No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The system cannot send good people. Bad people find it too easy to game the system. The system anticipated that in advance, and built in protections. Isn't working.

Systems only work for so long before they are too ridden with loopholes. Not sure we're at that point, but some major patching is required.

Obama wasn't garbage. We have no reason to suspect anything other than that he was the most ethical guy in office since Jimmy Carter. The most important person in the system wasn't a garbage-in guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      I don't think you can have any posivite policy/personnel outcomes if the system in which they operate is broken. Holy fuck is it broken.
      I see it at as two separate problems. No doubt, the legislative system is broken for a lot of contributing reasons. And yes, there is supposed to be anyway, synergy between the executive and legislative branches. But the executive, as the NRO article suggests, has to govern.

So far DJT has been a collosal failure at that putting advancing his own financial interests ahead of national interests. He's let his personality get in the way as well.

I think many rather expected this but it's playing out a lot worse than I thought it would.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

The system cannot send good people. Bad people find it too easy to game the system. The system anticipated that in advance, and built in protections. Isn't working.

Systems only work for so long before they are too ridden with loopholes. Not sure we're at that point, but some major patching is required.

Obama wasn't garbage. We have no reason to suspect anything other than that he was the most ethical guy in office since Jimmy Carter. The most important person in the system wasn't a garbage-in guy.
        The protections ultimately wind up at the ballot box. The pols are in office because we put them there, and they stay there because we re-elect them. And if not them, then in most parts of the country its somebody just like them, or even more concentrated.

All the procedural projections man can conceive are useless if unenforced. What veneer of repercussions remained to keep them in line is rapidly being worn off in an environment of near one-party hegemony.

Comment

• Some recent covers... Maybe some validation to what others have said about the hidden trump voters and how they are silently objecting.
          Last edited by entropy; May 15, 2017, 11:40 AM.
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
            The protections ultimately wind up at the ballot box. The pols are in office because we put them there, and they stay there because we re-elect them. And if not them, then in most parts of the country its somebody just like them, or even more concentrated.

All the procedural projections man can conceive are useless if unenforced. What veneer of repercussions remained to keep them in line is rapidly being worn off in an environment of near one-party hegemony.
            I don't know what to tell you. I don't think we need more processes.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
              Some recent covers... Maybe some validation to what others have said about the hidden trump voters and how they are silently objecting.
              So they should go be Nazis with Richard Spencer.

Comment

I don't know what to tell you. I don't think we need more processes.
                You don't have to tell me anything; we both know we're fucked.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• For more than a year, a United Nations agency in Geneva has been helping North Korea prepare an international patent application for production of sodium cyanide -- a chemical used to make the nerve gas Tabun.

UN agency helps North Korea with patent application for banned nerve gas chemical

Comment

• North Korea just conducted its scariest missile test yet

Comment

• Comment

• Trump shared classified info with the Russians in the Oval Office Thursday, everything is fine.

Comment

• he can't help but brag.. He reminds me of someone I know in my wife's family who constantly has to show you his new watch, new suit, new car, new whatever.. Constantly has to show you where he's been lately... It's as if he is trying to convince you he's important and special. Look at what I know.

Trump's position should be enough. But he can't help but try to prove he knows more than someone else... so he brags.

If this is all true, I'm hoping much of the concern is an over reaction.... the intelligence communities distain for Trump leading to a lot of running to the newspapers type thing... hoping it is nothing more than giving Russia Intel unwisely.
                          Last edited by entropy; May 15, 2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• wingsfan... I assume you're trying to crack a joke and not suggest since American's can't find N. Korea it doesn't matter.
                            Last edited by entropy; May 15, 2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...b69_story.html

Trump shared classified info with the Russians in the Oval Office Thursday, everything is fine.
                              LOL...Amateur hour. And all because he wanted to 'impress' Lavrov.

That said, Trump has people high up in his admin happy to humiliate him in the press. Big balls on McMaster to actually go on the record in the story (and maybe he's the leaker, who knows?).

Comment

• wingsfan... I assume you're trying to crack a joke

Not trying to crack a joke at all, I think that small sample size is way off. Anybody really think 36% can find North Korea on a map? Not me, keep shooting any thing that moves on Trump is yea - really boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X