Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love them nuggets too.

but what part of the chicken is a nugget? Back in my day chickens didn't have no nuggets. Buffaloes didn't have no wings neither.

These shore is strange days.

Bah!
    Screw all you bastards

Comment

• Yeah and boils weren’t hairy

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Good news for the hire and hopefully it ends the Pistons infatuation with DeAndre Ayton.
        Is this from last year? I hope Weaver's dream of having 5 big men on the court doesn't happen <sarc>
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Anyone catch that documentary on the 2001 Sixers? What a mess. LB was certifiable. AI too. Funny hearing them talk about how Brown would stop plays and chew everyone out about what they did wrong. My goodness that has to wear on you.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
            Anyone catch that documentary on the 2001 Sixers? What a mess. LB was certifiable. AI too. Funny hearing them talk about how Brown would stop plays and chew everyone out about what they did wrong. My goodness that has to wear on you.
            Where is that one on? I’d love to see it.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Where is that one on? I’d love to see it.
              TNT I believe

Comment

• Detroit Pistons trade, free agent, and draft rumors, updated constantly by the NBA experts at HoopsRumors.com.

Pistons Notes: Williams, Weaver, No. 5 Pick, Assistants

June 9th, 2023 at 10:35pm CST by Rory Maher

One factor in why Monty Williams ultimately decided to coach the Pistons is because he has “great respect and belief” in general manager Troy Weaver‘s ability to evaluate and recruit talent, James L. Edwards III of The Athletic reports in his latest mailbag.

Edwards was responding to a reader’s question regarding how much input Williams will have on the roster this offseason. In short, Edwards writes that while Williams’ opinion will be taken into account, Weaver will have final say on personnel decisions.

Edwards also hears Amen Thompson and Ausar Thompson — twin brothers who are ranked Nos. 4 and 5 on ESPN’s big board — were spotted in Detroit last week, so it’s safe to assume they were there working out for the Pistons, who don’t publicly disclose who they’re hosting during the pre-draft process. Still, Edwards downplays the significance of their attendance, as the Pistons will certainly be working out several other potential top-10 picks — they currently control the fifth pick.

Here’s more on the Pistons:
                • Within the same mailbag, Edwards says he has been consistently told that owner Tom Gores is willing to be a taxpayer if and when the time comes. Edwards also thinks the Pistons would be open to trading the fifth pick if the right opportunity arises.
                • A couple of legendary former college coaches, Mike Krzyzewski and Jim Boeheim, previously worked with Williams on Team USA. Both spoke glowingly of their former colleague, according to Mike Curtis of The Detroit News (subscriber link). “Monty and I are very special friends,” Krzyzewski told Curtis. “I love him and I think the world of him. He’s an outstanding coach and he’s an outstanding person. His ability to relate to the players was just fantastic. His knowledge of the game — he’s just a good teacher and he’s a team player. He’s very humble, not about him. It’s about what the team is doing, and I think the world of him. He helped me so much during that time.” Krzyzewski is now a special adviser in the NBA’s league office.
                • “Several” Suns assistant coaches, including Mark Bryant, are expected to join Williams’ staff in Detroit, reports Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports. Dan Burke, a longtime assistant with the Pacers who has been with the Sixers the past three seasons, is also expected to join the Pistons, sources tell Fischer.

Comment

• Kinda cool how KCP and Bruce Brown took over down the stretch last night. It was 89-88 Heat, then the former two Pistons scored the remaining 6 points of the game. Including of note… a couple key rebounds and defense plays.

KCP… two time champ and key 4th or 5th best starter of a championship team. Who would think..

As for the Pistons offseason, I’m thinking:
                  - Cam Whitmore at #5. Develop a young and talented wing prospect.
                  - Cam Johnson RFA. Offer a tempting deal given the cap space. Reunite Monty Williams and Cam Johnson.
                  - Max Strus or Gabe Vincent. Sign one of the Heat UFA guards as a backup to Cade/ Ivey. Strus and Vincent had key stretches for the Heat’s miraculous playoff run.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/detroit-pistons
                    Pistons Notes: Williams, Weaver, No. 5 Pick, Assistants

June 9th, 2023 at 10:35pm CST by Rory Maher

One factor in why Monty Williams ultimately decided to coach the Pistons is because he has “great respect and belief” in general manager Troy Weaver‘s ability to evaluate and recruit talent, James L. Edwards III of The Athletic reports in his latest mailbag.

Edwards was responding to a reader’s question regarding how much input Williams will have on the roster this offseason. In short, Edwards writes that while Williams’ opinion will be taken into account, Weaver will have final say on personnel decisions.

Edwards also hears Amen Thompson and Ausar Thompson — twin brothers who are ranked Nos. 4 and 5 on ESPN’s big board — were spotted in Detroit last week, so it’s safe to assume they were there working out for the Pistons, who don’t publicly disclose who they’re hosting during the pre-draft process. Still, Edwards downplays the significance of their attendance, as the Pistons will certainly be working out several other potential top-10 picks — they currently control the fifth pick.

Here’s more on the Pistons:
                    • Within the same mailbag, Edwards says he has been consistently told that owner Tom Gores is willing to be a taxpayer if and when the time comes. Edwards also thinks the Pistons would be open to trading the fifth pick if the right opportunity arises.
                    • A couple of legendary former college coaches, Mike Krzyzewski and Jim Boeheim, previously worked with Williams on Team USA. Both spoke glowingly of their former colleague, according to Mike Curtis of The Detroit News (subscriber link). “Monty and I are very special friends,” Krzyzewski told Curtis. “I love him and I think the world of him. He’s an outstanding coach and he’s an outstanding person. His ability to relate to the players was just fantastic. His knowledge of the game — he’s just a good teacher and he’s a team player. He’s very humble, not about him. It’s about what the team is doing, and I think the world of him. He helped me so much during that time.” Krzyzewski is now a special adviser in the NBA’s league office.
                    • “Several” Suns assistant coaches, including Mark Bryant, are expected to join Williams’ staff in Detroit, reports Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports. Dan Burke, a longtime assistant with the Pacers who has been with the Sixers the past three seasons, is also expected to join the Pistons, sources tell Fischer.
                    Dan Burke (assuming he’s hired) will be a great add. Long time Pacers assistant (starting under Larry Bird) and retained by multiple head coaches after. One of the best defensive coaches in the NBA. Monty has already hired Stephen Silas as his lead assist. While it didn’t work out for Silas as HC in Houston for a variety of reasons, he was a highly regarded assistant leading up to that job, known for acumen on offense. So Monty has essentially hired both his offensive and defensive “coordinators”.

Monty’s introductory press conference is this afternoon​​​​.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      Kinda cool how KCP and Bruce Brown took over down the stretch last night. It was 89-88 Heat, then the former two Pistons scored the remaining 6 points of the game. Including of note… a couple key rebounds and defense plays.

KCP… two time champ and key 4th or 5th best starter of a championship team. Who would think..

As for the Pistons offseason, I’m thinking:
                      - Cam Whitmore at #5. Develop a young and talented wing prospect.
                      - Cam Johnson RFA. Offer a tempting deal given the cap space. Reunite Monty Williams and Cam Johnson.
                      - Max Strus or Gabe Vincent. Sign one of the Heat UFA guards as a backup to Cade/ Ivey. Strus and Vincent had key stretches for the Heat’s miraculous playoff run.
                      One of my biggest concerns about Troy Weaver was how quickly he got rid of Bruce Brown and got nothing for him....Hes not a star by any means, but he plays good defense (something the current team does not do), and he always gives his all.....

Comment

• That was a crazy game last night. Incredible defense on both ends that truly screwed up the offenses.

Comment

• They did give Brown away for nothing. The Pistons problem was they only saw him as a point guard. The Nets immediately started using him as a swiss army knife, sometimes he even played the 5. Ultimately his success has been because he is excellent at cutting to the basket and that works great with Durant and Joker.
                          Last edited by froot loops; June 13, 2023, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Well, that was fun. Denver is pretty fucking good.

Now I don't have to pay attention to the NBA until the playoffs start next year.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Liar, your ass can't wait for the next season. I have got a bead on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                They did give Brown away for nothing. The Pistons problem was they only saw him as a point guard. The Nets immediately started using him as a swiss army knife, sometimes he even played the 5. Ultimately his success has been because he is excellent at cutting to the basket and that works great with Durant and Joker.
                                They may lose Brown this offseason. What about bringing him back with Jerami Grant?

Comment

Working...
                                X