

Comment

• what to do..
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Hurricane Andrew (1992) superimposed to the top left of Irma

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Damn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• This twitter thread is excellent and blows the "New Hampshire Voter Fraud" story out of the water.

One, there is a legal difference between "domicile" and "residence". College students are considered to be 'domiciled'. Therefore the drivers license requirement does not apply to them. In fact, the New Hampshire Supreme Court has ALREADY RULED ON THIS VERY ISSUE.

The State appealed a superior court order denying its motion for summary judgment and granting that of petitioners, Annemarie. Guare, Cody Blesedell, Garret Healey, Joan Ashwell, and the League of Women Voters, on their petition for declaratory and injunctive relief. When this case was decided by the trial court, petitioners Guare, Blesedell, and Healey were students enrolled at the University of New Hampshire, and petitioner Ashwell was a volunteer with the New Hampshire League of Women Voters. The order on appeal made permanent a preliminary injunction issued in 2012, pursuant to which the State was required to delete from the standard voter registration form the following language: “In declaring New Hampshire as my domicile, I am subject to the laws of the state of New Hampshire which apply to all residents, including laws requiring a driver to register a motor vehicle and apply for a New Hampshire[ ] driver’s license within 60 days of becoming a resident.” The trial court issued the permanent injunction after concluding that the challenged language violated Part I, Article 11 of the New Hampshire Constitution. On appeal, the State did not challenge the trial court’s issuance of injunctive relief. Rather, the State focused its appellate arguments to the trial court’s determination that the challenged language violated Part I, Article 11. Finding that the challenged language unreasonably burdened the fundamental right to vote, and because, the State failed to advance a "sufficiently weighty interest" to justify the language, the Supreme Court affirmed the trial court’s determination that the challenged language violated Part I, Article 11 of the State Constitution.

Two, research has already been conducted on this by New Hampshire public radio. They can tell you the exact precincts where most of those voters voted. And guess what? Every single site that had a high number turned out to be a college town:

Overall, the towns that see the highest rates of out-of-state IDs used at the polls are all home to college campuses: the University of New Hampshire (Durham, with some spillover in Dover and Portsmouth), Dartmouth (Hanover and Lebanon), Keene State University (Keene), Franklin Pierce University (Rindge), Plymouth State University (Plymouth), Saint Anselm University (near the border of Goffstown and Manchester), New England College (Henniker) and Southern New Hampshire University (Hooksett).

Otherwise, out-of-state IDs are used all across the state – but only in double- or single-digit numbers. About two dozen people used out-of-state IDs in Laconia, which has a fair number of seasonal homes. One person used a Florida ID to vote in Pittsburg, someone else presented a Maine ID in Waterville Valley and another used a South Dakota ID in Barrington, to name a few.

http://nhpr.org/post/where-were-out-...ember#stream/0

Note that the link (Geezer & crash) contains a highly detailed map showing where the out-of-state licenses voted. The two precincts with the highest number are where Dartmouth and the U of New Hampshire are located. Does Breitbart put that kind of detail in its "reporting"? Did Kobach bother to mention any of this?

So let's summarize one last time

1) There's overwhelming evidence that out-of-state licenses were used predominantly by college students.

2) There's an established legal standard in New Hampshire that being 'domiciled' and a 'resident' are not the same thing. Those who are 'domiciled' are not subject to the 60-day Driver's license requirement. Out-of-state college students are considered to be 'domiciled' under NH law.

3) Using an out-of-state driver's license to confirm your identity at the voting booth is not the same thing as voter fraud.

[ame]https://twitter.com/JessicaHuseman/status/906229550576787461[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X