No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A blast from the past, former Piston Charlie Villanueva admits that he drank and partied while with the Detroit Pistons.

A terrible Joe Dumars Free Agency signing from over a decade ago, a prime example of the abyss the Franchise is still in since the end of the 2007/2008 season:

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
    My friend Ken L

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
      My friend Ken L

Comment

• Not Pistons related, but it is NBA related:

My friend Ken L

Comment

• It seems to me that it's time for Golden State to consider blowing it up. They couldn't even win the lowest-level play-in game.

Would any of the older players on their roster make sense in Detroit? I assume Curry's gotta retire a Warrior and Draymond is considered toxic. Maybe Wiggins?

I guess Curry's probably the only one who would move the needle.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
            It seems to me that it's time for Golden State to consider blowing it up. They couldn't even win the lowest-level play-in game.

Would any of the older players on their roster make sense in Detroit? I assume Curry's gotta retire a Warrior and Draymond is considered toxic. Maybe Wiggins?

I guess Curry's probably the only one who would move the needle.
            That team is old just like the old Bad Boys were, or even to a smaller extent, the Going To Work team around '08.

They need youth, and players, in no particular order.
            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
              No shit Stan but you had your chance and completely f’ed up the Pistons
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He didn't fuck up the Pistons like Weaver has.

Comment

• Draymond would work short term in Detroit. He's kind of what they need, but you would have to move out some of the non shooters.

Comment

• Draymond would either be the best thing that ever happened to the Pistons or an absolute nightmare. Either way he’s not going to the worst team in the NBA. He wants to win
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Isn't Beef Stew basically a younger version of Draymond?

Comment

• No, part of the problem is they thought he was and tried to forced that role on him. Draymond is much better defensively and operates like a point guard as a #4 or #5. He has a tremendous offensive IQ that makes up for his shaky jumper. Stewart hasn't shown that. Monty kept on using him as a #4 this year and it killed their spacing.

Stewart's ideal position is backup center.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Draymond would either be the best thing that ever happened to the Pistons or an absolute nightmare. Either way he’s not going to the worst team in the NBA. He wants to win
                          At this stage of his career I think it would be a disaster....Draymond worked well in GS because he had elite shooters all around him....The Pistons could use his toughness but I think he would throw a fit and retire if he was dealt to Detroit.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
                            Isn't Beef Stew basically a younger version of Draymond?
                            Oh man, no. Draymond actually has talent
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Stewart's ideal position is backup center.
                              On a different team.

Please
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Stewart has value as a backup 5. During the season when they actually used in that role it worked, they only two plus defenders on the team that has a lot more problems with defense than offense. But if he has to be traded to get other pieces or if they have to trade him because they can't stop trying to force him as a 4, I'm OK with that.

At this point I would probably trade anyone not named Cade. If they end up with Sarr, then Stew and maybe Duren can go.

Comment

Working...
                                X