Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    Nothing long term for Tobias Harris please!
    Got it. Max deal for Tobias Harris.

- Detroit Pistons management

Comment

• I think Harris has some potential suitors from other teams so we might avoid that.

I predict they sign Hartenstein to a big deal and trade Stewart to the Pelicans.

Comment

• Yes, yes, I know. I shouldn't be so cynical about the new front office.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          Yes, yes, I know. I shouldn't be so cynical about the new front office.
          Until they prove otherwise, they're just as bad as the Tigers' management.
          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

Until they prove otherwise, they're just as bad as the Tigers' management.
            Well the bar is low that is for sure

Comment

• I mean, it is the same idiot signing the checks, but Gores seems like the sort of idiot that would be fine when he lucks into the right people to run the organization. He doesn't seem to be terribly worried about spending money.

Whereas Chris Illitch's miserly approach to everything would handcuff even the best management he could hire.

Comment

• Yeah Gores biggest problem is he gives whoever he hires enough role to hang himself twice.

Comment

• Paul George to the 76ers.
                  East looks mighty…
                  - Celtics being the favorite with their roster intact.
                  - Knicks and the Bridges addition while getting healthy.
                  - 76ers and their new trio.
                  - Magic ascending with a smart KCP addition.
                  - Bucks with Giannis back and if their belief of Dame being better due to having an offseason to get his body right.
                  - Pacers hanging around.
                  - Cavs too? But will Garland be traded… 🤔

Of course injury luck could provide many of these teams a shot of making the Finals. Should be a fun playoffs.

I saw something about OKC meeting with Hartenstein. That would be an awesome addition considering how they struggled with Lively and Gafford in the Dallas matchup. Though a Duren + Hartenstein rotation at the 5 would be nice for us…
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Hartenstein 3 years 89 million to the Thunder.

Can they at least get Luke Kennard back?

Comment

• This will have to do. I guess

Comment

• Getting enthused about this off-season. Feel the excitement.

Comment

• I guess that’s fine. Glad it’s not 3 or 4 years. 😅
                          So basically it’s similar to when the Pistons had Jeremi Grant around. Though Grant probably perceived as a better player and asset back then. Pistons adding a veteran that can hopefully help the young guys develop. Bring some professionalism into the locker room. A wing/ forward that can bring some production off the ball.

Instead of thinking the Pistons can win 15 to 20 games, maybe they’re in the 20 to 25 wins range. Woohoo! Some progress!
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Last year's team should have won at least 20 games. If Bickerstaff is an upgrade and Fontecchio (and Cade) is healthy all season they should be 25-30 wins. But we always have to figure in what the record is in the last third of the season. In other words, when do we start seeing DNP-Tank in the box scores.

Comment

• Would probably guess 23-59 with this Pistons team. WAY OFF last year with a hilarious 32-50 expectation.

Pistons still have a ton of cap space. Maybe they could…
                              - Take on another bad contract for future picks. Lakers?
                              - Move around pieces with a Beef Stu trade?
                              - Upgrade the 5 depth behind Duren. Maybe the Blazers would be willing to move off DeAndre Ayton or Robert Williams due to drafting Donovan Clingan?

Of course the Fontecchio contract will be added. Expecting the Pistons to make one more notable move. Just spitballing ideas.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I kind of feel taking on bad contracts for future picks is more wishcasting at this point. We just haven't seen much of it and a lot of the big deals are done I could be wrong but the second apron stuff has put the chill in a lot of teams to do three way trades that might benefit Detroit.

But the Pistons can still use their cap space on guys like Gary Trent Jr or Gary Harris.
                                Last edited by froot loops; July 1, 2024, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X