No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I am Cade Cunningham I tell my agent to get me out of here ASAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      I'd disagree to an extent.

WFC Sr. wanted to win. He would have loved for the Lions to be successful. But he was incompetent and didn't know what a successful operation looked like. He valued loyalty to him over everything, loved you if you told him what he wanted to hear, and thus kept hiring everyone he thought was his friend over anyone who might actually know what the fuck they were doing. If being a winner meant he had to jettison his buddies, hangers-on, and toadies... well... then winning was just gonna have to take a seat.

Gores, I think, defines "winning" in a different way. As long as the valuation of his asset keeps going up, he could care less about the product. That's why he tried so desperately to force the Pistons into the playoffs during the early part of his ownership, because he thought being a playoff team was what increased that value. Then he realized that the Pistons valuation keeps going up no matter what the team looks like. So why would he willingly fire people he's paying a lot of money to if he doesn't have to? The only way he'll "shake things up" in ways that will actually cost him money is if he thinks his asset will actually dip.

And I still maintain that he set this whole franchise up so that whenever he wants to cash out, he could field any offer from anyone without having to look for someone willing to keep them in the Motor City.

The Detroit Pistons are in trouble on so many levels, all the way to even the "Detroit" part.
      Pretty much agree to all of that
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
        My friend Ken L

Comment

• They blew a 21 point lead.

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
              They blew a 21 point lead.
              What happened to Cade in the 2nd half? He had 22 at halftime and barely scored next two quarters.

Comment

• I know it’s super early but man the upcoming draft doesn’t look promising for the Stones. It’s all PGs and SGs. We’re bound to suck for a minute
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

What happened to Cade in the 2nd half? He had 22 at halftime and barely scored next two quarters.
                  He was gassed and they had Jrue Holiday stuck to him. Something that is lost in this bad losing streak is they are riding Cade at an unsustainable rate. He's averaging 35 minutes a game and they are hard minutes. He doesn't get to float while somebody else is doing the work.

Yesterday was their best game of this embarrassing streak and its too bad it came against the best team in the league. They had no answer for Porzingis.

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Nothing left to say except I wish there was a way to fast forward to the end of the season.

Comment

• I'd kind to like to see some development. During that stretch when Duren was out, it looked like 2-80 was in play. But he's been a difference maker since he came back. The problem is with Cade, Duren and sometimes Bogdonavic the difference they are making is taking a team that is gong to lose by thirty every night and dragging them to losing by 5-9

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          I'd disagree to an extent.

WFC Sr. wanted to win. He would have loved for the Lions to be successful. But he was incompetent and didn't know what a successful operation looked like. He valued loyalty to him over everything, loved you if you told him what he wanted to hear, and thus kept hiring everyone he thought was his friend over anyone who might actually know what the fuck they were doing. If being a winner meant he had to jettison his buddies, hangers-on, and toadies... well... then winning was just gonna have to take a seat.

Gores, I think, defines "winning" in a different way. As long as the valuation of his asset keeps going up, he could care less about the product. That's whye tried so desperately to force the Pistons into the playoffs during the early part of his ownership, because he thought being a playoff team was what increased that value. Then he realized that the Pistons valuation keeps going up no matter what the team looks like. So why would he willingly fire people he's paying a lot of money to if he doesn't have to? The only way he'll "shake things up" in ways that will actually cost him money is if he thinks his asset will actually dip.

And I still maintain that he set this whole franchise up so that whenever he wants to cash out, he could field any offer from anyone without having to look for someone willing to keep them in the Motor City.

The Detroit Pistons are in trouble on so many levels, all the way to even the "Detroit" part.
                          Yeah, 10 years ago it seemed very unlikely that the Pistons could move. But after this disastrous Gores ownership, it could be on the table. The move to LCA has been a disaster.

Most of the bad owners in sports there is some pathology in why they are bad. Some are cheap (Sterling, Chris Ilitch) or too loyal (WCF Sr.). Gores breaks the mold, I think he is just clueless and is easily influenced. He throws around money, so he's not cheap. He spent a ton on upgrades to The Palace and vacated it not much longer after that. He spent big on SVG and Williams. I think he's like the guy in fantasy football, who follows it enough that he knows big names but will inevitably draft a team that would have been great 4-5 years ago.

Davidson, really didn't meddle. He hired people and gave them the resources, but he didn't put up with a lot of nonsense. He was always at courtside. He gave everyone enough time to succeed but he didn't let people linger too long.

Comment

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Agree about Gores because clueless when it comes to front office/ GM decisions. That’s been a big issue for the Pistons since Dumars declined after the mid-2000s.

Gores became majority owner in 2011 and the lead decision maker of personnel has been:
                              - Joe Dumars. Declined.
                              - SVG / Jeff Bowers. SVG and roster decisions didn’t work.
                              - Ed Stefanski. He was just a lame duck GM for 2 years.
                              - Troy Weaver. Terrible and Millen-like. Why does Weaver still have a job… 😡

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              I think he's like the guy in fantasy football, who follows it enough that he knows big names but will inevitably draft a team that would have been great 4-5 years ago.
                              I know someone exactly like that!
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                                Agree about Gores because clueless when it comes to front office/ GM decisions. That’s been a big issue for the Pistons since Dumars declined after the mid-2000s.

Gores became majority owner in 2011 and the lead decision maker of personnel has been:
                                - Joe Dumars. Declined.
                                - SVG / Jeff Bowers. SVG and roster decisions didn’t work.
                                - Ed Stefanski. He was just a lame duck GM for 2 years.
                                - Troy Weaver. Terrible and Millen-like. Why does Weaver still have a job… 😡

I know someone exactly like that!
                                The Joey D years weren’t just a decline. When Mr. Davidson died his wife was in full sell mode not allowing Joey D to make moves. It was a complete shit show especially after he signed Ben Gordon and Charlie V to shit contracts
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X