Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Irvin + Walton + the progression of others is a win, unless there is more attrition than just Burke. Right now I don't see any of Hardaway, GR3 or McGary being quite ready to make the leap to the NBA.

Comment

• McGary can if he wants to. At that size and with those measurables and per-minute production, and especially in a weak draft year, you don't have to show more than some flashes. He'll be a first-round lock by the end of the year.

Robinson in particular would benefit from staying and adding to his game. Either a dribble drive or something Rip Hamilton-esque off the ball.

Comment

• Yeah, he's got a pretty good shot, runs the floor very well, and he can get up but he hasn't shown if he can take people off the dribble. He hardly ever attempts to do so.

I know he's playing the 4 for U of M but he'll be a SG or SF at the next level and they are going to want to see that aspect.

If I had to guess, Trey is 99% going. THJr. might go if he has a hot tourney. I don't think he'll ever be a lottery pick so if he starts seeing himself being projected in the 20's, he might just strike while the iron is hot.

GR III and Mitch are probably 70/30 in staying vs. going.

With the emergence of LeVert, Michigan will still probably have a tourney-quality team even if all 4 of the above players left.

F Irvin/LeVert
        PF Donnal/Beilfeldt (I found out the team calls him Moose so I may retire "The Beef")
        C Morgan/Horford
        SG Stauskas/LeVert
        PG Walton/Spike

That's still a team that could win a game or two in the NCAA's.

Comment

• Once scouts take a closer look at GR3 I think he's going to fall down the draft boards.

Comment

• There are some where he's in the 10-15 range and some where he's not on the draft board at all. Certainly a wide range.

His demeanor suggests nothing that would make me think that he's thinking of being a 1 and done but we've been surprised before.

Comment

• I'd love for Burke, McGary, Robinson and Stauskas to all be one and dones. If they were that would be following a very deep run into the tourney.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I don't take much solace in deep runs ... no one remembers in the end.

We need to win it all, otherwise I want as many pieces back as possible.

Comment

• IMO a Final Four counts as a victory.

Comment

• come on man ---- got raise your standards.

Comment

• Goals: Beat Sparty/Ohio, Conference championships, Sweet Sixteens, Final Fours and National Titles.

Comment

• Throw IU in that mix of those to beat.

Comment

• A lil walton fluff to munch on.

Comment

• GR III should stay another year, and hopefully improve his game as much as TH jr has improved this past year. I heard an interview where Bielien said that TH worked hard over the summer on drills that are available at the new facilities. GR III should do the same. I agree with whoever said that he needs to improve his handle and develop a mid-range jump shot. BTW is he still growing?

Burke made himself a ton of money coming back and being in the discussion for POY.
                            I think TH can take a lesson from that.

I also think it should be noted that the turnaround in UM recruiting coincided with the dramatic improvement in the basketball facilities. Same thing happened at State when they moved to Breslin. Facilities matter. And the home court at IU has to be the biggest home-court-advantage in the B1G. Man, what a pre game. No way IU loses on that court unless they get ambushed by a decent team. They won't lose a "big game" at that venue.

Comment

• But yet, Wisconsin goes in there and beats them regularly, as though they were playing another home game.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ambush by a decent team

Comment

Working...
                                X