No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your dream Piston scenario this offseason?

Player(s) drafted
    Free agent signing
    Player(s) obtained in trade

Comment

• It sounds like the whispers of Zion to Detroit are real; looks like the current offer being mulled over is the #5, Bogdon, and Stewart for Zion.

Comment

• Omg.

As much of a schlep as Zion can be that would be one of the worst trades ever for them. This kid isn’t JaMarcus Russell is he?
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Zion is 22 years old. Why the hell would they make that trade?
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I guess if you think the dude is a complete toxic asset that must be purged, and if THAT is the offer on the table, then a vast majority of GMs around the league agree.

I'm leaning towards this being DETROIT'S offer, though. Because if New Orleans had offered that, this trade is already done.

Comment

• But now as I actually dig deeper, it looks like the heart of this rumor is from a tweet from ESPN, and it's unclear why or how they came upon this "offer."

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                What is your dream Piston scenario this offseason?

Player(s) drafted
                Free agent signing
                Player(s) obtained in trade
                Player drafted:
                - Cam Whitmore, Villanova, #5
                - Jalen Wilson, Kansas, #31

Free agent signing:
                - Cameron Johnson. My estimate, 4 years, $80M? Tell me if I’m off. Restricted free agent… Pistons would have to find the right price where the Nets wouldn’t match the offer.

Player obtained in trade:
                - Hard to think of a trade target. I can imagine it’s possible someone on the Pistons will be traded. Bogdanovic, Stewart, Hayes…
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• My big reservation with Whitmore is his size and wingspan. While it's true that you can make up for a smaller frame with defensive tenacity, that's something that if you don't flash it early it tends to take a LONG time to fashion.

The Pistons really don't need much more scoring. They need defense, and I don't think Whitmore's it.

Comment

• Actually, I don't think the Pistons can trade any first round pick as we owe Houston one from the Stewart trade years ago. Until we send one back to them we're stuck like Chuck
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• THis is a tough draft....One the Pistons need to get right

Player drafted: Ausar Thompson or Taylor Hendricks

Free agent: I like Cam Johnson, they say its a long shot with NJ going to match almsot any offer

Trade; I like the Dallas trade if it is a possibility...Bojan and 31 for Hardaway Jr and 10
                      Last edited by ghandi; June 18, 2023, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Ausar Thompson, Cam Whitmore, Taylor Hendricks, or Jarace Walker. 🤔
                        Walker or Hendricks being plug and play at the 4 position. Walker a better defender vs Hendricks a better shot maker.
                        I have learned that Amen Thompson is supposedly more of a ball dominant guard/ distributor that can’t shoot. Not what the Pistons need. Perhaps let’s root for the Rockets to draft Amen.

I’m admitting that my draft knowledge is very minimal this year.

Bradley Beal to the Suns. The fun NBA movement begins...
                        The deal ended up being something similar to what I read as a rumor this morning. Though I read Ayton could be included, but it didn’t end up happening. Suns and Heat rumored to be the top 2. Then a report that the Heat would prefer a trade for Dame instead of Beal (duh).​
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The rich get richer...That gives the Suns 4 max contracts....So much for the so called salary cap....The NBA cap has always been a joke anyway.

Comment

The rich get richer...That gives the Suns 4 max contracts....So much for the so called salary cap....The NBA cap has always been a joke anyway.
                            Chris Paul went to Washington in that deal.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Don't have a great feel on the draft but my dream sencario would be this

Draft: I will go with Hendricks. He can handle defending either forward spot has demonstrated he can hit the 3 (.394) with volume (4.6 attempts per game). Athletic. Gives them a lot of options now and in the future. Hard worker. maxed out ceiling is probably Jamison. Above the rim player.

Free Agency: Harrison Barnes. Now the Pistons get another guy that can hit from deep. He is another good defender. Makes good decisions the kind of vet you really want on your team. Pretty effiicent too.

TradeL Well, if you get those two guys then things open a lot more to making a trade for a vet with a big contract.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

The rich get richer...That gives the Suns 4 max contracts....So much for the so called salary cap....The NBA cap has always been a joke anyway.
                                Well it’s been a so called salary cap for awhile. It just depends on whether the owner wants to get raped in luxury tax. And don’t get it twisted that tax is no joke even for a billionaire.

B Beal is a flawed player, I don’t know how much it moves the needle for them. He’s much better than Paul right now but the rest of the squad is going to be paper thin. They’ll have zero depth and in an 80+ game schedule it makes a difference
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X