Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This isn't "worst case" it's the nightmare scenario:

What’s the ‘Worst Case’ scenario for your team this season?

The fear will be that Cade has the temperament to be “that guy” but not the athleticism or skills that will let him dominate as the No. 1 overall pick. That’s especially true when seeing how well his draft-mates Evan Mobley, Scottie Barnes and Jalen Green have played. Combine that with Ivey being unable to translate his speed into NBA success, Stewart and Bey looking more like bench pieces than potential starters and some bad lottery luck, and this franchise will feel stuck in place with a long way to go.

Comment

• That is the nightmare scenario, that means Cunningham would have took a step back. The Pistons in the second half of last year were the most improved points per possession in the league. A lot of that was getting Bagley and Cade have a great second half.

I don't think we are ever going to see Cade Cunningham dominate like people want in theory. He can be the main guy though. That blurb listed Mobley, Green and Barnes as comparisons. All those guys are going to be complementary players on a really good team. If he is going to dominate, it's much more like how Chris Paul goes about it.
      Last edited by froot loops; October 14, 2022, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Everyone wants Lebron+ out of a top pick, and anything less than that is a bust... but hell, not even Lebron could be his plus self for more than spurts.

Comment

• LeBron has been around so long people forget his early years and the crazy criticism that he wouldn't take the tough shots. Remember all the guff he took when he correctly passed off the ball to a wide open Donyell Marshall in the corner at the end of a playoff game? LeBron came into the league much more like a Magic Johnson type player wanting to make everyone around him better. I think the best version of Cade is that kind of player. I don't think he is ever going to transform into a heliocentric player that dominates like LeBron eventually did or Luka is doing now. It's getting harder to win a championship that way. There are just too many good players in the league.

Just remember when they look overwhelmed this year that it's an old man's league. It's very hard to break through when every key player is young.

Comment

• Ivey’s speed is going to be exciting tho. That kid is blazing. He and Cade are going to be legit when they figure it out.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I hope Ivey is all that. I was a Keegan Murray guy, but he wasn't available. Early accounts of Murray have been extremely positive. Although getting sent to Sacto is like a quarterback getting sent to Chitown.

Comment

• Green can be an alpha/lead the league in scoring type of guy. Mobley and Barnes are going to be more impactful from their all around games. Whether Cade is a 25 a game guy or not, he needs to be able to shoot. That's the big concern.

Comment

• Adding muscle doesn't always translate to having a btter game. Although he hasn't shot very much in the pre-season. Last year I thought he got better as the season went on and at the end of games. Well, looks like we'll be adding another lottery pick to the mix.

What is you guys view of Bey and how his game is now versus his rookie season? I think he is going out of his comfort zone and skill set. Not that he has to be parked at the 3 line, but he continually dribbles into collapsing defenses or throws up terrible shots. He also changed his 3 shot and isn't as reliable as it used to be.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Alot of question marks on this team that is for sure.....I still think the biggest one is the defense....Most of the preseason I saw was just a layup drill for the opposing teams...Even though it is a 3 point dominated game now, you just cant give up easy layups all the time.

Comment

• I think adding a lottery pick this year was always in the cards. Learning defense in the NBA is painstaking, they have two plus defenders on the roster currently in Noel and Stewart. Their best defender was Grant. The roster construction is not ideal, 4 centers, a bunch of 1s and 2s hardly any 3s. This is just going to be a year where you let the young guys go through trial by error. At the end of the season they'll have cap space, a high draft pick and it will be time to put a real roster together. That means trying to trade 4 quarters for a dollar.

Comment

• 4 quarters is a dollar.
                        I must have missed something.
                        I know I usually do from the group chorus

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          I hope Ivey is all that. I was a Keegan Murray guy, but he wasn't available. Early accounts of Murray have been extremely positive. Although getting sent to Sacto is like a quarterback getting sent to Chitown.

It’s so funny how often they get it wrong
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The only chance the Kings had a chance to win a title the Refs literally stole it from them.
                            To me one of the most disgraceful thing to happen in Pro sports

Comment

• In the NBA almost every important trade involves trading multiple assets (the quarters) for one big player (the dollars). The Pistons is full of guys that can be packaged and aren't really here for the long term.

Comment

• I don't know if anyone is safe from Trader Troy.

Comment

Working...
                                X