No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I disagree about the play in. I think they have a good chance at it.

I am never in favor of tanking. Wembenyama might be as great as Lebron but he might not be. But if the Pistons do tank they be joining a bunch of other teams and maybe they'd get a shot. But not all the teams who tank will get good odds, and best case is like a 14% chance.

Why tank and ruin another year of Cade and Bey and first year of Duren and Ivey? We have some really good, if not great, young players who need to be learning to win. Not teaching them to lose to tank for a small chance at another young rookie.

With that logic the Lions might be tanking for a new QB next year lol. (I wouldn't want that either)

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      They have no chance at making the play-in and Wembenyama might be the greatest prospect since LeBron, maybe even a better prospect.
      The description I hear of him is a taller Kevin Durant....Thats pretty lofty standards.EVen if the Pistons finish bottom 3 its still less than 20% chance...I dont think they are bottom 3 but they are not play in level either....Probably back to when the Pistons used to draft somewhere in the 7-10 range for years.

Comment

• It's the bottom 4 and they definitely have a great chance to be there. The playin is a silly dream. This team is not 22 games better than they were last year. Way too young. The NBA is a man's league.

Comment

• And the consolation prize at 2 is also one of the hottest prospects in a very long time.

Comment

• Yep Scoot is good as well, they should be trading as many of the superfluous gets to contenders as quickly as possible. Let the young fellas get their run.

Beating the Magic was fun, but don't deceive yourselves but teams are League Pass darlings who everyone will be watching but not because they are going to get a lot of wins.

Comment

• I heard that Woj said the thought around the league is whoever wins the Wembenyama sweepstakes will have half a billion added to their franchise value.

He is still 7'3 and foot injuries are always a concern.

Comment

• Ugly tonight. My guess is that will still be the norm.

Comment

• The Pistons defense is Detroit Lions bad...They are going to lose alot of games like tonight

Comment

• That's the part where they are way too young. Individually it probably takes a player 3 years to learn NBA pnr defense and as a team it takes a long time with the same players to develop the cohesiveness.

Comment

• Ivey/Duren could be a franchise altering draft class.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                        Ivey/Duren could be a franchise altering draft class.
                        I sure hope so...The Pistons need to start winning!

Comment

• The youth was definitely on display against the Pacers. Second half was tough to watch.

Comment

• I'm not liking the Killian/Joseph backcourt off the bench...Is Burks ever going to be ready?

Comment

• The entire bench is looking bad. Duren showed some good, but 7 through 12 on the depth chart is not good. I hope Burks and Bagley come in and give us a spark from the bench.

Comment

• Cade is not playing like the franchise superstar he is promoted as. Maybe he'll get better, but you can't teach quickness.

Comment

Working...
                                X