No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beside since we've been sending NHL'ers to the Olympics....a loss to the US or Russia may mean very little.

1998 Nagano
    Champion: Czech Republic
    Canada and Russia were the only teams to go undefeated in the preliminary round, both sporting plus-9 goal differentials entering the playoffs. And both were knocked off by Dominik Hasek and the Czechs by 2-1 and 1-0 scores, in the semifinal and final. The Czechs played well throughout the tournament, with its only loss coming to Russia early in the event. It’s the closest a gold-medal winner has come to being perfect.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Actually all 12 teams make the elimimation round. The best team that doesn't win its group is the #4 seed.

Comment

• Winners of Group A, B & C get a bye to the Quarterfinals and will play their first medal round game on the 19th of February.

4 games, (8 teams) all play of the 18th of February in a Qualification round: 8 + 3 = 11.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• No. The top 4 teams get a bye into the quarters - the 3 group winners and the next best team. The bottom 8 teams face off in qualification games. The winners of those 4 games are then matched with the top 4 teams in the quarters.

Comment

• Ah, the trite minutia of the Peasant Nations.

Getzlaf & Weber goals today, best of the tourney so far. Shorthanded goal.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 14, 2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Since when does Canada wear black? It looks bad
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Weber's second of the Tourney, 106 mph, ref had to use instant replay to confirm as it sprang from the net. Babcock says he doesn't use his best penalty killers against Nashville, too many broken bones!

Comment

• Yikes!

Comment

• Anybody else up watching the USA vs. the Soviet Oregon Red Ducks? Hideous uniforms. Are they Nike creations?

Comment

• Obitchkin hits the post TWICE on the PP !

Comment

• Datsyuk! Wings may miss the playoffs but Pavel is having fun!

1-0 Russia.

Comment

• Fowler scores on PP, off his skate and in the net. 1-1.

Comment

• Great game so far. Keep hitting these assholes and they'll do something stupid. Again. Oh, and fuck you, Patrick Kane.

Comment

• Fresh ice, start of 3rd , Russia's PP will be deadly.

Comment

• Have to kill this penalty. I have a feeling Ovie burries one.

Comment

Working...
                                X