No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illitch was one of the last owners that saw the professional team has part of the community. He also did a lot to help rebuild Detroit.

One of the classiest moves I thought was when the Big 3 were coming out of the bailout and could not afford the advertising in Comerica Park. He let them stay there free of charge for the entire season. Class move.

Really a shame that the Tigers could not win a championship for the man that was a Tigers minor league SS.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Don't think I knew that about the Big 3 thing. Very cool.

Comment

• Better not let Trump see this quote, it will send him into a twitter rage

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.a6e14fe28dc8

Lawyer James Zimmerman, former head of the American Chamber of Commerce in China, said Trump never should have raised the one-China policy in the first place, and had now backed down, probably because he realized it was a “complicated, thorny issue that is simply not open for discussion.”

“There is certainly a way of negotiating with the Chinese, but threats concerning fundamental, core interests are counterproductive from the get-go,” he said. “The end result is that Trump just confirmed to the world that he is a paper tiger, a zhilaohu — someone that seems threatening but is wholly ineffectual and unable to stomach a challenge.”

Comment

• Getting the sense that Flynn could be on the outs soon (thank God!). One of his top aides was denied security clearance by the CIA and therefore he cannot continue working at the NSC. Add this to other reports in the past 48 hours about Flynn probably lying to Pence about talking sanctions with Russia...

Comment

• Perusing the takes on the 9th CC's Appellate decision on Friday re the Immigration EO, I found only one on line source that reported what this meant within the opening sentences of the piece ........ The Christian Science Monitor. Here's the story:

Thursday's ruling ordered that a temporary restraining order should remain in effect while the courts examine the merits of the challenge. And those merits, even critics point out, may yet be decided very differently.

I've got no strong religious beliefs but I have found this to be an unbiased source and this piece reaffirms that.

What is remarkable to me is the scope of inaccurate reporting. If it weren't for the detailed discussion we've had here, I would not have understood the complexity of the law in this case. It is pretty important to have some grasp of it if one is to understand the EO, it's impact and make an informed decision on where one stands on it. Millions have no clue and the press in general does a disservice to that objective showing their bias in the process.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Comment

• Jeff were you referring to the Christian Science Monitor? The name is misleading. It's a great source for news, is unspun, and follows the type of non-profit model I've often said is better than the norm. Here's a link to explain: http://www.niemanlab.org/encyclo/chr...ience-monitor/

Comment

• Trump promised no vacations and blasted Obama for playing golf while the country is "a disaster"

He says the country is exposed to tremendous danger without his travel ban

This is his 2nd weekend in 3 weeks on the job he's spending in Palm Beach to play golf

Comment

• Jeff said:
                    What is remarkable to me is the scope of inaccurate reporting. If it weren't for the detailed discussion we've had here, I would not have understood the complexity of the law in this case. It is pretty important to have some grasp of it if one is to understand the EO, it's impact and make an informed decision on where one stands on it. Millions have no clue and the press in general does a disservice to that objective showing their bias in the process.
                    Exactly.

Comment

• The bias towards over sensationalizarion?
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                        Jeff said:

Exactly.
                        Lolololol

Comment

• Awkward tweets from the past...

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/278956599786213376[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/736672123012427776[/ame]

Comment

• Probably too much to hope for for the Secret Service to change Trump's code name Paper Tiger.

Comment

• Trump showing off that alpha male dominance

[ame]https://twitter.com/vicenews/status/830514149742563334[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                Jeff were you referring to the Christian Science Monitor? The name is misleading. It's a great source for news, is unspun, and follows the type of non-profit model I've often said is better than the norm. Here's a link to explain: http://www.niemanlab.org/encyclo/chr...ience-monitor/
                                Yes ....... and I was going to ask your opinion of the CSM and you answered it.

There are two on-line resources I'm checking on the regular for news: The BBC Web site and CSM web site.

There's some good editorial writers out there writing for The Atlantic, National Review, among others. As long as you go in knowing where these guys normally lean, its good journalism.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X