Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I’m starting to think Ivey is the best player in the draft. That kid is awesome
    I'm still on the Chet train, but yeah the kid is gold.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Any of the top 4 gives us another building block with Cade. Add in that the Pistons have some cap space and we’re looking good.

We’ve come along ways since SVG. That was a complete and utter shit show. It seemed like Groundhog Day. In a terrible way
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• That was the NBA "Quintricia" era for the Pistons. Wipe it all off the books and start over. I had a firm distaste for those teams.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
          That was the NBA "Quintricia" era for the Pistons. Wipe it all off the books and start over. I had a firm distaste for those teams.
          I thought it was a slam dunk of a hire. It didn’t take long to see how bad it was. Once they traded for Griffin you could see how asleep at the wheel everyone from the owner on down actually was. It was really bad
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Speaking of asleep at the wheel. I didn’t see David Bings comments about Cade not being someone that you build a team around.

Dave Bing might be a moron because that sure hasn’t aged well.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Pistons with Cade: 17-37
              Pistons without Cade: 1-14
              Pretty sure Cade makes the team better, Dave Bing.

I honestly have only watched one Gonzaga game this season. No opinion about Chet yet. Plenty of opportunities to see him play in the next couple of weeks. Pretty close between Jabari Smith and Jaden Ivey. Both would be a nice complement to Cade. Leaning Smith because he has elite wing potential. Well rounded. Ivey loses the tiebreaker because he’s too reckless with his body.
              Strong options. Won’t complain if the Pistons have the luxury of picking that high because they’ll get a quality player either way.

Purdue vs Auburn is the championship game pick for my bracket. Would be fun to see Ivey and Smith pop off in the tourney!
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I think Bing didn't realize how bad the injury and lack of training camp hurt Cade in the early going where he looked like shit. He made those comments on 12/13. The dude is 78 years old.

Comment

• I've been watching Auburn all year (my son goes to Auburn) and I went to a few games. Jabari Smith is the real deal.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I thought it was a slam dunk of a hire. It didn’t take long to see how bad it was. Once they traded for Griffin you could see how asleep at the wheel everyone from the owner on down actually was. It was really bad
                    It took you that long?

Years before that, watching them get beat like a drum and Ugmo and Drummond just laughing it up and being childish wasn't the picture I had in my mind when I watch the Pistons. Then Drummond getting punk'd by Embiid was the final straw. I get Embiid being better on the court, but he'd know I'm biting knee-caps. I couldn't stand those teams.

I went from going to at least 25% of their home games to watching them maybe a couple of times a year.

Now I'm back and I am enjoying this young team scrap every night. They don't usually win, but the losses speak more to a lack of talent and not them playing hard.

Comment

• I thought early on SVG was handed an owner that didn't want to go through the process of a rebuild. He wanted to win now but they didn't have the pieces for it. SVG looked like he was making it up as he went but as soon as the Griffin trade went down the writing was on the wall. They had peaked at that very point and were going to progressively get worse and worse.

And thats what happened. I'm just glad its over because it was a slow painful burn
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Gores wanted a team that could make the playoffs, and I don't think he particularly cared what seed or how deep their playoff runs were. SVG only fell out of favor when it became clear that it wasn't possible to sustain such a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          Gores wanted a team that could make the playoffs, and I don't think he particularly cared what seed or how deep their playoff runs were. SVG only fell out of favor when it became clear that it wasn't possible to sustain such a team.
                          That’s a fair take.

Adding to that, SVG kept drafting SVG players instead of better players.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            I've been watching Auburn all year (my son goes to Auburn) and I went to a few games. Jabari Smith is the real deal.
                            Smith is legit. I get why people like Chet’s game but Smith to me is complete.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Smith can't go ISO.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                Gores wanted a team that could make the playoffs, and I don't think he particularly cared what seed or how deep their playoff runs were. SVG only fell out of favor when it became clear that it wasn't possible to sustain such a team.
                                And completely empty arenas move the needle too. Even before COVID

Comment

Working...
                                X