No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo reporting the trade will go through. GS will not pass Glove Jr. Physical. NBA will investigate if Portland withheld info.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Yeah, that's really what's strange about the whole deal. Bey was not going to be the player Pistons fans wanted him to be, and he had no real future in Detroit. But Wiseman? That's really the best Weaver could get?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        Yeah, that's really what's strange about the whole deal. Bey was not going to be the player Pistons fans wanted him to be, and he had no real future in Detroit. But Wiseman? That's really the best Weaver could get?
        According to reports, Bey was not highly valued around the league because 1) He has offensively regressed since his rookie year and 2) He was wanting a pretty decent extension (just a guess I am thinking that was probably north of 15+ million).
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• He was more valued around the league than Wiseman though. They are on the hook for that stiff for 12 million next year. Bey may have regressed, but Wiseman has never progressed to the point where you can say he is an NBA player.

And the notion that Bey regressed is a little suspect. The team has been slavishly devoted to tanking that the team is much, much worse than it was during Bey's rookie year. That year they had to bench players to ensure the tank, not so this year. There are literally 3 centers in the league who are great players and they all set up facing to the basket 20 feet away. The Pistons have a GM stocking up on centers like it's 2000 and Shaq is in the league.

Comment

• Draymond Green on his recent podcast has this to say about Wiseman:

“Number one I want to say to James Wiseman, Jimmy Wise, not an ideal start to your NBA Career. I mean not ideal at all,” Green said in a recent episode of his podcast.

“Being moved to the Detroit Pistons gives James an opportunity to restart that and I think that’s such a beautiful thing.

“I feel like in this trade James Wiseman gets what he needs and the Warriors got what they need.”

“James Wiseman needs to go somewhere where he can play, where he can get minutes and reps and he’s not expected to compete at a championship level,” he continued.

“He’s super talented, super skilled, just haven’t had the reps.”

Comment

• Watching some of Wiseman’s highlights are insane. I know he’s looked completely lost out there but man when he’s on he’s electric.

He dunks from distance and with authority. He could be special or he could be JAG. Time will tell
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I remember a guy named Chauncy Billips who was acquired mid-season and most had given up on him too. There is also Marvin Bagley III who isn't working out IMO.

But any team that has to start Nerlins Noel for a game can probably use another big man. Stewart can now play the four and develop there. I think we are in a better position than before the trade.

Comment

• Chaincey wasn't acquired midseason. He was a free agent acquisition after he had turned his career around with the T-Pups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                    I remember a guy named Chauncy Billips who was acquired mid-season and most had given up on him too. There is also Marvin Bagley III who isn't working out IMO.

But any team that has to start Nerlins Noel for a game can probably use another big man. Stewart can now play the four and develop there. I think we are in a better position than before the trade.
                    From what I have seen, Bagley needs Cade running the show to be at his best.....Killian Hayes is an OK passer but he doesnt get to the rim as easily as Cade does...Double Cade and he dishes to Bagley for an easy bucket...He doesnt get that with Killian.

Comment

• Fellas - Marvin Bagley has been hurt a couple times this season. He hasn't played since 1/2. Also he is getting paid 12 million the next two years.

Comment

• Froot, are you suggesting that you don't trust "The Process?"

Comment

• They haven't shown much to suggest they are on the right path. This endless to us on centers is just puzzling. We went through this 10 years ago when it was apparent that Greg Monroe and and Andre Drummond were good players for another era, not this era. They just keep on touching that stove. Hopefully I'm just blind to this great progress. They drafted a good center in Duren, who does every a modern center does you don't need more.

Comment

• I think part of that was they were getting killed inside by teams like the 76ers, Cavs, and Boston.....Nerlens Noel should be waived, Bagley is still hurt, and Stewart is too small to play center often....I guess these last games will give the Pistons a look at Wiseman then Weaver can make some moves in the offseason to remedy the problem.....well hopefully anyway.

Comment

• They will still get killed inside, Wiseman is terrible defensively. It's why he could never get any time when he was healthy in GS.

Comment

• Great gamble on Wiseman. Very skilled player. Let him play.

Comment

Working...
                                X