No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hopeful this national embarrassment spurs this dumbass franchise to meaningful additions in the off-season. They won 17 measly games last year and their off-season consisted of Joe Harris and Monty Morris. Even the 17 win total was not indicative of the team they had after they traded Bey for Wiseman. They out way too much on Cade being worth 30 wins.

I'm fearful what they may view as meaningful additions are a couple new albatross contracts.

Comment

• Letting Weaver be the guy to make those moves is, let’s just say, not a good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

The Joey D years weren’t just a decline. When Mr. Davidson died his wife was in full sell mode not allowing Joey D to make moves. It was a complete shit show especially after he signed Ben Gordon and Charlie V to shit contracts
        IIRC, Terry Foster said that Dumars had a trade lined up to deal Hamilton after acquiring AI. It was part of the overall plan for the AI deal. The deal would have re-balanced the roster instead of the logjam created by having two star players who were not very compatible on the roster. Unfortunately, the trade would have taken on a little more contract money (like a player on a longer deal). Karen Davidson vetoed the trade and the franchise was stuck with the crap roster.

I can't remember who they would have gotten, but I remember that it looked very promising. Definitely a big improvement over the obviously flawed roster.

Comment

• I know they almost landed Kobe for Rip and Tay. That would have been epic
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            I'm hopeful this national embarrassment spurs this dumbass franchise to meaningful additions in the off-season. They won 17 measly games last year and their off-season consisted of Joe Harris and Monty Morris. Even the 17 win total was not indicative of the team they had after they traded Bey for Wiseman. They out way too much on Cade being worth 30 wins.

I'm fearful what they may view as meaningful additions are a couple new albatross contracts.
            I think it was Valenti the other day saying he feared they may do another Blake Griffin type of trade where they go after a vet that is overpaid and overrated.....Maybe someone like Kawhi or Paul George or Draymond.

Comment

• They are so worried about a Blake Griffin type contract.that they are screwing themselves over.

Comment

• I see the Knicks traded RJ Barrett to the Raptors for Anunoby...I think a few Pistons fans were hoping he would end up in Detroit.

Comment

• Would it really matter right now if they f’ed up a trade. How the hell do you lose that many straight?
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                    My friend Ken L

Comment

• I hear they won

Comment

• Thank god the streak is over

Comment

• 40 free throws? did the refs think we were the Lakers? Ivey scored 12 points on one made basket lol

Comment

• Congrats
                            Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Yeah, we want to hear from Weaver and Gores to explain how they screwed up so bad, but when they talk, you regret they did.

Comment

Working...
                                X