No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theres always one of the Detroit sports teams setting some kind of loss record lol

Comment

• Never stood a chance tonight.

Comment

• One more loss and Monty Williams will hold the all time Pistons consecutive games lost record....Pretty hard to do that in only 25 games but he has done it......Hope he is enjoying all that money....His coaching reputation is going right down the toilet.

Comment

• And yet he keeps marching K Hayes out there night and night out
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Their best 5 man rotation per net rating includes Hayes, Cade and Ivey. The problem with Williams isn't Hayes, it's having Ausar Thompson sit in the corner as a spacer. Or bringing in Sasser and Burks over Ivey.

Comment

• Congratulations to Monty Williams, Troy Weaver, and Tom Gores....You all are now the proud owners of the worst consecutive game losing streak in Detroit pistons history, and who knows they may even break the all time NBA consecutive game streak.

Comment

• At this point Matt Patricia or Brandon Staley would be an upgrade over Monty Williams, he has been that bad. Who would have thought the Pistons downgraded from Dwayne Casey by two or three levels. They have 5 more years of Williams. The team is checked out.

The Cade Cunningham of the second half of his rookie year is gone. I don't know if he can get it back in Detroit or maybe somewhere else.

At least Joe Harris got in today during traditional garbage time. I say traditional garbage time because some might argue correctly that garbage time against this team starts close to the opening whistle.

On the radio Jim Costa was arguing that the team has a shot at 2-80. It seems unlikely they will get a win against the top 22 teams. Their only hope is against one of the bottom 8.

Comment

• The Ringer has a encouraging stat, of the 8 teams in NBA history that have had a 20 game losing streak, the fastest any of them reached a winning season was 4 seasons later. So they have that going for them.

Comment

• Not that it matters but they’ll end up with the 6th pick of the draft
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      The Ringer has a encouraging stat, of the 8 teams in NBA history that have had a 20 game losing streak, the fastest any of them reached a winning season was 4 seasons later. So they have that going for them.
                      So just in time to re-up Monty?
                      "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Pistons are 17.5 underdogs to the well rested Bucks tonight. The losing streak certainly gets to 23 games by the time the Lions kickoff.

Keep in mind that losing 29 games in a row is the objective here. Might as well break the record!
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                          Pistons are 17.5 underdogs to the well rested Bucks tonight. The losing streak certainly gets to 23 games by the time the Lions kickoff.

Keep in mind that losing 29 games in a row is the objective here. Might as well break the record!
                          Right we've come this far might as well finish the job

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            At this point Matt Patricia or Brandon Staley would be an upgrade over Monty Williams, he has been that bad. Who would have thought the Pistons downgraded from Dwayne Casey by two or three levels. They have 5 more years of Williams. The team is checked out.

The Cade Cunningham of the second half of his rookie year is gone. I don't know if he can get it back in Detroit or maybe somewhere else.

At least Joe Harris got in today during traditional garbage time. I say traditional garbage time because some might argue correctly that garbage time against this team starts close to the opening whistle.

On the radio Jim Costa was arguing that the team has a shot at 2-80. It seems unlikely they will get a win against the top 22 teams. Their only hope is against one of the bottom 8.
                            Some team will load manage their top 6 players against the Pistons and they will get a few wins they shouldnt have got....I think the Pistons under/over before the season started was 28.5 or something like that...How'd you like to have the over on that bet?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              Not that it matters but they’ll end up with the 6th pick of the draft
                              I thought it was # 5, but who cares?

That is the core of the problem; the Piston's inability to draft stars even when given the chance.

2017: Luke Kennard (#12) over Donivan Mitchell (#13) or Jaren Jackson Jr. (#15)
                              2018: No first-round pick
                              2019 : Sekou Doumbouya
                              2020: Killian Hayes (#7) over Tyrese Haliburton (# 12)
                              2021: Cade Cunningham over Franz Wagner (#8). Admittedly a draft without a star.

I understand there are hits and misses, but these are just the facts.

I think the only hope is for the Pistons to trade Cade Cunningham to OKC in exchange for several of the draft picks OKC has stockpiled. In business, the sooner you stop trying to make something work that is obviously not working, the faster you can get underway with trying something new. Troy Weaver is a disaster. He has burdened us with owing a 1st round pick to the Knicks and owing millions to a coach who was unable to "mold" a team with Kevin Durant, Devon Booker, Deandre Ayton, Mikal Bridges, and Chris Paul into a contender.

The sooner we start over, the better, and Cade is the only top-100 player we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

Some team will load manage their top 6 players against the Pistons and they will get a few wins they shouldnt have got....I think the Pistons under/over before the season started was 28.5 or something like that...How'd you like to have the over on that bet?
                                Maybe, but they have already played a bunch of games like this and they have gotten flattened.

Comment

Working...
                                X