No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That big fella's +/- couldn't have been good, Purdue was starting to take control of the game when they brought him back in and St. Peters immediately made a run.

St. Peters' guards were really good at putting the defender in jail, you don't normally see that in college that's a pro skill All fours of their guard had excellent handles.

Comment

• You are seeing St. Marys 2.0 here. Purdue played right into their wheelhouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Ivey was the 4th best guard on the floor tonight
        I’m really good with this. I was afraid he’d take over the tourney and not be an option for us.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
          This is an era with the nature of players coming and going from the big schools that you literally expect the small schools to actually be competitive.
          St. Peters is about team play, and the game has evolved into individual play - where players are playing for Draft Stock.
          I laughed when they said St. Peters is small - and they are 6'8, 6'8 and 6'7 across the line. It's not like the modern game is built around low post play to begin with.
          Who has a 7'4" C who should be a matchup nightmare on the bench for the last 5 minutes of the game?
          Zach Edey (the 7’4” C you speak of) was a mixed bag yesterday. Solid night scoring, but too many turnovers. Peacocks abused Edey with pick & rolls due to Edey being slow on the perimeter and their strong mid-range game. Trevion Williams (the C that replaced Edey) has usually been the closer and actually played well in the 2nd half. You’re right that the Peacocks went on a run when Edey went out, but that has to do with everyone else shitting the bed for Purdue.

Especially Jaden Ivey… he was off yesterday. Too passive. Too many turnovers. Poor shooting performance.
          He’s still my preference for the Pistons, but there’s no doubt that yesterday’s game was a letdown.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Ivey is SLOPPY. He's a reckless player. I see a lot of Stackhouse in him. Maybe he can harness that. His upside is probably a slightly worse version of Jalen Green (who is actually playing great since the all star break)
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Well, now it all makes sense as to why James Wiseman only played 3 games at Memphis. It’s because Penny Hardaway was getting into hot water with dirty business recruiting techniques.

That was such a weird situation as that kid looked unbelievable then he just quits 3 games into the season to get ready for the draft.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                There’s def some peeps in here that need to rethink their stance on Paolo Banchero. That kid is damned good and he might be our pick

At this point the person above him is Ivey for me
                He has won me over too. I like big people that have the skills of little people. Him and Cade would be fantastic. I think we're good with where ever the draft has us.

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                Well, most notably telling your players to intentionally lose games is a federal crime, and I'm not entirely certain what the Pistons could do roster wise that ensures they more reliably lose. It's not like they are running out an All-Star roster. They're winning games due to players like Bey dropping 50.
                I'm probably the biggest advocate for getting higher picks, but, there comes a time when it is more important for your team to learn to win. Are they totally there? No. But they fight like a mfer and when they lose it's not because they got totally blown out. The point is that with a Ivey/Holmgren/Bancheros/Smith, they will have enough talent to beat anyone. I feel we're just that close.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Pistons Notes: Bagley, Jackson, Grant, Cunningham

March 27th, 2022 at 2:52pm CST by Alex Kirschenbaum

New Pistons reserve power forward Marvin Bagley III, a restricted free agent this summer, is hoping to stick around Detroit on his next contract, writes Rod Beard of The Detroit News.

The Pistons, currently the No. 14 seed in the East, are 6-9 in their games with Bagley available. Beard observes that the former No. 2 overall pick has shown his scoring touch in many of those contests, hitting double figures in 13 of his 15 games with his new club. The fourth-year big man, who holds averages of 14.4 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 1.0 APG and 0.9 SPG across 27.1 MPG for his new team, has been a good fit in Detroit’s offense thanks to his skills as a post scorer, according to Beard.

“I’m telling you, this team is going to be great. We’ve got a lot of great pieces and I’m excited to be here and a part of it, and just building something with this team,” Bagley said. “We’ve got a great team here and we’re going to be something special if we continue to lock in on that and look at the bigger picture and continue to keep getting better every single day.”

Boasting a roster full of high lottery draft selections, including Bagley and 2021 top pick Cade Cunningham, the 20-54 Pistons appear well-positioned to build for the future. Their low standing this season guarantees that they will be able to add another lottery prospect in the 2022 draft.

There’s more out of Detroit:
                  • This past Friday, Pistons reserve point guard Frank Jackson was available for Detroit for the first time in 11 games following a lingering spine issue. Jackson played without any limits on his availability, per Omari Sankofa II of the Detroit Free Press (Twitter link). “No one [including Jackson] has minute restrictions at all,” Pistons head coach Dwane Casey said ahead of the game, a 100-97 loss to the Wizards. “He went through practice yesterday and shootaround today. We’ll be smart with it and not have him out long stretches just to be prudent. But he should be 100%.” The fourth-year guard is averaging 10.5 PPG, 1.6 RPG and 1.0 APG in 22.2 MPG for Detroit this year. He scored two points in 14:56 minutes of action Friday.
                  • Pistons starting power forward Jerami Grant left Detroit’s most recent contest against the Wizards with a left calf strain and did not return to action, the team announced (Twitter link). He remains sidelined today for Detroit’s afternoon contest against the Knicks, and Bagley is starting in his stead.
                  • Pistons rookie point guard Cade Cunningham has emerged as a late-season contender for Rookie of the Year honors. James Edwards III of The Athletic examines Cunningham’s case for the award. Cavaliers power forward/center Evan Mobley, Raptors forward Scottie Barnes, Magic wing Franz Wagner, and Thunder shooting guard Josh Giddey are the other top candidates. Cunningham’s stellar counting stats of 17.1 PPG, 5.8 RPG and 5.5 APG are cited, though his inefficient scoring is listed as a detriment. To be fair, an ankle injury forced Cunningham to sit during the team’s preseason and training camp, and his early-season shooting struggles could be credited in part to his not getting that crucial prep time with the team before starting his first NBA season.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Cunningham with another 27 points tonight. Wonder if he can get that rookie of the year.

Comment

• That Sixers team looks like shit following the first couple games with Harden. He's going to get a big contract and he is nearly washed up.

Any normal year Cunningham would get the ROY, but the rookie class is stacked and he probably doesn't have enough games left to make up the ground on Mobley and Barnes.

Comment

• I wish that OKC team wouldn’t have broke up so early. Harden, Durant and Russ could have done something. Harden looks like an old man that should be hanging out with Red Fox from Sandford and Son’s lot. He looks so old
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Or an Austin Powers evil person
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The OKC trade was really stupid because it was over 5 million dollars. They may have won a title or two, but the flaws in both Harden and Westbrook's game suggest maybe it wasn't going to work. All three are ball dominant players and those two do nothing on offense without the ball. And they both suck on defense.

Comment

• The Pistons of the last two months are on a historic run against the spread.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                The OKC trade was really stupid because it was over 5 million dollars. They may have won a title or two, but the flaws in both Harden and Westbrook's game suggest maybe it wasn't going to work. All three are ball dominant players and those two do nothing on offense without the ball. And they both suck on defense.
                                Oh I agree about Russ and Harden being flawed all star caliber. It’s really showing now in a big way but man that team was something different
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X