Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BJK View Post

Last edited by BJK; June 26, 2024, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• Sounds like most think the Pistons will grab Buzelis in the draft today. If Reed Sheppard is gone (supposed to be) ... I'd prob go Clingan or Ron Holland ... but maybe Buzelis can work. If his shot is for real
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Buzelis sounds like Austin Day part 2....but it is a difficult draft to get a feel for any of them....Each top prospect seems to have a good strength but also a critical weakness that would have to be fixed to become a decent NBA player.

Comment

• I don't see the correlation. If Buzelis could shoot like Daye, he might be the #1 pick.

Comment

• Yes Langdon ... YES! That's the right pick ... hopefully it's to keep

Comment

• Oh goodie. Another "natural athlete" that needs "to work on his shooting."

Stop me if you've heard this one before.

Comment

• That's the whole draft, none of these guys can shoot. Fred Vinson has his work cut out for him.

Comment

• There are players that need to refine their shot, and then there's "one dimensional slasher that shot 24% from 3 last season."

Guess which one Holland is. I'll give you a hint; it's the latter.

Comment

• *sigh* I dunno, maybe I'm just far too cynical seeing pretty much every Detroit team other than the Lions stinking to high heaven.

Comment

• He has the most upside at that spot unless they went Clingan. The right pick. Trade Ivey

Comment

• Refined is doing a lot of work in that criticism.

Comment

• Kinda surprised Knecht is falling. He had the sort of shot that the Pistons desperately need. Hell, that damn near half the league needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            Refined is doing a lot of work in that criticism.
                            Not really, because I'm describing two different types of player.

The first is a guy that might be shooting in the mid 30's from three; he has the range, he can hit the shots, just needs to work on the consistency and muscle memory.

Then there is Holland, who by all metrics has always stunk from range, continues to stink from range, and shows little sign that he'll ever be much better than that. Yes, I know he's 18. Yes, I know players theoretically should get better at shooting as they mature, but this guy quite literally needs to improve by about 10-12% just to meet the bare minimum. That's... a lot to ask.

He's a taller Ivey. Which if you've decided to part ways with Ivey is fine, I guess... but now you're just spinning your wheels using draft picks to fill holes you've willfully created.

Yay?
                            Last edited by chemiclord; June 26, 2024, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Most of these wings are not hitting mid 30s. He isn't a bigger Ivey, Ivey isn't a wing. He's more like Thompson. Nobody in this draft who can play defense can shoot. It's a bad draft

Comment

• I do think a few of these young guys they have will get traded.

Comment

Working...
                                X