Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was pretty good
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Doesn't sound like much to me...

NBA investigates referee for defending himself and other referees with a burner account

Posted by Mike Florio on May 28, 2023, 10:00 PM EDT

Getty Images

From time to time, we’ll post something about another pro sports league if there’s something happening there that could easily happen in the NFL.

The NBA, according to ESPN.com, has launched an investigation regarding whether referee Eric Lewis used a burner account on Twitter to respond to posts regarding basketball officiating, defense himself and other NBA referees in the process.

The account, now deleted, appeared under the username “Blair Cutcliffe.”

NBA referees are not permitted to comment publicly on officiating without permission.

It’s not the first NBA officiating scandal, and far from the worst. Years ago, Tim Donaghy was involved in a conspiracy to fix games.

The NFL has had officiating scandals from time to time, usually involving bad calls or alleged comments made to players. During the 2012 lockout, a replacement official was pulled from a Saints-Panthers game after evidence emerged that he is a rabid Saints fan.

Despite the prevalence of social media, the NFL has had only one real burner account issue, when it was learned that the Commissioner’s wife had a burner account that she used both to defend him and to attack his critics.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Changing my finals prediction from Nuggets in 6 to Nuggets in 5. I want the Heat to win, but don’t see it happening… unless everyone is sleeping on the quality of the Eastern Conference. Nuggets have the best player in the league. Another star. Quality coaching. Well rounded team based on the other guys.

Go ‘Playoff Jimmy’ and the Heat!!! Very much looking forward to this if the Heat can stay competitive…
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It's a rare case where I like both teams in the Finals. I'm rooting for Denver because they've been the best team all year long and the franchise hasn't had much success over the years.

Comment

• I will be cheering for Denver to win their first ever NBA title.

Comment

• I agree that both teams are likable. My buddy will owe me $40 if the Heat win though… so selfishly have to root for the Heat. Plus this might be the last opportunity for Playoff Jimmy to lead a team to a title. Doubt it happens… Nuggets in 5.

Wonder if the Pistons are waiting for Heat assistant coach Chris Quinn at this point. I remember Quinn balled out against Michigan in like 2006. Annoyed me at the time… The Tommy Amaker Michigan days.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I was listening to the Bill Simmons podcast on Sunday and they went over the new CBA rules and here were a couple of the really interesting new rules.

1. Two luxury tax aprons. Next year the first apron is at 169 and the second apron is 179.5.
                2. If you are at the second apron, you team cannot sign mid level exemption guys, cannot sign buyout guys and cannot trade 1st round draft picks 7 years out.

They seemed to think it would create a system where you have 2 big max guys and a bunch of low paid players.

I have no idea what is going to happen until it happens but I would guess these things are going to happen.
                1. A lot of players are going to be available in the next two years so these teams can get below the second apron.
                2. I think there is going to be a lot less max contracts. It use to be teams would max out players even if it meant they were overpaid.
                3. This new CBA is going to make team building like the 2004 Pistons more realistic. I think the days of trying to assemble a big 3 and filling out the team with old vets chasing rings is going to be over (it kind of already is).

Comment

• Sounds promising. Pros and cons for however they elected to make up the CBA deal.

The Warriors situation and other super teams in the past got out of control.

Surprising development for the Pistons:

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• 10 mil a year for Williams! I’ll give Gores one thing, he’s not afraid to spend to get what he wants.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm not sure Williams is the guy but people around the league love him and the team needs an established coach. You can't go through a coach with OJT. What they did to Casey was criminal and detrimental to the franchise. They made him in charge of daycare in a true Men's league., so I hat makes the job even harder There needs to be a culture changer.

Comment

• If the Pistons think they need a culture change, that would explain why Ollie was so high on their list.
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Ollie is OJT. You can't bring in a greenhorn NBA coach to do that no matter how many puff pieces you post.on the guy.

I'm talking about finding an established guy to.come.im to this place.and actually has some stroke to cast out players instead of guaranteed time like we saw with James Wiseman.

Comment

• I'd rather have Frank Vogel

Comment

• Williams is a like the perfect “TV Dad.” You can lean on him and he will be there, but when the time comes, you need to move out of the house. He’s perfect for us with a bunch of young guys. I don’t think he’s going to climb the mountain, but whatever, we’re so far away from that anyways.

Comment

• Williams is known as a mature people person. He’s been through a lot in his life. He will hold our young guys accountable.

Comment

Working...
                                X