Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    I've never heard of Shaedon Sharpe before but they say he might be shaking up the top 5-6 picks without playing a game of college ball while being enrolled.
    I hope the Detroit Pistons do their due diligence on Sharpe, making sure that he isn't Darko 2.0 for our team.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
    My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

I hope the Detroit Pistons do their due diligence on Sharpe, making sure that he isn't Darko 2.0 for our team.
      Is he from the eastern block?
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hoping they get the top 3 and not have to worry about him. Although I watched a few of his HS highlights and holy shit can he shoot. I’d still prefer Ivey since he actually played college ball but he’s got a nice shot
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Me too.
          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Sharps looks really good from the highlights I have seen. He’s impressive and most likely climbs up boards. We’re a fucking coin toss from dropping as far as 7th, it’s just reality. Sharpe going pro is a good thing.

Comment

• They are a coin toss chance to be in the top 4. They only have a 7 percent to be #7.

Comment

• I’m just glad we moved up last year Cunningham is awesome. This draft is deep, of course I’d love to move up but it’s not the end of the world if they don’t.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• And they have money
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    And they have money
                    Just don't do what Joe Dumars did for NBA Free Agency in 2009, and sign bums like Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva.

Those 2 signings and the trade the previous year of Chauncey for a washed up Allen Iverson was the beginning of the end for Joe Dumars, though none of us knew it at the time.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                    My friend Ken L

Comment

Just don't do what Joe Dumars did for NBA Free Agency in 2009, and sign bums like Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva.

Those 2 signings and the trade the previous year of Chauncey for a washed up Allen Iverson was the beginning of the end for Joe Dumars, though none of us knew it at the time.

This is the curse of having cap space, you are far more likely to get a Gordon or Villanueva type than some superstar. The time when Orlando got Grant Hill, McGrady and nearly Duncan by merely having cap space is over. The really tippy top guys are rarely available and if they are, they have kind of decided where they are going.

The last time the Pistons spent in free agency was Jerami Grant, so it can be fruitful but that is kind of a solid double signing. They need to get shooting, size and a defender. They lack all three.

Comment

• Joe Dumars was grasping at straws trying to rebuild on the fly. That was the shittiest FA ever and they had shit for young talent.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Those guys were the ones available in free agency when they had cap space. That's the problem with cap space, you rarely have a chance to bid on the open market for a player. The most likely outcome in this upcoming free agency are guys like Valuncunias or Jalen Brunson.

Comment

• True but Dumars built his championship team via misfits of trades and FA. He was trying to catch lightening in a bottle again and failed miserably. Had Kobe Bryant agreed to the trade a few years earlier things could have been different. He should have scrapped that team and started over.

Joey D won us 1 title and damn near another. He had all the slack he needed from fans but he spent unwisely.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The point is having cap space is overrated, when you have cap space but the top free agents are guys like Charlie V and Gordon, you are stuck. There will be some decent free agents available this year, but they will cost more than you think and there is an good chance they turn out to be flops like CV, Gordon, Leuer or Josh Smith.

Comment

• I wish we didn't have any cap space.. there is that better?

Having an aged team and cap space might not be the savior but having a ridiculously young team and cap space is great. You're completely discounting being able to make trades let alone surrounding your core with vets.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X