Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Bogdanovic played great last night, they need to find a team to send him to. This is the year to tank.
    This team is bad. I don't see him being able to elevate them above bottom 3 level. A lot of it is youth related that you hope they mature and play smarter. Doesn't always happen though.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• If you look at the box score of last night, 6 of the top 7 players in minutes had 3 years of less of experience. The only veteran that you can count on is Bogdonavic.

Compare this team to the team of two years ago. This team's long term future is brighter than the team of two years because you have all these younger players with high ceilings but the team of 2020-21 had Grant, Plumlee and Ellington for most of the season with Rose and Griffin for part of the season. That team was better equipped to win games than this team is and it won 20 games total.

Cunningham seems to be off to a slow start but if you are expecting some dominant scorer to emerge you are going to be disappointed. His style is to make everyone better, but if is surrounded by guys as green as him then it's going to look bad.

The NBA is a man's league, he needs to spend time in the weight room to get stronger and in better shape. It sounds like he bulked up. Hopefully, he will get there, but it isn't going to be in his second season.
      Last edited by froot loops; October 26, 2022, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaGeezer View Post
        Cade is not playing like the franchise superstar he is promoted as. Maybe he'll get better, but you can't teach quickness.
        Apparently the team had him gain weight and add muscle, but he sure seems to be alot slower this year...It's almost looking long term like Ivey will be the PG and Cade an off/combo guard....

Comment

• The question is how soon can the Pistons flip Bogdanovic for a future asset… he’s been playing so well. Come on desperate 0-4 Lakers! Give us an unprotected 2027 or 2029 1st for Bogdanovic! 😁 I know your GM is Al Avila-like.

​​​​​…

Perhaps the Pistons will have a shot at Wembanyama after all. I predicted high 20s/ low 30s wins… so far, seems like a 20s win team.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Bogdonavic for Beverly and Nunn work, it would increase the Lakers' projected win total by 10 and decrease the Pistons by 12. I'm not sure that gets one of those draft picks from the Lakers.

Westbrook for Bogdanovic, Burks and Noel works, same projected win totals as that other trade.

There is not many other obvious trades between the two. I'm not sure either proposed trade would pry those picks because it doesn't do enough for the Lakers. The Lakers are desperate not to win the lottery. If Westbrook gets traded it theoretically could happen soon because the receiving team would have to wait 2 months before they could trade him again.

Comment

• But Bogdonavic is what the Lakers need, he would be the perfect tonic for their horrendous shooting.

Comment

• The good news - a lot of teams have started off badly

The bad news - the Pistons are one of them, mainevent's under bet looks golden

Cade played well. They can't play defense.

Comment

• The tank is on. After the first game, I figured they would be competitive. I guess I underestimated how bad Orlando was.

Comment

• Last time the Pistons won a playoff game? 2008....They have lost 13 in a row in the playoffs I believe....I dont think Gores has won a playoff game as an owner...You'd think with 20 of the 30 teams making the playoffs now it wouldn't be very difficult, but somehow the Pistons are still bottom 3-5 in the league.

Comment

• This season will be about patience and letting the young guys take their lumps.

Comment

• Exactly. It’s a gap year. Hope for a top 2 pick. Trust the Process.

Comment

• and quietly the Pistons beat the world champs today......

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                            and quietly the Pistons beat the world champs today......
                            I didn't even know that the game was on today.

I'd probably call it a 'schedule loss,' since Steve Kerr rested some of his players prior to the game today.

But, I'll take a win over Golden State any way that you can get it.
                            "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Ya, it was a good win. Ivey is really looking good. We haven’t had a “wow” guy like that in awhile. He had a play today where he grabbed the board, went coast to coast, weaved through three defenders and exploded for the dunk. Just exploded. He’s going to be REALLY good. The perfect compliment to the sage and savant game of Cade.

Comment

• The key to the modern game is having numerous ballhandlers who can initiate offense. We have quite the backcourt brewing here.

Comment

Working...
                                X