No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I always thought the people who really complained about the teal jerseys were really complaining about the mediocre product on the court. If you were complaining about the Teal Era you it was because it was nearly sandwiched by the Bad Boys era and the Going to Work Pistons. I didn't care for the jersey change at the time, but they are OK for throwback jerseys. Just don't bring back the gray Piston jerseys from the 80s.

pANDs
    The Teal Era Pistons were much better than the last 10 years of teams.

Comment

• That's all true. My daughter wants an updated Stackhouse jersey. I got her one when she was small and the name went all across her back. She loved Stackhouse and the jersey. I am glad that I have a shot to get one that's not 25 years old.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I still have my G Hill white with the teal underlining jersey.

I always thought the white/teal jerseys were better then the white/red & blue jerseys.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• This, and Jaadam hating on the teal reminds me of people thinking the Lions should change their jerseys and colors to be winners. What hog wash.

Comment

• I didn’t watch the Grant Hill era. Not judging the past product on the court. Simply the look of the jersey. I like it… it’s refreshing…. Too many red-white-blue color teams in the NBA.

Terry Foster is mostly correct about the news relating to sales. That’s the whole point, isn’t it?

At the same time, it’s a nice look IMO. Who else wears teal in the NBA? Unique.
            Last edited by Cody_Russell; July 26, 2022, 08:52 AM. Reason: Spell check
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              I always thought the people who really complained about the teal jerseys were really complaining about the mediocre product on the court. If you were complaining about the Teal Era you it was because it was nearly sandwiched by the Bad Boys era and the Going to Work Pistons. I didn't care for the jersey change at the time, but they are OK for throwback jerseys. Just don't bring back the gray Piston jerseys from the 80s.

pANDs
              The Teal Era Pistons were much better than the last 10 years of teams.
              I thought they looked hideous. They could win the next five titles wearing them and I'd think they look hideous.

But it's not like some sort of cursed design that will ruin this fledgling team or something like that. And you're right, compared to some other alternate jerseys, it's clear other teams went much further down the rabbit hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                I didn’t watch the Grant Hill era. Not judging the past product on the court. Simply the look of the jersey. I like it… it’s refreshing…. Too many red-white-blue color teams in the NBA.

Terry Foster is mostly correct about the news relating to sales. That’s the whole point, isn’t it?

At the same time, it’s a nice look IMO. Who else wears teal in the NBA? Unique.
                Charlotte and another that I can't remember at the moment.

Comment

• New Orleans occasionally does, if I remember correctly.

Vancouver/Memphis used to. I think now they're more light blue, though.

Comment

• One of the complaints about the teal jerseys at the time was they were chasing a fad because it was the hot color of uniforms. To me uniforms are uniforms, lot of them look hideous at the time and then you get used to them to the point where you don't notice them. If I were the designer, I would have shit canned the yellow and orange piping and made the numbers in a different font. The uniforms were the epitome of a hat on a hat design.

Comment

• What was the deal with the horse, though? horsepower?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                        What was the deal with the horse, though? horsepower?
                        Yeah. You really don't need (or want) to think too deeply about the design decisions of that abortion to eyesight.

Comment

• That was the problem, if you wanted to introduce the horsepower aspect, simply put the horse on with the emblem and stop with all of the other busy shit.

As long as they don't bring back that robot piston mascot with human hands from the 50s, that's nightmare fuel.

Comment

• I am glad I missed that. Robots with human hands are the things nightmares are made of.

Comment

• Although human hands aside the Zollner Piston is menacing. With the human hands it becomes a Dr. Who character.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Charlotte and another that I can't remember at the moment.
                                Ah, yeah… that’s true. I thought Charlotte was a lighter blue color. I guess it’s technically teal.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X