No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like an obvious “yes” from the Pistons perspective.

Thinking Mathurin is my next choice after Ivey after reading up into the draft. I really like the intangible stuff that Mathurin comes with. Adding to his great shooting splits and athleticism. I would love Mathurin paired with Sochan if the Pistons acquire a second lottery pick. The energy and defensive tenacity those two would bring is intriguing IMO. Drafting Mathurin would allow you to hedge against Sochan’s weakness of shooting.

This is what I’m thinking for the top 10 if Detroit acquires that pick from Portland:
    1. Orlando - Chet Holmgren
    2. OKC - Jabari Smith
    3. Houston - Paolo Banchero
    4. Indiana (TRADE) - Jaden Ivey
    5. Detroit - Bennedict Mathurin
    6. Sacramento (TRADE) - Keegan Murray
    7. Detroit (TRADE) - Jeremy Sochan
    8. New Orleans - Shaedon Sharpe
    9. San Antonio - Dyson Daniels
    10. Washington - AJ Griffin
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If they trade with Portland Keegan Murray is 100% the pick at #5 then they choose between Manthurn and Sharpe @ #7
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If the Pistons go get a second lotto pick and it broke down that way. I am going with Murray and Sharpe.

Murray fills a big need with his shooting and switch ability. Presumably the Pistons would go get a big in FA. Sharpe could be a future star but he would not have to be right away. Sharpe could come in and not have to be a major guy right away.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• That’s the way I see it as well. If they don’t land Portlands pick I hope they swing for the fence and take Sharpe if Ivey is gone
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I can't fathom it being a straight Grant for the #7 pick. But Portland has the trade exception and it fits with Grant.

If the Pistons had both the #5 and #7, at least one of those picks would depend on who they are targeting in free agency. I think right off the bat they are signing Ayton to an offer sheet I'd definitely take Murray unless Holmgren falls to 5, then I'd grit my teeth and take him.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              If they trade with Portland Keegan Murray is 100% the pick at #5 then they choose between Manthurn and Sharpe @ #7
              I am guessing Troy will wait right up until after the Kings pick...There are rumors now that they really like Murray and may select him 4th.....Even so, if Portland is offering the 7th pick for Grant I would take it...It leaves the Pistons with a hole but they can find a PF somewhere.....I wouldn't complain if the Pistons left the draft with 2 of the 3 of Ivey, Mathurin, or Sharpe.

Comment

• If Sac passes on Ivey they are so dumb. Even with their current guard situation. Beyond the top 4 the rest of the draft is prob role players
                Last edited by jaadam4; June 20, 2022, 12:47 AM.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Just some get some defensive dogs out of this draft and they are going to be OK. The more.size the better as well.

Comment

• Agreed on the defense
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      I can't fathom it being a straight Grant for the #7 pick. But Portland has the trade exception and it fits with Grant.

If the Pistons had both the #5 and #7, at least one of those picks would depend on who they are targeting in free agency. I think right off the bat they are signing Ayton to an offer sheet I'd definitely take Murray unless Holmgren falls to 5, then I'd grit my teeth and take him.
                      I don’t think that 7th pick is too much to pay for Grant. More than likely they won’t be able to get Grants production from that pick and they want to win now. We can be more patient

Either way I hope they draft Sharpe
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• If Ivey is gone I'd take Mathurin or Sharpe 5 then Jalen Duren 7. Whatever with Murray.

If Ivey does fall then I'd go Ivey at 5 then Duren 7, unless a team really wants to trade up for Sharpe or Mathurin
                        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Man I hope Ivey falls. He won’t but my fingers are crossed
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• If they want Ivey they have to trade up.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              If Sac passes on Ivey they are so dumb. Even with their current guard situation. Beyond the top 4 the rest of the draft is prob role players
                              Rumors are Ivey has said he wants to play for the Detroit. He has lived here and likes it here. He does not want to play for SAC. Cali prices and taxes without the Cali culture.

Also rumors have it that they are saying they like Murray better.

2 out of Ivey, Murray, Mathurin or Sharpe would be awesome if they can get POR to bite.

It works with them having the hots for Ayton. The frontcourt need is fulfilled there. Sharpe would be the guy for #7 to me because they can have him play G League until he is up to par.
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• James Jones' grandson is one day closer to coming home....
                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X