No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garza has also signed a deal, he will be lighting it up for the Cruise this season. He was a much better offensive player than Laimbeer in college. If the league was post based offenses like it was 30 years ago, Garza would have been a high draft pick.
    Hours after inking a two-way contract, Luka Garza delivered a 21-point, 15-rebound double-double to lead the Pistons to an 79-78 win over the Magic.
    Last edited by froot loops; August 17, 2021, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      He's a kid with a ton of talent that doesn't know how to be a professional. He'll learn
      Same can be said about Hayes.

But he's been around the pro game for over a year and he isn't dumb. He cried about not getting picked #1 and now he didn't. Yeah, he's a kid. A grown 19 yr old kid that is more like a 16 year old kid.

Cade is way more mature then him. Maybe it is a part of being a parent. Maybe it is handling your college life and basketball. IDK. What I do know is every time this dude opens his mouth he looks dumber and dumber.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Cade also got what he wanted. He'd probably be a little sour if the Pistons passed on him for Green.

As for not wanting to be in Detroit... hate to say it, but he's just telling the truth. Detroit doesn't get a pass from the rest of the Midwest. Hell, nowadays ask anyone if they want to go to Chicago and you'll get more upraised noses than eagerness. He'd have said the same thing if Cleveland got the first pick. Hell, he'd probably say the same thing about Milwaukee, and they're the defending NBA champions.
        Last edited by chemiclord; August 17, 2021, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• He is blowing off steam because he wasn't drafted by the Pistons. The stuff about Detroit is pretty standard shit. Detroit has a bad rep with athletes until they get here and then they warm up to it. One of the reasons you hear about the Calvin Johnson mess with the Lions is he is always in town.

If you win perceptions change, the fact is they have been a 20-30 win team for over a decade.

Most NBA cities are not magnets for players unless the city is Miami or LA.
          Last edited by froot loops; August 17, 2021, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Regardless, the kid is showing a lack of maturity and a spoiled, entitled attitude. And while the argument can be made about him just being a 19 year old kid, I don’t like what I’m seeing. He also tweeted out the old Deon Sanders draft day video about his relief of not getting selected by Detroit. His athletic gifts have clearly allowed him to feel entitled for a while, which we’re all seeing now. And, yes, I realize most (if not all) professional athletes have some level of entitlement. But it’s about the maturity and poise they handle that with. This kid is acting like he was personally wounded by not getting selected #1 and is still having a tantrum. Some perspective kid.
            Last edited by BJK; August 17, 2021, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post
              Regardless, the kid is showing a lack of maturity and a spoiled, entitled attitude. And while the argument can be made about him just being a 19 year old kid, I don’t like what I’m seeing. He also tweeted out the old Deon Sanders draft day video about his relief of not getting selected by Detroit. His athletic gifts have clearly allowed him to feel entitled for a while, which we’re all seeing now. And, yes, I realize most (if not all) professional athletes have some level of entitlement. But it’s about the maturity and poise they handle that with. This kid is acting like he was personally wounded by not getting selected #1 and is still having a tantrum. Some perspective kid.
              Of course you don't like what you're seeing, because you're taking it as a personal affront. He's insulting "your city." DETROIT VS. EVERYBODY!

If Cleveland had been #1, you'd be laughing and pointing and saying, "See! No one wants to go to CLEVELAND! Har har hur hur!"

Comment

• Green should keep his mouth shut until he does something in the League. I bet he sold a few tickets for any DET v HOU games this year, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Of course you don't like what you're seeing, because you're taking it as a personal affront. He's insulting "your city." DETROIT VS. EVERYBODY!

If Cleveland had been #1, you'd be laughing and pointing and saying, "See! No one wants to go to CLEVELAND! Har har hur hur!"
                  Actually, I’m not taking it as a personal affront for the city. Please don’t make assumptions about me. I haven’t lived in Michigan since I was a kid in the 1980’s. I never lived in Detroit. People can say whatever they want about Detroit or any city they choose, though I find that weird (would they really insult a city that someone is from to their face or is that social media courage?). I actually don’t like what I’m seeing from him as a parent to three teenagers. Nothing more.

Comment

• Then you have some remarkably well behaved teenagers, because this behavior from Green is pretty par for the course from a 19-year old.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      Then you have some remarkably well behaved teenagers, because this behavior from Green is pretty par for the course from a 19-year old.
                      Yes, we do have remarkably well behaved teenagers. Thank you. We teach our kids to be accountable, work hard, be kind to others, and have humility. My daughter graduated this year as valedictorian of her high school class and starts college this week.

Comment

• You raised your daughter to be valedictorian, Green was probably raised at an early age to be an NBA star. Most of these guys have gigantic egos and they have a microphone in their face all the time. To be a star in the league, you almost have to have a massive ego. Guys with massive egos that have microphones in their face all the time. The problem with this statement in this forum is most of you all are trying to hold this fella to the same maturity that you have as a 65 year old. Kids are dumb, they spout off and it generally has no effect whatsoever on what they do on the court. If they succeed, these words will be used as evidence of the determination, if he fails these words will be used as evidence of his shortcomings in his failure.

People mythologized Aaron Rodgers words after he was snubbed at the draft and he hadn't accomplished a thing in the league. Tom Brady introduce himself at Patriot training camp as the best pick they will ever have.

Comment

• Kids are dumb, the stuff I got from Men on this forum for being critical of Stafford has been more ridiculous then anything Green has said on social media.
                          I honestly believe parents don't teach kids anything.
                          Most teaching comes from within ones self. Most people have a "want to do good" gene.

Comment

• One trick pony is back

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              You raised your daughter to be valedictorian, Green was probably raised at an early age to be an NBA star. Most of these guys have gigantic egos and they have a microphone in their face all the time. To be a star in the league, you almost have to have a massive ego. Guys with massive egos that have microphones in their face all the time. The problem with this statement in this forum is most of you all are trying to hold this fella to the same maturity that you have as a 65 year old. Kids are dumb, they spout off and it generally has no effect whatsoever on what they do on the court. If they succeed, these words will be used as evidence of the determination, if he fails these words will be used as evidence of his shortcomings in his failure.

People mythologized Aaron Rodgers words after he was snubbed at the draft and he hadn't accomplished a thing in the league. Tom Brady introduce himself at Patriot training camp as the best pick they will ever have.
                              Points made, but I take great offense to being called 65 years old, my friend! Still far, far from it! 😅

Here’s the last thing I’ll say on the topic. I agree on the star athlete ego thing. I’m sure that Evan Mobley in particular, Scottie Barnes, and Jalen Suggs all believe that they deserved to go #1, and strong arguments could have been made for that in most drafts. I know for a fact that Mobley and Suggs stated as much in interviews leading up to the draft. But I don’t hear any of what I’m hearing from Green from these guys. At least publicly they’re now focused on what’s ahead with their new teams, instead of what happened at the draft. Do they feel slighted? Probably. I think a lot of great athletes use a slight (real or perceived) as motivation. But these guys aren’t continuously whining about it publicly, they’re just going about their business. I’m just not impressed by what I’m seeing from Green. But that’s me.

Comment

• Having talent and being an az are not a lock step equality.

Dude literally is keeping this whole thing going. One statement ok. But this is the 5th time he has said something and it's getting worse. He's trolling and your saying it's cool.

It is not.
                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X