Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see less 'star' potential in him than say GRIII whose I don't think is top 50 (yet), I don't know all who are in front of him but he could end up being much higher than 75. I could've said the exact same thing about THJr a couple years ago too though THJr really developed his skills during and after his senior season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      I see less 'star' potential in him than say GRIII whose I don't think is top 50 (yet), I don't know all who are in front of him but he could end up being much higher than 75. I could've said the exact same thing about THJr a couple years ago too though THJr really developed his skills during and after his senior season.

GRIII is already top 50 and will probably move up further. Irvin to me is much more advanced all around than Hardaway even as a senior.
      Hes only a junior so the athleticism is sure to follow....and hes already a good athlete.

Comment

• According to Rivals, Zak Irvin committed today to Michigan. It came down to Butler and Michigan, and Irvin chose Michigan due to academics and his relationship to the Michigan coaching staff.

Irvin also had offers from Indiana, Purdue, and Tennessee among others.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Probably not as close as you are to basketball recruiting; to be top 50 you need to be pretty close to top 10 at your position. Zak Irvin might sneak into the top 50 but unsure he'll be top 10 at his position. Regardless of where he's ranked, he's a very good talent and addition to M's recruiting class that even if he doesn't blossom as hoped in HS, JB can surely get the best out of him at M. I just see a smaller ceiling for him than say GRIII who is a potential NBA athlete. But like I said, I probably thought the same about Hardaway Jr a couple years ago.

Comment

• John Beilein discovered Zak Irvin over a year ago while watching his high school teammate, Gary Harris, in practice. Ever since, the 6-foot-6 wing forward has been one of the top 2013 prospects on Michigan’s recruiting board. Irvin picked up plenty of early offers but stayed true to the process, waiting patiently and opting not […]

Here's some film on him. Waaaaaaayyyyy more advanced in an overall game sense than THJr. These are sophomore highlights, keep in mind.

Comment

• As they say in the midwest, this is "tits"!

Comment

• For the 2nd day in a row, Michigan landed a Top 100 player from the class of 2013.

PG Derrick Walton is your newest future Wolverine!

There are also rumors that Michigan is back in the picture for Mitch McGary for the '12 class.

Things are seriously looking up!

Comment

• Not to diminish JB's recruiting touch, but I wonder how much impact the new practice facility and arena upgrades are contributing to kids thinking more about M basketball.

Comment

• Quite a bit. But I think JB and especially Bacari and Lavell, even moreso help the recruiting.

Comment

• Don't forget Meyer too.

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

• Not that his assistants were terrible before but things have really jumped up a notch since Coach Beilein put together this team.

Comment

• Another impressive video from Nik Stauskas

[YOUTUBE]GedIIvI6_PM&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Apparently, Michigan has offered a scholarship to 2012 recruit Marshall Wood. Also, he's still only 16 and may be a below the radar player. Most services list him at 6'7" or 6'8" and he seems pretty athletic.

Wood Highlights:

[YOUTUBE]48CFxIOvp_Q[/YOUTUBE]

I don't subscribe to Rivals so I don't have much more info than that and that supposedly, he and Mitch McGary will take official visits sometime relatively soon, like maybe the weekend of the ND game?

Also, I don't think I'd seen this before but GR III is now all the way up to #46 in Rivals' rankings.

Comment

Working...
                              X