Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Nobody should want him trading anything. He could make it even worse. Fun fact, they have won 4 games total since the traded Saddiq Bey for James Wiseman.
    Weaver has a lot of smartest guy in the room/i'm playing 4 dimensional chess vibes to him. There's never seemed to be a coherent plan without squinting really, really hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post

Weaver has a lot of smartest guy in the room/i'm playing 4 dimensional chess vibes to him. There's never seemed to be a coherent plan without squinting really, really hard.
      The sad thing is that he’s 1000 times better than SVG
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Eh, it's not hard to tear it all down and be terrible. Clear off the old contracts, make mostly obvious draft picks, do next to nothing in FA.

Comment

• He is not better than SVG, the team just broke a franchise record for a losing streak in his 4th season. He is awful, if you are a fan of The Process then you might like him. All he is doing is collecting ping pong balls for a 5 straight season. The NBA stepped in on the Sixers after 4 seasons of this nonsense.

Comment

• SVG missed very badly on 2 draft picks that could have really springed the Pistons....At least his teams were close to .500 most of the time....

Comment

• SVG was bad but at least the teams competed. This is the worst, this team is much worse now than a couple years. Weaver has been gutting the team to maximize ping pong balls. They are trotting out a starting lineup with an average age of 21 years old, that's madness.

Comment

• I’m so disappointed and discouraged by this season that Froot is probably right. SVG had the Pistons stuck in purgatory land. Whereas this year 4 Troy Weaver team is so terrible that winning a game is a hard task.

It’s not like Weaver was stuck in an impossible position immediately after SVG. Ed Stefanski’s 2 year GM tenure helped clear the decks for the next GM. To show no progress at this point is an embarrassment for the organization. I mean, come on… poor Pistons fans since 2008:
                Checkout the latest and historical year by year stats of Detroit Pistons along with the list of all time top 12 players and more on Basketball-Reference.com
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Weaver started out with promise at first. The Jerami Grant signing was a great signing, the draft picks looked OK for awhile. But they are petrified of signing players to extensions. That's why they traded Grant and traded Bey. He loves to collect big men who don't fit in today's NBA. Wiseman is not good, he can't play defense and he can't shoot. The trade made no sense when they already had Stewart, Duren and Bagley.

Weaver comes from the OKC, where Presti and Hinke come from. They are content to sit around gathering ping pong balls. Weaver is doing that but he isn't acquiring extra picks for helping out all these teams like Presti did.

Purgatory stinks in the NBA, but tank, tank tank is even worse.

Comment

• Down 14 at the end of the 1st quarter. It appears Ivey has been nailed to the bench so they can play Burks, Sasser and Knox.

Comment

• Was close to the Knicks, but lost again tonight by 6.
                      "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                      My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
                        Was close to the Knicks, but lost again tonight by 6.
                        They actually shot pretty well tonight but got outshot at the free throw line 28-17 and turned the ball over way too many times (again) 20....Ausur had 5 fouls in 13 minutes and Ivey had 3 fouls in the first 5 minutes he played.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

They actually shot pretty well tonight but got outshot at the free throw line 28-17 and turned the ball over way too many times (again) 20....Ausur had 5 fouls in 13 minutes and Ivey had 3 fouls in the first 5 minutes he played.
                          This team is a major mess.

Weaver has lot to answer for, and I'm starting to tire of his excuses.
                          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

Cade had 7 TO’s and Ivey barely played. What the hell is happening?
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              SVG was bad but at least the teams competed. This is the worst, this team is much worse now than a couple years. Weaver has been gutting the team to maximize ping pong balls. They are trotting out a starting lineup with an average age of 21 years old, that's madness.
                              It’s hard to argue with that considering the record that looking at and the bigs mess is so weird. I truly don’t understand the rationale. What sense does this make?
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• They changed things up a little last night where Hayes was clearly the point guard and Cunningham was playing off the ball and that seemed to be working. There was a 5 minute stretch in the second quarter where Ivey joined them with Duren and Livers and they went on a run.

They got way too many fouls because they are not good on defense. They don't communicate well and they don't move their feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X