No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was playing high school ball in October, it's a weird situation because it was his fifth year in high school. A big unknown if you pick him, he might end up having the highest ceiling. Diallou sat out the season after being an early enrollee, but he played for Kentucky the next season. Sharpe turns 19 in two weeks.

Comment

• Next question is that Portland wants J Grant and the 7th overall pick could be the compensation. I think that’s a no brainer for me. I’d do it
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I don't mind trading Grant, but I would want them to get someone good in free agency to offset losing a vet.

Comment

• I am guessing the Pistons would have to take back some salary in that trade scenario? Or does Portland have some cap space to take on Grant's contract? Initially I don't think they would do the 7th pick for Grant, but I think Dame is about at the end of his Portland rope and they may feel they need to improve and fast.

Comment

• I’m not a huge Murray fan but if they can swing the Grant for the 7th pick I’d take Murray at 5. Then you can be patient at SG and grab Sharpe or Griffen.

That’s a solid haul and a seriously skilled young team. The SVG years were so bad and I never thought we’d see the end but this team has potential to be good for a long time.

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
              I am guessing the Pistons would have to take back some salary in that trade scenario? Or does Portland have some cap space to take on Grant's contract? Initially I don't think they would do the 7th pick for Grant, but I think Dame is about at the end of his Portland rope and they may feel they need to improve and fast.
              Portland has a $20+ million trade exception available from the trades they made around the deadline, so technically they could take most (if not all) of Grant’s deal without the Pistons having to take anything of significance (salary wise) back. I believe the trade exception expires by July, so they’d have to use it by or shortly after the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                Next question is that Portland wants J Grant and the 7th overall pick could be the compensation. I think that’s a no brainer for me. I’d do it
                Piggy backing on this question: Anyone think it's possible to trade #5 & #7 to get into the top 3?

I've always been told that it is quality over quantity in the NBA, so does it make sense?
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Possible? Sure.

Likely? Not really.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    I’m not a huge Murray fan but if they can swing the Grant for the 7th pick I’d take Murray at 5. Then you can be patient at SG and grab Sharpe or Griffen.

That’s a solid haul and a seriously skilled young team. The SVG years were so bad and I never thought we’d see the end but this team has potential to be good for a long time.
                    I’m not sure if Murray will even be up for debate (by fans anyway) when the Pistons pick at 5 (assuming they stay at 5 anyway). With the Kings picking at 4, I wouldn’t rule out Murray going there. I think they want to surround Sabonis with guys who can help him right away, and Murray would complement him well in the front court. Plus they took a guard in Mitchell last year and already have Fox at PG. So with all that said, I think there could be a real chance that Ivey is there at 5. Whether the Pistons go for Ivey or opt for a shooter in Mathurin might become the debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post

I’m not sure if Murray will even be up for debate (by fans anyway) when the Pistons pick at 5 (assuming they stay at 5 anyway). With the Kings picking at 4, I wouldn’t rule out Murray going there. I think they want to surround Sabonis with guys who can help him right away, and Murray would complement him well in the front court. Plus they took a guard in Mitchell last year and already have Fox at PG. So with all that said, I think there could be a real chance that Ivey is there at 5. Whether the Pistons go for Ivey or opt for a shooter in Mathurin might become the debate.
                      But they are both PGs. Ivey would work for them too.
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• You do make a good point about Sabonis though. So they will probably not be looking for Power Forwards?

Comment

• Murray is the best fit for Cunningham if Jabari Smith is out and he most certainly is.

Comment

• There’s nothing the Kings could do that would surprise me. Incompetent decision one after another.
                            Kings did draft Mitchell last year even though they had Fox and Haliburton. Maybe they do it again with Ivey or Sharpe.
                            Ivey is a combo guard. Can initiate the offense or play off the ball. Whereas Sharpe comes across as more of a pure SG.

Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                            Piggy backing on this question: Anyone think it's possible to trade #5 & #7 to get into the top 3?

I've always been told that it is quality over quantity in the NBA, so does it make sense?
                            It would definitely have to be the Rockets at #3 if anything. Then you can compare it to the Doncic/Young draft trade a few years ago.

Magic are sticking at #1. Probably Chet.
                            I can’t see OKC moving down because they need to focus on quality over quantity given their future draft picks.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I can’t believe Sac traded Halliburton. I like his game
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• And you all THOUGHT that Mock Draft Season was over? HA!

Angry Devil GIF by cccomaha

Specializing in drafts with top players on the NBA horizon, player profiles, scouting reports, rankings and prospective international recruits.

2022 Mock Draft

What this means
                                1 Orlando Jabari Smith 6-10 220 PF Auburn Fr.
                                2 Oklahoma Cty Chet Holmgren 7-0 195 PF/C Gonzaga Fr.
                                3 *Houston Paolo Banchero 6-10 250 PF/C Duke Fr.
                                4 *Sacramento Jaden Ivey 6-4 195 PG/SG Purdue So.
                                5 Detroit Keegan Murray 6-8 225 PF Iowa So.
                                6 *Indiana Bennedict Mathurin 6-7 210 SG/SF Arizona So.
                                7 Portland Johnny Davis 6-5 195 SG Wisconsin So.
                                8 *New Orleans Shaedon Sharpe 6-6 210 SG Kentucky Fr.
                                9 San Antonio AJ Griffin 6-6 220 SF Duke Fr.

Comment

Working...
                                X