Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    The disease of tanking is if you get off to a slow start the next season, 20 games in you are thinking about tanking for the next draft.
    This year's tank started after game 12, when it was announced Cade was going to be out "for awhile" with the shin problem.....Next thing we know, "for awhile" is the rest of the season and the Pistons are right back where they have been for the past 3-4 years.....Also the team wasnt that good even when Cade played...they were 3-9 in those 12 games.

Comment

• The Pistons lost their star player, it’s not like they had their squad. If Cade plays they’re probably hovering around .500

Of all the years to shoot their shot, this was the one. If they miss on the freak athlete no probs but at least they’re in the running.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I don’t think Cade would have made that much of a difference. ~24 to 26 wins above replacement?
        My low 30s wins prediction maybe in play, but with perfect hindsight…. That seems like a stretch.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• No way are the Pistons 20-25 games better with Cade. I think they were probably being cautious with him, but he was clearly having issues.

As far as OKC, the Pistons could have traded for that transcendent player (SGA) in the Cunningham draft.

I don't care what they do, they need to make this team better. The first year I remember following the Pistons is Isiah Thomas' rookie year. And I can't remember a team being this bad.

Comment

• As far as OKC, the Pistons could have traded for that transcendent player (SGA) in the Cunningham draft.
            I assumed he was talking about KD/Westbrook/Harden days and them trading Harden away to save money.

Comment

• Ok I read that wrong then.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                Well, the issue with OKC was they got absurdly lucky, got the transcendent players they needed... but kept running the team like they were in tank mode.
                Well, we need to cut Weaver and hire someone from their front office. They did get lucky but they have a billion picks in tow over the next few years or so.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Weaver was from their front office, his claim to fame was pushing to draft Westbrook.

Comment

• I think they left him out of some meetings
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I didn't realize Troy Weaver wrote a pathetic open letter to fans.
                      When I made the decision to join the Detroit Pistons franchise in June of 2020, it was with great appreciation and understanding for what this orga...

Comment

• I imagine Troy is quite frustrated too......If they dont win one of the last 4 games this team goes down as equalling the worst record in Pistons history.....Im sure that is not something he is proud of.

Comment

• So far Weaver has only shown the ability to tank. He had cap space last summer and he single handedly helped the Knicks get Jalen Brunson by taking on Burks and Noel.

One of the reasons they are as bad as they are the last 22 games is they keep on running out two center lineups that are absolutely brutal defensively. Go get another center Troy!
                          Last edited by froot loops; April 4, 2023, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Hopefully going to add another center to the mix in Wembanyama in a few months.

Pistons officially clinched the #1 position in the lottery with a loss yesterday. So if we’re screwed, the furthest the Pistons can fall is #5. A lot of wings in that tier 3 of prospects… such as Jarace Walker from Houston.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Duren is their center. Wembanyama fits with pretty much any roster due to his freakishness, but in Detroit they have surplus of big men to handle the physical down low roles and Duren looks so promising at his age. But I'm not getting my hopes up, odds of landing #1 are still not great.

Comment

• I just don't get the point, honestly. First Bagley, now Wiseman. How many big men does Weaver think a team needs nowadays?

Comment

Working...
                                X