Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Stewart has value as a backup 5. During the season when they actually used in that role it worked, they only two plus defenders on the team that has a lot more problems with defense than offense. But if he has to be traded to get other pieces or if they have to trade him because they can't stop trying to force him as a 4, I'm OK with that.

At this point I would probably trade anyone not named Cade. If they end up with Sarr, then Stew and maybe Duren can go.
    I keep hearing about Sarr. It sounds like he's the pick this year huh?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Not necessarily.

Stew is fine at the four. Not ideal but he is fine. He is the only big Detroit has that can go nout in switch in the perimeter. His trey ball is shit at a good percentage with some volume (about 3.5 attempts per game). Towards the end of the year he started to have a gravity pull on opposing defenders (ie they started to guard him out there).

If the Pistons signed a 2 guard that could really shoot the trey at a high percentage with volume. Resign Tek and add a couple guys off the bench a 2/3, 3/4 and all of a sudden you have a real competitive team.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I'd try to get a bevy of picks from OKC for Cade Cunningham. I don't trust Weaver enough to make a good deal with OKC, but it is a good time to take some draft capital from them, They might think Cunningham puts them over the top in the West (they already are the # 1 seed)

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/h...s-complicated/

Also, Jaden Ivey to San Antonio for some of the 4 picks they have in this draft. SA needs a point guard, and Detroit needs to start over.

Comment

• Stew is not fine at the 4. He's a bad 4 offensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
            I'd try to get a bevy of picks from OKC for Cade Cunningham. I don't trust Weaver enough to make a good deal with OKC, but it is a good time to take some draft capital from them, They might think Cunningham puts them over the top in the West (they already are the # 1 seed)

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/h...s-complicated/

Also, Jaden Ivey to San Antonio for some of the 4 picks they have in this draft. SA needs a point guard, and Detroit needs to start over.
            This draft sucks ... but I don't have much faith in Ivey (as a person yes but not as a player). Keep Cade as long as he'll sign the extension tho
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Trading Cunningham? That's crazy. We see the problem with relying on all these young guys. It makes the problem even more acute if you trade Cade.

Jaden Ivey is not a point guard.

Comment

• I certainly wouldn't trade Cunningham. Having a bunch of picks is cool and all but landing another CC isn't likely to happen with any of them. It's definitely dark times for the Pistons but trading a young emerging All Star for lottery tickets is crazy town especially with Weaver at the helm. Our own lottery pick should be in the top 4 each year until the beatings stop.

Fire Weaver. Make good choices. Start winning.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I mean people have said they need to start over, that would indicate they would have started something and tear it down. This team has a ton of cap space and nobody besides Cunningham is guaranteed to be here two seasons from now

Comment

• Im guessing they probably wouldnt get much in return for Ivey or anyone other than Cade for that matter.

Comment

• People around the league are high on Ivey still. Williams burying him on the bench for the first 3 months perversely preserved his stock. He is so fast and explosive at times, teams would love to have him to see if they could make something of him.

They have a lot of cap space but they need to use it better than trading for washed up players like Joe Harris. Whoever comes in here needs to find veterans that can play. Weaver found Jerami Grant and nothing else after that. They have 60 million to play with, find some players.

Comment

• Once again, the odds... do exactly pretty much what they should.

The Pistons had roughly 50% odds of drafting 5th... and they're drafting 5th. It's not rigged. Them's the breaks, now the Pistons have to deal. Once again, they blew the coin flip. Oh well.

If the franchise can't field even an average team with five years of top 5 picks, the problem isn't the draft lottery.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          Once again, the odds... do exactly pretty much what they should.

The Pistons had roughly 50% odds of drafting 5th... and they're drafting 5th. It's not rigged. Them's the breaks, now the Pistons have to deal. Once again, they blew the coin flip. Oh well.

If the franchise can't field even an average team with five years of top 5 picks, the problem isn't the draft lottery.
                          Don't follow the NBA enough to really give a fuck, but the draft lottery is bullshit.

I know that they have to have a way to try to keep teams from tanking, but the Pistons were clearly the worst team in the league last year and missed out on a generational player.

I suspect they were clearly worse than 5th in suckitude this year as well.

Don't know what the answer is, but the lottery is fucked
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well, listening to the Pistons fandom, this is simultaneously one of the worst drafts ever and the league conspired to make sure they didn't get the best player of this worst ever draft.

Because that makes perfect sense, dontcha know?

But yes, the draft lottery was/is/always will be bullshit. It has nothing to do with combating tanking and everything to do with creating another "event" that can be monetized.

Despite that, if the Pistons can't manage to cobble together even a decent squad picking in the Top 5 for as many years as they have, the fundamental problem isn't a bunch of ping pong balls.
                            Last edited by chemiclord; May 12, 2024, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• They need another athletic tweener guy who can't shoot and supposedly plays good D' but doesn't in the NBA. He'll join the rest of the lot. Oh, maybe an old school Drummond type center..

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                Well, listening to the Pistons fandom, this is simultaneously one of the worst drafts ever and the league conspired to make sure they didn't get the best player of this worst ever draft.

Because that makes perfect sense, dontcha know?

But yes, the draft lottery was/is/always will be bullshit. It has nothing to do with combating tanking and everything to do with creating another "event" that can be monetized.

Despite that, if the Pistons can't manage to cobble together even a decent squad picking in the Top 5 for as many years as they have, the fundamental problem isn't a bunch of ping pong balls.
                                Troy Weaver, and the rest of the management team needs to be given their walking papers yesterday, because what they're doing now not only isn't working, it's an embarrassment to the legacy of the Bad Boys and the Going To Work eras.
                                "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                                My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                                X