Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
    Any great leaps forward this year depended on Cade going up another level or two. Cade going down pretty much killed any hopes of being a play in contender.

Casey is known (much like Coach John b.) As being very tough on young points.

Very young teams just don't win on a consistent basis in the NBA.

Again, he has to provide veteran leaders to help. You fellas may think the process is some great plan, but there is no guarantee the Pistons don't turn into what the Clippers were for 20 years or what Sacto and the T Pups were for 15 years.

Comment

• Gores bought the team in 2011......its basically been a 12 year tanking plan...The last playoff game they won was in 2008 I believe....Thats pretty mind boggling considering 20 of the 30 teams make the playoffs.

Comment

• We’ll see in May with the white balls. Things can change very quickly depending on how Otis Day plays out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
          It is hard to put your finger on it...i can see Forsh' argument all the way....but....for some reason the team doesnt win.....they just dont seem to improve even though on paper it does look like he wins his trades and does pretty well drafting (other than Killian)....Maybe the next move needs to be the coach? I was under the imprYes, Toronto won it allession that Casey was brought in because of his work with the young players on Toronto that improved alot, but maybe they were just good players?
          Yes, and Toronto won it all after they fired Casey. I agree with a lot of what Forch says, but I think we are overrating Cade. He was the highest-rated pick in what looks like a poor draft class. I'd trade him, and any number of draft picks or players to get the # 1 this year because Victor is a transformative pick like Shaq was.

Comment

• He's not close to what Shaq was.

Comment

• Shaq averaged 23 points a game his rookie year on .563 shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                He's not close to what Shaq was.
                How so? I think it’s 100% accurate. Shaq was a pure bull that could move like no one the NBA had ever seen with his size.

Same thing for Wembanyama. This kids game is so fluid and unlike Chet Holmgren he can add size to his frame. He’s going to be a star.

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I suppose Wembanyama could eventually have Shaq's sort of impact on a game (a guy with a physical toolset that no one was able to have a consistent counter for), but he's not going to have the same impact, especially not from Day 1 like Shaq did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Yes, and Toronto won it all after they fired Casey. I agree with a lot of what Forch says, but I think we are overrating Cade. He was the highest-rated pick in what looks like a poor draft class. I'd trade him, and any number of draft picks or players to get the # 1 this year because Victor is a transformative pick like Shaq was.
                    No one is trading a lottery ticket in Wembanyama for anything. Cade has all star talent, him and Wembanyama together is a super team in the upcoming years if we hit.

Im thinking he ends up in Houston
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Losing Cade this year led to this team taking a big step back from where they expected to be this year, but from what I’ve read and heard (from the likes of James Edwards III on his podcast), the plan internally has always been for the 23/24 season to be the big turning of the corner in the “restoration” of this team. Adding another high lottery talent and having the cap space to sign (or trade for?) a premium veteran should help this team take a big step forward. If nothing else, it takes away excuses about a lack of talent. Not sure whether Casey transitions to a FO role at that point or not, but I think this team could benefit from a new voice at coach. A guy like Ime Udoka seems really interesting to me. He did a great job with a young team in his brief time in Boston. The guy obviously left there under pretty weird/ugly circumstances, but that’s now further in the rear view and he’s kept a really low profile since. There’s no doubt he’ll wind up head coaching somewhere again next season. I could see him replacing Pop in SA as well when Pop finally calls it a career, as he was a former assistant there.

Comment

• Troy places a high emphasis on character. I doubt you'll see Udoka in Detroit while Troy is around
                        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I’m ok with tanking if that’s their plan but you’d also like to see steps forward. Ivey looks Uber athletic but really inefficient. Stewart has been better than I thought but Hayes is completely Denny Green.

At least last year Cade was going head to head and earning respect with some stars. There’s just nothing in this team
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            He's not close to what Shaq was.
                            How much have you watched Wembanyama? I'm not saying he is better than Shaq now (because we don't know what the future is), but he will be transformational like LeBron or Shaq or Kobe or Donic.

He will be transformational, unlike Cade Cunningham, or Andre Aynton (another # 1 pick) for that matter.

Sometimes a team has to pick a draftee that it might want to build around and do what it takes to get that person. Cade C is not that kind of player. VW is.

Comment

• Shaq also played 3 years of college ball as well.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

How much have you watched Wembanyama? I'm not saying he is better than Shaq now (because we don't know what the future is), but he will be transformational like LeBron or Shaq or Kobe or Donic.

He will be transformational, unlike Cade Cunningham, or Andre Aynton (another # 1 pick) for that matter.

Sometimes a team has to pick a draftee that it might want to build around and do what it takes to get that person. Cade C is not that kind of player. VW is.
                                People use the words transformational and generational way too fucking much. I've seen a fair amount of Wembemyama. But you don't have to watch that much to see his stats and they don't come close to Shaq. 7 foot 3 sub 50 fg%, sub 30 on threes. As a prospect.he is not in the same.league as Doncic, Durant, Zion, Yao or LeBron. He puts decent stats in the French League, but Doncic was.the best player in Europe at age 18.

But again, three years in and they are still waiting on ping pong balls for hope. That's a sign of not much of a plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X