No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I have less problem with the draft picks specifically, though I was am lukewarm about the Thompson pick because I still do not see how he fits at all. I would have probably taken someone with a better shot like Gradey Dick, even though the draftniks would have been howling about what a reach it was (I think he went in the early teens, iirc).

Cade, Ivey, and Duren should have been the core pieces, although if you're going to do that, you need forwards that can stretch the court and shoot. Duren is fine at center, and maybe one of Weaver's big man reclamation projects as a backup/bridge starter as Duren matures. Instead, we have... whatever the fuck this mess is supposed to be, lousy with slashers and big men that clog up the paint.

Comment

• Thompson shooting last season was pretty disappointing. His shooting wasn't great in Overtime Elite but there were signs it could improve. He shot 18 percent at three last year. Not sure it will work with him, but his defense and rebounding and explosiveness at the rim are superb. Unfortunately his best position may be the position that Duren occupies. In the dunker spot, running pnr with Cade.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        I think I have less problem with the draft picks specifically, though I was am lukewarm about the Thompson pick because I still do not see how he fits at all. I would have probably taken someone with a better shot like Gradey Dick, even though the draftniks would have been howling about what a reach it was (I think he went in the early teens, iirc).

Cade, Ivey, and Duren should have been the core pieces, although if you're going to do that, you need forwards that can stretch the court and shoot. Duren is fine at center, and maybe one of Weaver's big man reclamation projects as a backup/bridge starter as Duren matures. Instead, we have... whatever the fuck this mess is supposed to be, lousy with slashers and big men that clog up the paint.
        I did not want Asur because he struggles to shoot and the Pistons had enough non shooters on the team. The guy I wanted last year was Taylor Hendricks. A guy that showedsome offensive chops with some range at the 4. That being said Asur does a lot of other things well but he should not be a starter right now (same goes with Ivey)
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Amen Thompson only shot 13% from 3......Must run in the family

Comment

• Pistons are gonna name Trajan Langdon as their president of basketball ops. Not a bad choice
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Luckily for him he cant do any worse than Troy Weaver did.

Comment

• Oh man don't say that haha ... last season we might have said that Monty couldn't do any worse than Casey

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                  Pistons are gonna name Trajan Langdon as their president of basketball ops. Not a bad choice
                  Jury is out for me. He apparently has been given full authority to make changes at GM and coach, so it will be interesting to see what happens there.

Comment

• I don't mind Ausar and you can't go back in time ... but if ya could I'd take Dereck Lively at 5 for the Pistons last year ... looks great

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                      I don't mind Ausar and you can't go back in time ... but if ya could I'd take Dereck Lively at 5 for the Pistons last year ... looks great
                      Troy Weaver is simply Matt Millen 2.0, because he can't draft or construct an NBA roster for jack horse manure.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                      My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

Troy Weaver is simply Matt Millen 2.0, because he can't draft or construct an NBA roster for jack horse manure.

Well, here's what I will say; Millen actually appears to have had a pretty keen image about where the league was going. You kinda have to tilt your head sideways a little, and ignore all the coaching hires that he made that ran completely fucking contrary to the talent he acquired, but the roster he was trying to assemble kinda looks more than a bit like modern offenses. He couldn't do it, because he had absolutely no idea how to scout or identify talent that could be developed, but the skeleton of something was there.

With Weaver... I can honestly say I have no fucking idea what the hell this team is even supposed to be.
                        Last edited by chemiclord; May 24, 2024, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Well, here's what I will say; Millen actually appears to have had a pretty keen image about where the league was going. You kinda have to tilt your head sideways a little, and ignore all the coaching hires that he made that ran completely fucking contrary to the talent he acquired, but the roster he was trying to assemble kinda looks more than a bit like modern offenses. He couldn't do it, because he had absolutely no idea how to scout or identify talent that could be developed, but the skeleton of something was there.

With Weaver... I can honestly say I have no fucking idea what the hell this team is even supposed to be.
                          As far as Millen goes, outside of Calvin Johnson and a few players, he simply sucked at putting a team together, along with everything else that he did.

Back to hoops: I'm hoping that with the new President Of Basketball Operations, that Troy Weaver will be given his walking papers.

And the Head Coach can take a hike as well.
                          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• I thought the fan run in alone would have been enough to let Weaver go, especially when you factor in the 4 year record on top of it. Monty Williams was a huge disappointment. He gave the impression that he got paid and didnt care one iota about the team.

Comment

• I think the Pistons forum is screwed up has been for a week that's why I'm posting in this thread recently. This is funny:

Langdon was an elite shooter. Wonder if he himself could help with that haha

Comment

Eh, I see it similar to how you see Millen. If you squint, you can imagine a team of great athletes who developed their shooting skills enough to win games with their athleticism. It is statistical fact that NBA players improve their shooting over their careers and the Pistons had one of the best shot-doctors in the business, Beilein, working with the team.

Weaver vastly over-rated how much and quickly the shots could improve, among other things.

Comment

Working...
                                X