No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense is probably even worse than the shooting issues. Their offensive net rating since the trade has skyrocketed but the defensive rating is in the toilet.

Comment

• Pistons traded Knox, Procida and a 2024 second round pick for Simone Fontecchio. He has been a decent 3 and D guy for the Jazz.

Comment

• Championship!!
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It's an OK trade, a step in the right direction to get a wing. They still need need to slim down the roster. With these two trades, it's beyond time to trade Bogdonavic and they should be trading Morris. They need to start accumulating draft assets.

​​​​​
          Last edited by froot loops; February 7, 2024, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Troy has traded all the second round picks all the way to 2027.

Comment

• Yeah that's a problem. I'm interested in this trade because Fontecchio is a player that contenders were after. He's not a well known name but everyone needs wings who can shoot and play D.

Trading a second from this year's draft is not a big deal because this draft is not good. But if you are going to have cap space and free agency is out that means you have to acquire stars using draft picks. They can't first round picks and they don't have seconds to trade. They need to figure out who they can deal at the deadline and start getting picks. Of aot.of.tjjngs Weaver has done wrong this is at the top. He has had cap space the last two seasons and it used it to help other teams with salary dumps and they don't have any picks.

Comment

• and spent 20M of that cap space on a washed up injured small forward that plays no defense (Harris)

Comment

• The whole point of those trades is to accumulate assets. Taking the last year of the Harris contract is OK if you extract more resources. They got 2 second round picks for Harris but those are in 27 and 29. They just traded Monte Morris for Shake Milton, Troy Brown and a 2030 2nd round pick.

Comment

• I thought Monte Morris was supposed to save the season? Wasn’t that what everybody was saying when he and Bogdan were out? Just needed that veteran presence back.

Comment

• Maybe they are punting on the season. This latest trade does not slim down the roster any unless they are waiving Milton and Brown.

Comment

• Monte may have just told them to get him the fuck out of there. I’m sure he wasn’t expecting to deal with this shitshow when he signed with them.

Comment

• I never got the Morris signing in the first place or I don't get the Sasser pick. Both acquisitions with Monty Williams coaching means a five man guard rotation.

Comment

• More of doing nothing while the team say it's doing something.

As long as GM Troy Weaver and especially owner Tom Gores are associated with the team, the Pistons will go nowhere.
                            "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• The last three trades are all steps in the right direction. But if they don't do any more deals before the deadline, it's a huge WTF. Bogdonavic and Burks have value, time to cash in on that value even if it is only picks. The guys they have gotten back can since the Muscala trade can replace what those two provide.

Comment

• Kings trolled the Pistons with the bounced off the facemask catch by the 49ers right before their game vs. Detroit, and then lost to the Pistons!!

Heck, the Lions and the Pistons have won Championships more recently than Sacramento, and the Kings have never won anything in Sacramento!

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                                My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                                X