No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiseman put up good numbers but I didnt see the game. Did anyone watch?

Hayes is really doing well for our tanking. He's Killian it.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He looked like a highly skilled 7’. Which is what he’s always looked like.

Comment

• It was good and bad. Mostly good though. You can see the kid has some talent. Yesterday you could also see that he's new with the team. Spacing was off and a few times he was bumping into other players. But all in all it was a plus night for him.

The Stones need a defensive coach to teach them something better. OR maybe bring Big Ben in to teach the subtleties of team rebounding. You can't be a bad defensive AND bad rebounding team and expect to win many games.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• This just in, Marcus Smart is a really really good defensive player.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
            This just in, Marcus Smart is a really really good defensive player.
            Yeah, he pisses me the hell off because he gets the benefit of the doubt and gets away with a lot of stuff others wouldn't. But it was the same with Big Ben - when you are that good at what you do, the refs tend to let push the boundaries more than others.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
              He looked like a highly skilled 7’. Which is what he’s always looked like.
              That’s a plus
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Killian looks like he is back to being Killian again......

Comment

• They probably do need a new coach and maybe the new voice gets through defensively but for the most part this is a youth and talent issue on defense. At nearly every point Weaver has opted for an offensive player and youth and it shows defensively. The only veteran worth a crap on defense was Jeremi Grant.

A guy like Ben Wallace would have a hell of a time trying to find minutes now. His style of play thrived in an era where teams were grinding it out with limited possessions

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    They probably do need a new coach and maybe the new voice gets through defensively but for the most part this is a youth and talent issue on defense. At nearly every point Weaver has opted for an offensive player and youth and it shows defensively. The only veteran worth a crap on defense was Jeremi Grant.

A guy like Ben Wallace would have a hell of a time trying to find minutes now. His style of play thrived in an era where teams were grinding it out with limited possessions
                    Plumlee was solid defensively.
                    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• He didn't last long here, Weaver dealt him in a salary dump trade. Lots of busy work with no real progress. But give Weaver credit for confidence, he is seldom right but never in doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        He didn't last long here, Weaver dealt him in a salary dump trade. Lots of busy work with no real progress. But give Weaver credit for confidence, he is seldom right but never in doubt.
                        I'm confused. Seldom right? I'm no lackey, but what has he gotten wrong aside from Hayes over Haliburton, including that 1st round pick in the Stewart trade, and trading Bruce Brown? There haven't been any breakout stars ... but I see a series of right decisions for the most part:

Stewart and Bey were solid values at their draft slots and one traded for a quality gamble 2nd overall pick in Wiseman

Cunningham almost consensus top pick (some might have taken Mobley)

Ivey and Duren draft is a haul

Grant (turned into Duren), Plumlee, Olynyk (turned into Bogey) solid FA signings.

Lyles (solid reclamation signing) and Jackson (ditto) turned into Bagley ... ok he did give Bagley too much money

Guys like Livers, Lee and Garza are 2nd rounders who are sticking in the league.

Diallo was a nice trade

Weaver has made many good moves. He just hasn't had that big breakout guy yet. Haliburton sure would've been nice

Comment

• It is hard to put your finger on it...i can see Forsh' argument all the way....but....for some reason the team doesnt win.....they just dont seem to improve even though on paper it does look like he wins his trades and does pretty well drafting (other than Killian)....Maybe the next move needs to be the coach? I was under the impression that Casey was brought in because of his work with the young players on Toronto that improved alot, but maybe they were just good players?

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                            It is hard to put your finger on it...i can see Forsh' argument all the way....but....for some reason the team doesnt win.....they just dont seem to improve even though on paper it does look like he wins his trades and does pretty well drafting (other than Killian)....Maybe the next move needs to be the coach? I was under the impression that Casey was brought in because of his work with the young players on Toronto that improved alot, but maybe they were just good players?
                            I think it's part Casey and part that they're just still building and content with playing through the errors. Basically losing the 1st overall pick for the whole season is huge, too.

A lot hinges on Cade mainly because he projects to have the ball so much. He needs to shoot way better no matter what.

They have no excuses next year, especially if the coach changes. At least 2 very talented offensive bigs in Wiseman/Bagley, plus 2 rebounder/ defender types in Duren/Stew. That's really, really enough at the big spots, especially since all except Duren can shoot.

Then you toss in Cade, Ivey, Bogey, and a very high pick ... they just have to get better. Have to

Comment

• Any great leaps forward this year depended on Cade going up another level or two. Cade going down pretty much killed any hopes of being a play in contender.

Casey is known (much like Coach John b.) As being very tough on young points.

Very young teams just don't win on a consistent basis in the NBA.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• For me they have to actually have to compete next year, this endless tanking is for the birds. If you look at most of Forsh's laundry list of good things Weaver has done, you would think they should have more than 15 wins. I categorize most of these good things as busy work. Start fucking winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X