Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Good. You can't win 14 games and stay.
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I'm not really into "fire the coach" in the NBA but Williams put in the worst coaching job I have ever seen for a Piston coach. That is saying something since the Pistons have had a lot of dodgy coaches.

It felt like they were going to ride it out for at least one more season of him and I was bargaining with myself to find some optimism. That he coached like he was under orders from management to tank for the 23-24 season was the only thing I could come up with.

Comment

• The Pistons gave Monty exactly what he wanted when this whole fiasco started; a lot of money and time off.

Good for him, I guess...
            Last edited by chemiclord; June 19, 2024, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Monty didn't even want to be in Detroit, so he gets his $65 million to go away.

Good.
              "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
              My friend Ken L

Comment

• I'm going to miss the famous Williams tactic of deploying the all bench lineup, that lineup getting pummelled and in the press conference he would say he needs to stagger the starters so he doesn't deploy the all bench lineup. But the next game, you would see that all bench lineup.

I know the cynical fan can accuse Williams of not wanting the job and coaching like he wanted to be fired. That is some kind of plot you would see in Hollywood, like Brewster's Millions, Major League or the Producers. But in this case it may have been the truth.

Comment

• I’m curious who Langdon’s choice for HC will be. I mentioned James Borrego in here a few weeks ago when the Langdon news broke. Some in the media are connecting the dots there as well, but it seems like he may be ticketed for Cleveland.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    I'm going to miss the famous Williams tactic of deploying the all bench lineup, that lineup getting pummelled and in the press conference he would say he needs to stagger the starters so he doesn't deploy the all bench lineup. But the next game, you would see that all bench lineup.

I know the cynical fan can accuse Williams of not wanting the job and coaching like he wanted to be fired. That is some kind of plot you would see in Hollywood, like Brewster's Millions, Major League or the Producers. But in this case it may have been the truth.
                    I dunno if I'd say Williams wanted to be fired, and more that he didn't really care if he was. If the Pistons had decided to bring him back, no one would have needed to drag him into the LCA.

Comment

• It was just so weird, he did things no standard NBA coach ever did. Playing 11 player rotations with a team that maybe should only have a 7 man rotation.

Comment

• I hear Danny Hurley is interested
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The power of apathy can be staggering to behold.

Comment

• I think Langdon will probably look to Borrega ... but I'd go Chris Quinn from Miami
                            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                              I think Langdon will probably look to Borrega ... but I'd go Chris Quinn from Miami
                              Quinn is interesting to me. Former NBA player and current lead assistant to one of the top coaches in the league. Is known to have played a major role in the Heat’s player development.

Comment

• Four candidates so far:

Detroit Pistons plan to interview for head coach Mavs' Sean Sweeney, Wolves' Micah Nori, Pelicans' James Borrego and ex-Cavs coach J.B. Bickerstaff.

Comment

Working...
                                X