Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistons Interested In Dennis Schroder As Alternative To Jalen Brunson
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
      https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...-Jalen-Brunson

Pistons Interested In Dennis Schroder As Alternative To Jalen Brunson
      How many PG does this team need? We’re guard strong
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ivey not going 4 probably ended Schroeder interest.

Comment

• Hayes had his opportunity but it sucks for him. He played well at the end of the year. He’ll still be a good role player off of the bench.

They’ll have to go after Bridges right?
          Last edited by jaadam4; June 24, 2022, 12:20 PM.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hayes will still be able to get plenty of playing time if he can improve his three point shooting. Which is what he needs to do anyway. I'm not saying he succeeds but I don't think his opportunity has closed.

Comment

• Guys like Stewart and Hayes can be awesome bench players. They have two guys to drive the bus and everyone else needs to fill a role. We just saw a team win it all with one all world guy a d a bunch of role players.

I'm not against a Bridges acquisition but I would like a older vet small forward if I had my wish. This lineup is screaming for a top flight vet.

Comment

• Bridges struck me as the best potentially available top flight small forward available. Who is on your radar, Froot?

Comment

• I'm not sure on that end. I personally would like Kyle Anderson.

Comment

• To me one of the keys is getting Bagley an extension. He was really good with Cade Cunningham, they averaged 110 points per 100 possessions. That is very good, but if you are giving minutes to Bagley you need defensive players as the other big. Stewart and Duren are those type of players.

Comment

• I guess that's possible, though I am very dubious he'll actually be available. I am much more confident Memphis would choose to match him than Charlotte would with Bridges.

Comment

• Kyle Anderson is a UFA.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Kyle Anderson is a UFA.
                          Oh. I thought he had one more year left. My bad. Then yeah, I'd like that option too.

Comment

• There’s not much out there for PF on the FA market. It’ll have to be a salary dump which again was prob what Weaver was planning for
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Great points.

Cade is really good at the lob. Bagley exposed that. Now they go out and get Duren, that can complete those lobs against most. Maybe add Ayton who too can take advantage of those.

Stewart fluffed a lot of those because he just can't go over most because he's not tall enough or explosive enough. He had many times of fluffing it. Even though he was standing directly under the basket. At times he would throw up some weak elementary school level scoop that doesn't even touch the rim. From under the basket!

There's a role for him,but, it isn't high on the list.

And Olynyk can be gone also.
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Signing Schroder would signal to me that the Pistons don’t have faith in Hayes as backup PG. I don’t agree with the idea unless the Pistons end up with Bridges or Ayton. If the Pistons land one of the big free agents, then maybe it’s OK to speed up the rebuild by adding Schroder IMO. Otherwise, just continue to let the young players develop. CoJo is still on the roster too. Yeah, Hayes showed more promise down the stretch.

Kevin Knox is a guy I’m slightly interested in. A wing that was a talented prospect coming out of Kentucky. Lost himself in the questionable Knicks organization. Knox looked promising as a rookie.

I don’t think the Pistons have to do much else this offseason. Go after Bridges or Ayton. If that doesn’t work, take on a contract that another team wants to dump. Get a future 1st and more. It’s fine to be patient. Cap flexibility is a plus.

EDIT: Oh yes, bringing back Bagley would be nice.
                                Last edited by Cody_Russell; June 24, 2022, 01:51 PM.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X