No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He looks great in HS ball for sure. Some people are saying that he used Kentucky and their facilities to get ready for the NBA without having to play and drop his draft stock. I don't know if I believe it he'll be in the lottery for sure. Not sure if the NBA combine actually matters anything besides measurements.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Rim protection skills are only nice if you can't be hunted in the PnR., Best case scenario I wanted Jabari Smith, but I'll take a guy like Keegan Murray. Long, rangy, switchable wings, who can shoot are exactly what the Pistons need.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
        If the Pistons unfortunately end up with #7, think I want Jeremy Sochan from Baylor. Gives me old school Pistons vibes because of how much of a pain Sochan was in the UNC vs Baylor game. Toughness on D. A guy you hated if rooting against Baylor. Potential to play at the 5 in a small ball lineup. Watch the Baylor vs UNC game and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Huge question when it comes to his shooting ability on the downside. Don’t want another Stanley Johnson.

Just trying to mentally prepare myself. Fingers crossed. Top 4!
        Sochan is going to be an interesting guy to monitor during the draft process. Could see him being this year’s version of Patrick Williams, meaning a guy initially projected to go later lottery who winds up going in the top half of it. The shooting issues are known, but the other offensive skills along with his hellacious defensive ability and versatility at 6’9” and 230 lbs. will have teams looking hard at him.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Rim protection skills are only nice if you can't be hunted in the PnR., Best case scenario I wanted Jabari Smith, but I'll take a guy like Keegan Murray. Long, rangy, switchable wings, who can shoot are exactly what the Pistons need.
          The big question with Murray , for me, is his defense.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post
            Sochan is going to be an interesting guy to monitor during the draft process. Could see him being this year’s version of Patrick Williams, meaning a guy initially projected to go later lottery who winds up going in the top half of it. The shooting issues are known, but the other offensive skills along with his hellacious defensive ability and versatility at 6’9” and 230 lbs. will have teams looking hard at him.
            Happens all of the time in the draft. More than a month of time with this draft process… just ask Travon Walker.
            Plenty of time for the tier 2 players to switch up a bit. It was a surprise to see where Barnes and Giddey went in last year’s NBA draft too.

I think Sochan is my 4th favorite. Ivey, Sharpe, Murray, and Sochan. Sochan is just such a pain in the ass to deal with. Can easily see him being a valuable starter on a contending team in the future. Sochan would have to be the 4th or 5th best starter on that contending team, but he brings a lot of much needed toughness and intangibles. Draymond Green, Ron Artest, Dennis Rodman, and PJ Tucker toughness vibes maybe…
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Sharpe got the ok to enter this year and then told the NCAA to shove it. What's the big deal?

Comment

• "Sochan is going to be an interesting guy to monitor during the draft process. Could see him being this year’s version of Patrick Williams, meaning a guy initially projected to go later lottery who winds up going in the top half of it. The shooting issues are known, but the other offensive skills along with his hellacious defensive ability and versatility at 6’9” and 230 lbs. will have teams looking hard at him."

Agree. He could do the Williams/Barnes rise if teams fall in love with his shot. His shot is crap now, so we'll see.

Comment

1. Detroit Pistons: Jalen Duran, C, Memphis
                    Isaiah Stewart is a fine player, but the Pistons wouldn't want to pass up on a center with huge upside.
                  2. Indiana Pacers: Keegan Murray, PF, Iowa
                    Domantas Sabonis is gone, so the Pacers will be looking to bolster their frontcourt.
                  3. Portland Trailblazers: Shaedon Sharpe, SG, Kentucky
                    The Blazers traded C.J. McCollum to the Pelicans during the season, so there's a huge hole at shooting guard. Shaedon Sharpe would fill that need, though he'll create quite the headache for the local media if he speaks like Shannon Sharpe.
                  Who is this Duran fella? IDK. With Marvin Bagley I think this would be a duplication of his skills. I think I think they need a 3&D type. A floor spacer and rim protector. Or just a badaz scorer and distributor.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                    Sharpe got the ok to enter this year and then told the NCAA to shove it. What's the big deal?
                    He was a #1 recruit that didn’t play at all last year while he was eligible. In this day and age of 1 and dones it’s off the charts crazy

Unless he was hurt or in trouble legally for recruiting why didn’t he play. Guys of his stature get thrown into the mix immediately especially at the power schools.

Him dropping the NCAA for the NBA isn’t weird it’s how he’s doing it. He won’t have played in a game in over a year.
                    Last edited by jaadam4; May 18, 2022, 10:26 AM.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

The big question with Murray , for me, is his defense.
                      His defense is more of a strength than any of the other top.guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                        https://www.walterfootball.com/nbadraft2022.php

Who is this Duran fella? IDK. With Marvin Bagley I think this would be a duplication of his skills. I think I think they need a 3&D type. A floor spacer and rim protector. Or just a badaz scorer and distributor.
                        I'd be ok with Duren. He is a bigger defender in the post, good on defense. Lob threat which is always nice. Grant, Bey, Cade are all scorer types and play 3 and D type ball. Last year Pistons were bad in the paint except for occasionally good play by Stewart. They were also pretty bad in the mid game defense too so I can see the "D" in 3 and D. I guess my point is I hope Pistons land an elite defender more than another 3 point shooter.

Comment

• Please let Ivey fall to us.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

He was a #1 recruit that didn’t play at all last year while he was eligible. In this day and age of 1 and dones it’s off the charts crazy

Unless he was hurt or in trouble legally for recruiting why didn’t he play. Guys of his stature get thrown into the mix immediately especially at the power schools.

Him dropping the NCAA for the NBA isn’t weird it’s how he’s doing it. He won’t have played in a game in over a year.
                            So he is this year's version of Ben Simmons? A guy who could have played but didn't....

Comment

• I guess. At least with Simmons we know he's broken mentally. Its just a weird situation for a college player to not play at all with him being such a blue chip recruit.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I guess it has something to do with eligibility for the NBA draft. He wasn't sure if he was going to be eligible even if he played his freshman year so he sat out not wanting to be hurt. Once he realized he could make the jump he made the decision.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X