Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zimmerman is a retarded gay moron.
    That may be true, but he wasn't guilty of murder.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• GZ killed as many people as Ted Kennedy.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• so far
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Hiya Wiz

Good to see you again.

I'd like to see your opinion on the Clowney hit in the new thread.

Take a look and let me know what you think, when you get a chance.

Comment

• I think the new rules are going to force us to call pretty much anything resembling a vicious hit as a PF liney...but my take is call it as they want us to...and let the video replay take care of the ejection part of the rule. As far as Clowney's hit...I don't think that was any kind of targeting whatsoever...it was vicious as hell but so what? But by the new standards we will probably call that a PF. Football is being pussified at all levels because of pending litigation at all levels. Sad but true.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• When you exhibit such moxie, you should be allowed to go free.

Watch: Inmate escapes jail through open window

A manhunt is still underway for an Arkansas inmate who escaped from the Garland County detention center's booking area. Derrick Estell was in jail for 26 charges including aggravated robbery and theft.
              [youtube]NHYd-YV0xhM[/youtube]
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 30, 2013, 04:22 PM.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• That. Is. Awesome.

Comment

• ESPN.com

NFL referees might put the brakes on Chip Kelly's high-octane offense with the Philadelphia Eagles this season.

Whether Kelly's fast-paced attack would work as well at the professional level as it did in college was one of the most intriguing questions heading into this season. However, NFL rules likely will force Kelly to make adjustments.

Chip Kelly's offense, which likely will be directed by either Nick Foles, left, or Michael Vick, might not be allowed to be as fast-paced as his Oregon attacks.

"We have to make sure teams understand that they don't control the tempo, our officials do," NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino told The Wall Street Journal. "We're going through our normal ball mechanics, we aren't going to rush [unless] it's in the two minute drill."

Under Kelly, Oregon ran 1,077 plays in just 13 games last season (82.8 per game), according to ESPN Stats & Information. Amazingly, that would have ranked seventh (just two total plays behind the Eagles' 1,079) in the NFL's 16-game schedule last season. The New England Patriots led the NFL with 1,191 plays last season (74.4 per game).

Kelly wants to run a play every 12 seconds, so he gets the Eagles ready for it in practice, even having assistants calling in plays via elaborate hand signals from the sidelines. The Eagles run a ton of plays, move around quickly and don't spend much time waiting, doing nothing.

Blandino told the newspaper that he has told each team's coaching staff, however, that teams will not be able to snap the ball until a referee gives the signal. He said the NFL's competition committee made it a point to "re-emphasize" that NFL rules differ from college after several NFL teams used up-tempo attacks last season.

Blandino told the newspaper that when he met with Kelly, the coach didn't display any "overconcern" when told about the differences between NFL and college rules.

NFL rules also state that a defense must be allowed to make substitutions if the offense substitutes its own players, no matter how quickly the offense makes its changes. Blandino told The Journal that the referee will stand over the ball to ensure that it is not snapped before the defense is set.

Post Extras:
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Its the same for us in HS ball as well. We don't go any faster for a no huddle team, than we do for a team that huddles. Its especially difficult for us because we only have a 5 man crew for Varsity, and most times we only have 4 on sub-varsity. So, as much as coaches want "up tempo", they aren't going anywhere until we're ready.

We've told coaches in clinics, that if they don't like that, they can give us a 7 man crew, with ball-boys just like they do in the NCAA and NFL. That means more money, .. and that usually ends that discussion.

Comment

• George Zimmerman, stopped for speeding in Dallas, was armed, didn't try to shoot his way out of a ticket with the Cops, was a good day.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...s-report-says/

[youtube]S_wnXxGWbN4[/youtube]
                      Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 31, 2013, 06:51 PM.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• White Cop = Safe Cop

Comment

• Some amusing articles about the ratings decline over at the "Worldwide Leader"

Comment

• Anyone else having trouble logging in at mgoblog? When I do, I get "Welcome to NGINX" and a blank page.

Comment

• me too

Comment

• Saboteurs....

Comment

Working...
                                X