No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMAO.. so know they will charge you for setting suitcases on the second bed.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Many NHL coaches have genuine concern about post-Sochi fatigue.

The NHL will NOT be in South Korea in 2018 unless the NHLPA overrides the owners.

These NHL billionaire owners receive ZERO income in a process they cannot control. Likely will will return to the Canada Cup/World Cup where the players give up 2 weeks in August and the tournament plays before the start of the NHL regular season in October and the League and players share millions in additional revenue, fuck the corrupt IOC!

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sochi/going-in...igue-1.1678354

Although Crosby & Stamkos would have been a match in Heaven, First Team Canada practice in Russia: (courtesy of Bob McKenzie)

Crosby between Kunitz-Carter, Toews between Sharp-Nash, Getzlaf between John Tavares-Perry, that's three seemingly defined lines and 5 Fs for 4th.

Remaining forwards are Marleau-Bergeron-St. Louis-Benn-Duchene.

Defence pairs are exactly as were projected: Keith-Weber; Vlasic-Doughty; JBo-Petro; Hamhuis-Subban.

Here are how the lines are looking for the Canadians after their practice. A reminder: Canada is pretty stacked.

Any time that you can have a third line that consists of Ryan Getzlaf, John Tavares and Corey Perry, you're probably an OK team.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Looks like Babcock will give Jeff Carter of the LA kings the first look at RW on Crosby's line.

A reminder again why Chris "clubfoot" Kunitz made Team Canada, no-look pass from Crosby is lethal.

Short tournament, 6-games, sudden-death, Babcock & Yzerman know how to win, line chemistry is at a premium. Don't forget Getzlaf-Perry of Anaheim & Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo of St. Louis.

[youtube]ihxINf5u998[/youtube]
        Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 10, 2014, 01:07 PM.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Cindy Crosby is enough to make me root for the Ruskies. He's little more than an Olympic Justin Bieber. What a douche. Maybe we can offer a deal to our neighbors to the north so they keep both of them from ever crossing the border south again.

US vs Canada in the semis? Too bad, it'd be a better final.

The US ladies' hockey team is amazing. Good puck handling skills and unbelievably fast. US vs Canada would be a terrific final.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• US women should win the Gold, Canadian lesbians the Silver.

US lines, 1st practice:

Dustin Brown-Ryan Kesler-Patrick Kane
            Zach Parise-David Backes-T.J. Oshie
            James van Riemsdyk-Joe Pavelski-Phil Kessel
            Max Pacioretty-Paul Stastny-Ryan Callahan

Spares: Derek Stepan, Blake Wheeler

The mighty Soviets once landed a probe on Mars yet are overwhelmed by indoor plumbing?

Comment

• Team Russia, preliminary lines:

As for actual hockey-specific stuff, Ovechkin started the day on a line with Evgeni Malkin and Alexander Semin. That's not bad. Here are the rest of Russia's initial combos minus captain Pavel Datsyuk, who is expected to play despite a groin injury.

Vladimir Tarasenko-Artem Anisimov-Nikolai Kulemin
              Alexander Radulov-Aleksandr Svitov-Ilya Kovalchuk
              Alexander Popov-Alexei Tereschenko-Viktor Tikhonov

Comment

• I think the picture of the utility box in the shower is my favorite so far..
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  Cindy Crosby is enough to make me root for the Ruskies. He's little more than an Olympic Justin Bieber. What a douche. Maybe we can offer a deal to our neighbors to the north so they keep both of them from ever crossing the border south again.

US vs Canada in the semis? Too bad, it'd be a better final.

The US ladies' hockey team is amazing. Good puck handling skills and unbelievably fast. US vs Canada would be a terrific final.
                  I agree Jon, Russia F'ed Up by finishing an embarrassing 6th in Vancouver in 2010. As a result both the USA and Russia are in Group A and must play each other on the 15th in preliminary play.

On the other hand, Gold medal Canada is in Group B and plays Norway, Austria and Finland in preliminary tournament play, much easier pool. A 1-loss Russia or USA must play a qualification game just to make the medal round.

Comment

• Team photo, day 2, actually the uniforms look damn good.

Comment

• Talk about a shit sandwich - smelly turd between two slices of wholesome white bread!
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Team USA, I like them too.

Yzerman looks to be rummaging through Sid's pockets, Kid could have signed with any club for upwards of $250M, instead choose to stay with the Pens and leave plenty on the table for a supporting cast under the cap. Ovie, the exact opposite.

Comment

• I like Russia's too, in an Imperial sense. I'm gonna let my new dog wear it.

Obviously PD should practice catch and release while ice fishing on lake Chernobyl, what the F is up with his skull?

Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 11, 2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• USA hockey schedule. All 3 round-robin games are broadcast on NBCSN at 7:30 EST beginning Thursday morning against Slovakia. Get your weekend started bright and early Saturday morning as we play the goddamn Russians!

Comment

• USA thumped Slovakia 7-1, scoring 6 times in the 2nd period. The margin is also nice because goal differential is used as a tie-breaker. They looked very good and play Russia next, who beat Slovenia 5-2 today.

Comment

• USA looked the best out of any team in the tourney at the start, no jet lag, hungry & impressive.

Good luck against Russia although at home, I'd love nothing better than an upset. Russians had their handsful against Slovenia in their 1st Olympic appearance.

Canada got off to slow start but then coasted against Norway, better find their A game and quick. Expect a can whoopass against mighty Austria next!

Russia will certainly bring it against the USA, Datsyuk obviously looks seriously injured, now Zetterberg has a herniated disc, Ilitch must be extremely pissed.

Wings battling 6 teams for the last wildcard for playoffs, too bad these selfish players tried to rush back to play for their country while forgetting their NHL club paycheck.

Stamkos passed as well as Sedin sister Henry.

Comment

Working...
                                X