No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that much was going to be true no matter who the Pistons picked.

Comment

• Let's make things clear,.Holland is not a bigger Ivey. Ivey is a #2 and he can't play defense. Ausar and Holland are the Spiderman meme. I'm not sure how that is going to work. But they will be better defensively with Holland.

The shooting is going to have to come from free agency or trades. If they keep Thompson and Holland, I would expect a lot more use of the Motor City Cruise for development. That is something Weaver refused to use.

Comment

• Knecht has to go to the Lakers.

Comment

• Yeah, I don't get it honestly.

In a league where defense is an afterthought and shooting is king, I would have figured arguably the best pure shooter in the draft would go higher, even if his defense is suspect.

But maybe this is a sign that teams are trying to be more aggressive finding defense rather than look for shooters.

Comment

• A guy like Knecht is only feasible on a team that can hide him on defense. The Lakers can hide him. On most teams he is going to get hunted.

There was some buzz about the Pistons drafting him but the defense was an issue, the logic was the shooting that Knecht could provide was available in free agency, but he would have to show something on defense that he hasn't shown. I'm not sure on that but that was the logic. He would have a similar issue that Sasser has.

The league is trending towards defense after the secret rule changes lost All Star break.

Comment

• Well, I mean the Pistons could have "hid" him in the sense that no one on that team played defense, so it's not like he was going to be someone they picked on specifically.

And the shooting in Free Agency is fine... if the Pistons were to actually be able to lure any of those shooters on board, which... has not gone well.

Comment

• I was hoping for Clingan at that pick, but I’m okay with Holland. He’s 18 years old, so this is a big swing on upside. But in a draft that lacks overall elite prospects, you focus on guys with elite traits. Holland possesses elite athleticism, elite hustle, and has the potential to become an elite defender. Langdon has already lauded his work ethic and character, which coupled with one of best shooting coaches in the league in Fred Vinson, gives me hope that he can develop into a well rounded wing.

Comment

• When the Pistons brought in Sasser, it was notable how fast teams hunted him. Knecht would have had the same thing happen to him. Nobody will hunt Holland or Thompson.

On the Lakers they have AD to protect the rim and Knecht is not going to be playing a lot.

As far as free agency and the Pistons, it's not going.to be big ticket players, but they should be able to find a couple shooters. There is just not a lot of teams with money. If you are smart in a way Troy Weaver was not, you should be able to find some decent shooting bets as place holders whether it it is in free agency or salary dumps.

Langdon has a lot of work to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post
                    I was hoping for Clingan at that pick, but I’m okay with Holland. He’s 18 years old, so this is a big swing on upside. But in a draft that lacks overall elite prospects, you focus on guys with elite traits. Holland possesses elite athleticism, elite hustle, and has the potential to become an elite defender. Langdon has already lauded his work ethic and character, which coupled with one of best shooting coaches in the league in Fred Vinson, gives me hope that he can develop into a well rounded wing.
                    Agree with this. I thought it was going to be Clingan, that would have helped them defensively as a rim protector that they have not had. But it also would have necessitated trading Duren. It was kind of the issue with this draft in general. Any of the players they take are redundant to some of the players they already have. But his defense would be an upgrade defensively over Duren.

Comment

• Langdon has a lot of Weaver damage to clean up.

Comment

• Comment

• Well 23% from 3 on a 2-32 team....That has 2024 Pistons DNA written all over it!

Comment

• Comment

• Anybody know what happened to the Pistons forum?
                              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Pistons get a VERY raw shooter in the second round. At least the team is acknowledging it's a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X