No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garza is what he's always been. A total stiff.

Cade looked good yesterday. He should have had a lot more dimes. His IQ is just unreal for a 19 year old. Whip passes and constant setting up of dudes. He's just playing with garbage out there.

Comment

• I’m fairly certain that Hayes will be traded in the next year. I don’t see them coexisting
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        I’m fairly certain that Hayes will be traded in the next year. I don’t see them coexisting
        Wanna bet?
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I doubt Hayes even makes it past his rookie deal.

Comment

• Hayes looked way better yesterday than at the beginning of last season. Everything was better. Still, if he doesn't make shots, not good enough
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Hayes had 6 (2/6) points, 5 ast, 9 reb, 1 stl and 3 turns in 23 min.
              Cade had 12 (5/17) points, 2 ast, 5 reb, 3 stl and 5 turns in 26 min.

Yeah, after 1 summer league game let's trade him. Look, I understand seeing Cook fumble pass after pass and he and the statuesque Garza showing things (speed, level of awareness) that professional athletes just NEED, and saying THAT guy just doesn't have the pre-requisite skills. For late second rounders at that.

It's a whole other thing carrying on this continual thing from even before they played together. It's really ridiculous because the only thing you can put to this opinion is something he just needs to put time and effort on and that's shooting. I personally see some development in other areas since we last saw him. Is it enough? Hales no, the guy shot 0 fer from 3 point. But You know what he did do that some of you didn't pay any attention to? When he saw his shot wasn't falling from deep, he didn't just keep launching them (like he did all last season). He calmly stepped up closer and hit a couple shots or made the extra pass. To me, he was the better point guard last night. Probably because he didn't continually try to get it to the scrubs who aren't going to make shots.

As been stated, he does need to shore up his 3 point shooting, but he needs progress. He can do it. It's not like he doesn't have the basic skills (speed, vertical, etc...) that point guards in the league have. He is a + defender, a + rebounder, a + floor general (the team actually was ran better by him then Cade last night) and he was a +4 when he was on the floor.

Now, I don't think he is better then Cade, but there's no reason to try and make Cade a fulltime pg right now. That's a lot of energy to expend full court both ways and still be THE guy.

Perspective. I knew a guy that was a really good PG and when he got to HS he had to play off. A lot of people thought he should still be the point, but he adjusted and the rest was history. THE guy was Glen Rice and the guy he had to slide over to was Andre Rison. IDK if Glen develops if he had to play point and worry about distributing. Let them run for 40 reg games and then this discussion may have some merit.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                I doubt Hayes even makes it past his rookie deal.
                Wanna bet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                  Hayes looked way better yesterday than at the beginning of last season. Everything was better. Still, if he doesn't make shots, not good enough
                  Agree totally.

Comment

• Now Sekou? I'm just confused to his lack of awareness at times last night. Some times you see the talent. He rotated and made some nice help blocks, but, too often last night he just isn't aware to what going on. Even after the play he doesn't realize that he was supposed to have switched or covered the open area since he is one of the bigger players on the court. Year 3 and he should be leading the team but I'm worried he just may take too long to mature. IDK if the organization is going to continue to be patient with him. I could see a Spencer Dinwiddie type career where he blows up in year 4 or 5. With another team benefitting from Detroit's lack of patience.

Comment

• That's the lesson people fail to learn about these NBA drafts nowadays. In the first round 27 percent f the players drafted do not see a second NBA deal. Of the ones that do, I think the majority of them see it with another team. Sekou was a very raw player, basketball is weird in that some guys pick it up very late in their childhood and can acclimate real quick but most projects stay projects.

Comment

• I always get a kick out of the pure venom that The King spits at Hayes, it is like Killian stole his woman. Last January, he was Lubinizing the dudes career based on a labrum injury. Now that it is clear that the injury wasn't the end of Hayes' career it has driven The King blind with rage.

Comment

• See, for me, it's just that Haliburton is better hehe

Comment

• They might have whiffed on that one. But it's early, I remember Piston fans raging on about not drafting Trey Burke instead of KCP. KCP is a useful player while Burke is an NBA vagabond.

Comment

• I don't hate Hayes at all. I want him to do well because I'm a Pistons fan. I just don't see him as an NBA player. He literally can't dribble with his right and he can't shoot. Those things are pretty important for a PG. You saw yesterdays plays where Cade just stood in the corner and Killian was dribbling around and doing weird moves against shadows. He can't go right, so he does all these spin moves and weird moves. I don't know how to even describe it.

We didn't draft Cade #1 for him to stand around in a corner while Hayes dribbles around like a guy whose button got stuck on a Playstation controller.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                They might have whiffed on that one. But it's early, I remember Piston fans raging on about not drafting Trey Burke instead of KCP. KCP is a useful player while Burke is an NBA vagabond.
                                Those two aren't as far apart as you think ... Burke just doesn't get much of a chance. KCP is better tho

Should've drafted Giannis, of course

Comment

Working...
                                X