No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunson has made himself a ton of money with his play in the playoffs. I can't imagine Dallas letting him go.

Comment

• Agree. Dallas should do whatever they can to try to keep Brunson. A max contract could make things difficult for Dallas… that’s probably what the Pistons would have to offer to have a chance at signing him. Cuban still might go deep into the luxury tax penalty to keep Brunson.

Brunson will be 26 years old starting next season. Proven to be a very good starting guard in the playoffs. I would feel much better about offering this money to Brunson when compared to Ayton.

Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
      Yeah. Since his name came up here I've been watching him and dude competes. He is always coming and is fearless. Often times going to the bowl against much bigger opponents. But, he has a good stroke from deep too.

I like him.
      Agree!
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
        This is why I brought it up:

Again, I don’t think the Suns re-sign Ayton. Some team will offer Ayton the max and the Suns won’t match IMO.

Very risky. This could accelerate the Pistons competitiveness with Cade if it’s a hit. At least in the regular season. If Ayton flames out like several bigs in recent history… the contract would be devastating to deal with.
        There’s only a few teams with that kind of cap space. Most NBA teams are f’ed next season and have very little.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          This is why I brought it up:

Again, I don’t think the Suns re-sign Ayton. Some team will offer Ayton the max and the Suns won’t match IMO.

Very risky. This could accelerate the Pistons competitiveness with Cade if it’s a hit. At least in the regular season. If Ayton flames out like several bigs in recent history… the contract would be devastating to deal with.
          I'm lukewarm on Ayton but if you try to get him, I wouldn't do a sign and trade. That would be my line in the sand. I would offer him the 4 year max as a restricted free agent. But I think there will be enough interest in him that it takes a sign and trade.

Comment

• If Pistons land Ayton I'd be incredibly happy. We lack what he brings and I'd say that the menacing presence inside is the biggest need we have.

Comment

• Mo Bamba would give us the same at a cheaper price.

Comment

• Ayton is significantly better, but yes… there would be no financial risk when it comes to Bamba. Similar theme for Detroit professional sports teams in recent years. A 1 year prove it contract for a guy with potential… Usually hasn’t worked.

Option 1: Draft Ivey or Sharpe, maybe go after Ayton.
                Option 2: Draft Murray, definitely go after Brunson. Sexton as a backup plan.

I might like option 2 better even though Ivey is my guy. I’ll try to take my biased side (PURDUE) out of it.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Ayton isn't dominant in any one area, but he's pretty good all around. Not the shotblocker I want, but he what he does do is can switch out to three. That's very rare for a center. Seems to play a bit on Island Time as a Bahamian. You want to see more fire.

Comment

• Watching the playoffs, you need to be throw out lineups that can play big and small. Last year Ayton was that type of player. This year was a different case, he was a non factor in the Dallas series.

Someone said that not many centers are close to Embiid. That is true, but if you are spending big money on a center you need to have a guy close to the Embiid type. You have like 4 to 5 centers that you can build a team around. Ayton isn't one of those guys but he can guard those guys.

If you can't get Ayton and your alternative is Mo Bamba, I would rather continue with a Bagley/Stewart platoon scenario and find a cheap vet big guy in free agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Watching the playoffs, you need to be throw out lineups that can play big and small. Last year Ayton was that type of player. This year was a different case, he was a non factor in the Dallas series.

Someone said that not many centers are close to Embiid. That is true, but if you are spending big money on a center you need to have a guy close to the Embiid type. You have like 4 to 5 centers that you can build a team around. Ayton isn't one of those guys but he can guard those guys.

If you can't get Ayton and your alternative is Mo Bamba, I would rather continue with a Bagley/Stewart platoon scenario and find a cheap vet big guy in free agency.
                      I don't think Embiid is all he is cracked up to be. To me kind of the early AI type of person. Me me me me me. Those guys win games but I don't think that wins many rings. IMO Bagley is a great rotation guy. Good energy off the bench. I don't like Stewart. Hoping to someday get a cheap veteran is not going to result in wins. Guy like Cade would pair nicely with Ayton. Along with Bey, and whoever @ 5 and (if we keep him) Grant and we are starting to look like a contender. Especially with a solid bench rotation of Hayes, Bagley, Hami.

Comment

• Embiid is pretty damned good bro.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'd take Embiid, he works his ass off. The barking and all that shit is annoying but it doesn't make him a me, me,me player. He has maxed out the results with the way that team is built. Like I said before, the process failed. Sometimes as a player you get stuck in situations where you are going to have a hell of a hard time trying to win a title. The Sixers have no discernible winning culture and they banked everything on the Process. They haven't had stability in the front office and now are.relying on Daryl Morey who banks a lot of shit on Harden. So far Embiid has had one season of prime Jimmy Butler, a few seasons of really good Ben Simmons until he went off the deep end and that's about it.

His coaches have been Brett Brown and Doc Rivers. Brown was one of the guys responsible for the Sixers getting rid of Butler. Rivers is a stubborn coach who is not very innovative. He was so stubborn this playoffs that he kept on running out DeAndre Jordan out there when it was killing the Sixers.

Comment

• Embiid is great. He had so many early injuries, and could've easily shut it down, but he turned into an mvp candidate instead. After starting to play at a later age then missing years ... shouldn't have happened. Franchise player
                            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Embiid is a great talent but he is not a teammate from what I see. I could be wrong. But that talent should have escalated his team but he's never even seen the conf finals. Guys around him are never made better by playing with him. Like I said, like AI or Dwight Howard. Great talent. Never made his team elite though.

Stat sheets are great. But wins are wins. Embiid has never done it in 8 years I think even when surround by tons of high draft picks.

Comment

• 1. He has only played 6 seasons.
                                2. The high draft picks he has been surrounded by are Jahlil Okafor, Ben Simmons, Markelle Fultz, He is not responsible for any of their failures.
                                3. This year's Sixers team is a lotto team without him.
                                4. This is very similar to people who blamed Staffo d for the Lion failures, you need talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X