No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw this sentiment a few times, but I could never understand why anyone would think Grant and his contract would have netted a lottery pick this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

The pick will be in the 20s, Milwaukee isn't going anywhere.
      Giannis might not be in Milwaukee. 3 years is a long time. He might want out; they might decide not to pay $50 mil a year. Anything could happen. When Blake resigned in LA who thought he'd be in Detroit a couple years later? Who could have foresaw Golden State having a 15 win season. Shit happens. Could end up being an nice pick.

Also this may have been more about cap space than the draft pick. With Cade and Bey the Pistons have enough money to go big and protect their young guys.

Comment

• Giannis will be in Milwaukee in 2025, mark it down. Milwaukee was over the moon that he signed the extension and they will gladly pay 50 million in 2025. Any thought that Milwaukee will suddenly be a lotto team in 2025 is laughable. That is an extreme dose of hopium.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          I saw this sentiment a few times, but I could never understand why anyone would think Grant and his contract would have netted a lottery pick this year.
          I never did understand it, but it's was more believable than the Bucks pick being a high pick in 2025.

Comment

I saw this sentiment a few times, but I could never understand why anyone would think Grant and his contract would have netted a lottery pick this year.
            It was more about the seemingly desperate state of Portland. The interest with Dame and Grant ... win now with Dame. Aside from that, the return was about right
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Lol!!!

JERAMI GRANT TRADED TO PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS FOR NOTHING!
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Such a fake ass ball throw at the beginning. Scripted worse than wrestling
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Giannis will still be in his prime in 2024/2025 barring unexpected body issues. It’s nothing to bank on. Holiday and Middleton could be aging (or not all-star caliber) by then though. There could always be a major Giannis injury. Can’t predict it. Ultimately, I will only envision the pick be in the 20s as previously mentioned. Lucky to get anything better.

Updated odds for 4th and 5th pick:

4th.
                  - Ivey -210
                  - Murray +155
                  - Daniels +1100
                  Etc.

5th.
                  - Murray +110
                  - Ivey +200
                  - Mathurin +210
                  - Daniels +450
                  - Sharpe +1000
                  Etc. Long shots.

EDIT: There was some weird Banchero odds movement last night, but it bounced back in Smith’s favor for #1 after the Woj tweet this morning.
                  Last edited by Cody_Russell; June 23, 2022, 12:40 PM.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

He averaged almost 20 PPG..he was 42nd in the league in scoring....DO 20 PPG scorers grow on trees now? You can say he doesnt measure up to his contract but not many do...They are all way overpaid. I think he could have netted a lotto pick, but the Pistons would have had to take a big salary back in return (and someone not as good if they can even play at all)....This trade was clearly a salary dump, as many NBA trades are now....

Comment

• There are a ton of potential 20 PPG scorers in the NBA. Most of them don't get the touches needed to score that much.

Comment

• Ivey rocking Buffs…

Comment

• I like it.

DETROIT PISTONS (5.) Bennedict Mathurin, Wing, Arizona
                          After trading Jerami Grant to the Blazers, the Pistons opened over $40 million in cap space. Now they can make pricey offers to free agents such as Deandre Ayton, Miles Bridges, and Jalen Brunson. It seems probable that Brunson will remain in Dallas, so while Keegan Murray is in strong consideration here, for now Mathurin remains the pick. People around the league have been gossiping about how Mathurin apparently had an incredible workout with Detroit, and members of that front office are infatuated with him—as they should be, given how he can thrive alongside Cade Cunningham. Mathurin was a bucket-getter using off-ball actions before taking on a primary ball handler role as a sophomore. That suggests he can share the ball with Cunningham, who is as versatile as they come. For Cunningham to reach his greatest heights, he’ll need to share the ball with others. Mathurin could be the ideal choice.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I hope Ivey makes it to Detroit but it is hard to see him falling.

Comment

• There we go. Ivey is there for Detroit.

Comment

• WOW! That is awesome. Welcome to Detroit Jaden Ivey!

Comment

Working...
                                X