No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a whole lot of “I’ve got it right, they just need to develop/get healthy/play better”. Al least based on the article (haven’t listened to the podcast).

Comment

• It's so weird how badly both Weaver and Williams understand today's NBA. With Williams, he is doing shit with the lineups that a novice coach would never do unless they were tanking or trying to undermine the GM. With Weaver, he really thought Joe Harris and Monty Morris were the answer? They won 17 games last year. Cade isn't worth that many wins.

Comment

• The Pistons lost another one, this time to GS. What's probably getting lost in this endless losing is the big step Cade has taken. His 11th 30 point game. And he has had these spurts where he can't be guarded, he had another one last night. When the teammates can't defend, rebound or shoot you can't win

Comment

• Are the Pistons trying to revive the Center. Seems their whole recent legacy has been getting athletic big guys. Is that where the league is turning or the Pistons spinning their wheels?

Comment

• The center has been coming back in the league but none of the guys they have are part of the trend. Duren is good and going to get better, but he hasn't shown the ability to shoot. He's not the new prototype of center. Those guys can shoot the three, post up and pass. But the post up is not the main thing unless you can force switches on to smaller players.

Bagley and Wiseman don't play defense and are just post up players. That style of center is probably never coming back. Weaver is spinning his wheels on failed lottery reclamation projects that haven't worked.

With Stewart they are holding onto this fantasy that he can turn into Draymond lite. He should just be a backup center and they should never be trotting out two big lineups.

Comment

• Having one Duren-type center is fine. There is something to be said for having someone who can clean up on the glass and control the paint.

But you really can't go as heavy on it as Weaver and the Pistons have, especially if you're going to use dribble penetration guards that need space to operate.

Comment

• Yep, with Cade Cunningham and Ivey you want the spacing to be able to drive. Bagley actually opened up Cade's game in his rookie season because he is a good lob threat and he can run the pick and roll. That was something that Stewart can't do.

If some team wants Stewart, they should unload him. He has some interest across the league. They need to find a interior defender to pair along with Duren. In a best case scenario that is a stretch 4. They are trying to shoehorn Stewart into that role because he can shoot threes. But he doesn't have the other attributes of a power forward offensively.

​​​​​​​Cade isn't LeBron or Luka but you follow the same formula that their teams use. Heavy on shooters and defenders. You never get the sense that Weaver thinks this at all. That's why you get these dumb Bey for Wiseman deals.

​​​

Comment

• A PF last draft was the key and we didn’t get it
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Cade was injured with a knee strain. The team totally fell apart once he went out.

Comment

• Comment

• "It's time for Gores to understand that Monty has no answers (to say the least) and should not be coaching this team.​"

Easy for that guy to say he doesnt have to write the check for XX millions to send him packing.....We get the feeling that was what Williams wanted from day 1...A fat paycheck, not do his job, and get millions to take the year off, which is what he wanted to do anyway.

Comment

• It was chemi or froot that called it awhile back. He told them once and then they threw more money at him. I respected Gores for trying but they should have let that one go
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think we both did at different points.

Comment

• I had no problem with Gores giving a godfather offer. This is on Monty Williams, he is playing lineups that make no sense in relation to how the league plays. Any fan can go on NBA.com and look at lineup combinations see how they perform, he apparently doesn't put any stock in new fangled analytics. If he did, Livers and Wiseman would never see the floor.

Also, the other day he said they couldn't see the play where Cade strained his knee, he said he needed to be better on not putting so much load on him. No shit Monty, you can't play an NBA player as much as he is in the second half. He was asking for an injury. That's the lone bright spot and Monty is leaning on him too much because he was so desperate to get a win. It was his coaching that got them there in the first place.

Comment

• Ha! Something like this happens 4 or 5 times a game. Darko2.

Comment

Working...
                                X