No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still can’t believe we ended up with the 5th pick. What a bunch of bull shit
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• That's the way lotteries work.

Comment

• Thanks for the taking the time to post that piece of wisdom
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• You are the guy who talks about the need to tank. That's like your thing, you like to say, "Tank!". Well when you tank, you have a fifty percent chance to get the #5. That's what they got, it's why tanking kind of sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            That's the way lotteries work.
            Right draw the Spurs with the 4th and 1st pick and have the Pistons (who werent drawn at all) and Rockets fight for the 4th pick.....There wasnt a person on the planet that didnt say this draft was rigged and San Antonio was going to win the rights to Victor......Even the oddsmakers had SA as the favorite to land that pick....It jsut once again shows there is most likely shady things about the NBA, a league that is 100% all about what makes them the most money.

Comment

• Im ok with them not landing VW but landing 5th was a gut punch. I know the percentages but it’s garbage. The NBA lottery needs a revamp
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

Right draw the Spurs with the 4th and 1st pick and have the Pistons (who werent drawn at all) and Rockets fight for the 4th pick.....There wasnt a person on the planet that didnt say this draft was rigged and San Antonio was going to win the rights to Victor......Even the oddsmakers had SA as the favorite to land that pick....It jsut once again shows there is most likely shady things about the NBA, a league that is 100% all about what makes them the most money.
                Rigged, yeah, the NBA wants one of the small market teams to get the #1. People will rationalize anything in their mind to say something was rigged. It's ping pong balls and probability. Did the NBA rig it for the Pistons to get Cade Cunningham or was that a legitimate lottery?

They have changed the rules on the draft multiple times but you are trading bad outcomes. If you make it easier for the worst team to get the number 1 pick more teams would vie to be the worst team. If you change where teams in the lottery all have an equal chance, the teams vying for the last couple spots in the playoffs would be much more likely to tank.

No matter how you arrange a lottery, there are going to be perverse effects. The most important thing is not to be bad that you are continually in the lottery and cheering on losing games by January.

I posted that bit on Cade, because it was pretty positive news for the Pistons and the first post in reply was more "way, wahing" about the lottery.

Comment

• No, see, THAT draft didn't have a transcendent talent, so the league could throw THAT bone the Pistons way to deflect the rigging of the lottery for when it really matters!

The sort of people who buy into conspiracy theories grossly overestimate the competence of the people in charge, whether it is in sports or anywhere.

We've seen what happens when more than about three people try to conspire anything, and we've seen it happen repeatedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    No, see, THAT draft didn't have a transcendent talent, so the league could throw THAT bone the Pistons way to deflect the rigging of the lottery for when it really matters!

The sort of people who buy into conspiracy theories grossly overestimate the competence of the people in charge, whether it is in sports or anywhere.

We've seen what happens when more than about three people try to conspire anything, and we've seen it happen repeatedly.
                    Haha! You know that the thought crossed your mind.

Bottom line is that it just sucks to be shitty and have shitty luck.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• We actually already know the reason why the draft lottery isn't shown live. It would be boring as hell, defeat the suspense, and be a logistical nightmare. Just imagine...

"The #1 pick goes to... The San Antonio Spurs!"

"The #2 pick goes to... the Houston Rockets!"

"The #3 pick goes to... the Hous... shit. Okay... redraw..."

"The #3 pick goes to... The San... for fuck's sake. Just pull the rest of San Antonio and Houston's balls out of the hamper!"

"Houston alone has 14 more balls in there. You willing to wait a half hour while we pluck out every one? Because the viewers aren't."

"Hah! Half our viewers already changed the channel after the #1 pick was called!"

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Haha! You know that the thought crossed your mind.

Bottom line is that it just sucks to be shitty and have shitty luck.
                        Not really, honestly.

1) Pre-draft hype doesn't necessarily translate to a transcendent career. The NBA isn't going to risk completely blowing their credibility as a professional league stacking the deck for Greg Oden.

2) The Pistons's luck in the lottery actually hasn't been that terrible; in fact they've been on the LUCKIER end of it. I put out a link a while back that showed the Pistons are actually AHEAD of the curve when it comes to positions dropped. The least lucky teams have (iirc) been the New York Knicks and Philadelphia (which the conspiracy minded would think would benefit the most from a rigged lottery).

Comment

• Scoot is proclaiming he’ll win rookie of the year. That’s lofty considering VW will be playing for it too. Love his outfit in the below pic. Looks like he stormed Princes closet

scoot-getty.png
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• He's probably right, he is going to great from the start.

Comment

• Scoot could very likely be Rookie of the Year. Wembanyama is already demonstrating he's got a bit of a heavy learning curve just from his Summer League showings, so it's quite possible he's not gonna hit the ground running.

Comment

• People are raving that Cade was really damned good at some Team USA scrimmages this last week. That's fantastic.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X