No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, he did that.. I thought he also discussed the immigrants. Did I pull a Geezer?
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• This really is a second chance for McCain. But he's got to actually do something to put a stop to this shit.

Comment

• Machete-wielding man shouting ?Allahu akbar? stopped by soldier, police say

A machete-wielding man shouting "Allahu akbar" three times attacked four French soldiers Friday inside a shopping mall beneath the Louvre Museum in Paris -- in a suspected act of terror -- before one soldier shot him, investigators said.

Inspector Closseau, on the case in Paris.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            This really is a second chance for McCain. But he's got to actually do something to put a stop to this shit.
            If you mean by second chance for McCain to return to the maverick reputation.. yes. If you mean to be a national player, no... that ship sailed.

Comment

• Missouri joined the ranks of those taxing online sales this week. Bah. We held out longer than most though, and its only 4%, so we cannot complain too much.

Comment

• I mean both. You are probably right that the ship has sailed in terms of him rising formally to a more powerful position in the country, but he is a guy who spent most of his career as an actual honest-to-goodness public servant, as opposed to a guy that makes the right noises but really is there for his own good. He wanted to badly to have a legacy. There's no sign that other Republicans are going to stand up for the rule of law. He's the one.

Comment

I mean both. You are probably right that the ship has sailed in terms of him rising formally to a more powerful position in the country, but he is a guy who spent most of his career as an actual honest-to-goodness public servant, as opposed to a guy that makes the right noises but really is there for his own good. He wanted to badly to have a legacy. There's no sign that other Republicans are going to stand up for the rule of law. He's the one.

and he'll be loved by Dem's until he's not..

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                    Machete-wielding man shouting ?Allahu akbar? stopped by soldier, police say

A machete-wielding man shouting "Allahu akbar" three times attacked four French soldiers Friday inside a shopping mall beneath the Louvre Museum in Paris -- in a suspected act of terror -- before one soldier shot him, investigators said.

Inspector Closseau, on the case in Paris.
                    sounds terrifying.

Comment

• It's been noted that Trump felt the Louvre attacker (who killed no one) was worth pointing out but he hasn't said a peep about the 6 Muslims killed in Quebec by an Alt Right "troubled young man"

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                        and he'll be loved by Dem's until he's not..
                        I think he lost that love after bringing Palin to the table. He kinda lost the plot on himself a bit for a while. Again, I don't know what exactly he can do formally, but I do know that, informally, many people care about the continued rule of law and boxing in government executives who try to ignore it. He can lead that group.

Comment

• And in other news:

Japan commits to spending some of their foreign-exchange surplus to finance infrastructure in the US, including internet security. Makes sense for a country with rates below zero. Projected 700,000 jobs.

Trump to do away with Dodd-Frank basically in total. Now working folks who HAVE a job, an income, and a good credit rating can finally get a loan.

The Obamacare taxes brings into the US government roughly $ 300-500 billion yearly. Roberts called it a tax, and it surely seems to be. Now the Rs are "concerned" that repeal will blow a hole in the budget. They should have cut taxes straight away rather than fool around with something as complicated as health care.

The deductions on the chopping block include the one for state and local taxes.

Other than that, it's a normal Washington DC Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            It's been noted that Trump felt the Louvre attacker (who killed no one) was worth pointing out but he hasn't said a peep about the 6 Muslims killed in Quebec by an Alt Right "troubled young man"

the right wing wackos said the exact opposite about BO..

Yes, the parties are so different..

Comment

I think he lost that love after bringing Palin to the table. He kinda lost the plot on himself a bit for a while. Again, I don't know what exactly he can do formally, but I do know that, informally, many people care about the continued rule of law and boxing in government executives who try to ignore it. He can lead that group.

If he's a thorn in Trumps side, he will be loved. That's the way the party system works

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                                the right wing wackos said the exact opposite about BO..

Yes, the parties are so different..
                                Or is it because they had their brains pumped full of patently false bullshit about Obama for eight years and ate it up rather than checking for themselves. I don't think it's accurate or insightful to blame so many things on the presence of two mirror-image parties. That stuff only goes so far, and the attempts at equivalence ring false very often. A tiger and a tabby are both cats, but they are not the same thing.

McCain's another good example. He wasn't a thorn in anybody's side in 2000. He was as politician with a message that seemed unique enough that Rolling Stone, of all media, sent one of the most talented writers of that era to write 20,000 words on how McCain might just be the real and true public servant we needed at that time. 5000 is impressively long for a typical feature in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X